Mason Mount's Misfortune

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was saying all night in the matchday thread, he absolutely had to start ahead of McTominay. Was completely invisible and barely touched the ball, which we couldn’t afford in a game where we were fighting to get a foothold.

Happy for him on a personal level though, had a torrid time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Lovely goal, but that'll be lost in the misery of the late crumble.

Chairman Steve

Scored a great goal. I’m tempted to see how he’d do in Bruno’s spot as I think there’s a possibility we’d be a lot more appreciative of ball possession with Mount there, as opposed to Bruno doing his ‘quarterback doing Hail Marys at every opportunity’ routine.

T_Model101

Good goal, but still hard to see where he fits in.
We have too many Paul Ince style big time Charlie's who just want to get forward all the time

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Seems like whenever a new player scores his first goal for this club we fail to win so it takes away the positives… happened with Hojlund at the start of season.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Was a great finish on his weaker foot. A lot of our attackers would’ve fecked that right up.
He’s pretty much two footed. I’m fairly sure he scored and assisted quite a bit with his left at Chelsea. I think technically he’s exactly what we need but can he play with the intensity required to take us to the next level and is his fitness ok now. They are the two main worries for me with him. He’s a class player. I really hope he can show it here after the worst start imaginable

Captmfla

Mount's goal was amazing and I am sure it will bolster his confidence. Maybe it's time for Mount to take over from starters who are not playing well since he can play any position in midfield.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Mount's goal was amazing and I am sure it will bolster his confidence. Maybe it's time for Mount to take over from starters who are not playing well since he can play any position in midfield.
I’ve a feeling we’re gonna see him occupy one of the wide positions. There’s no chance he replaces Bruno. ETH would never drop him and wouldn’t want all the questions that come with it

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He kept possession well. That was his task at that stage.
That's not even worthy of saying it was a good cameo. That is the bare minimum. He shat himself as soon as the boos came out and one touch passed so the fans would stop.

Rockets Redglare

That's not even worthy of saying it was a good cameo. That is the bare minimum. He shat himself as soon as the boos came out and one touch passed so the fans would stop.
Hardly, you’ve been listening to that cretin Fletcher too much. He did everything expected and made a great tackle at the end.

Some of you lot would rather he failed so you can gloat that you were right all along.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Hardly, you’ve been listening to that cretin Fletcher too much. He did everything expected and made a great tackle at the end.

Some of you lot would rather he failed so you can gloat that you were right all along.
Who? I watched the match. He did nothing. We bought him to be a creative AM not a cm who keeps possession. Why put him on the wing if his only job is to keep the ball?

Dan_F

Did every pass find a man? If only we could dream of the other players being able to play one touch :lol:

Rockets Redglare

Who? I watched the match. He did nothing. We bought him to be a creative AM not a cm who keeps possession. Why put him on the wing if his only job is to keep the ball?
The commentator who made the exact comment you just made.
He came on with about 5 minutes to go, I don’t know what else you expect from him. We were obviously trying to keep the ball high up the pitch and that’s exactly what he was doing.

Bowlcut11

Someone's taken Ally McCoists jokes to heart...

Pickle85

Yeah, because he should have lingered on the ball to prove the no mark chav fans wrong. Give it a rest.

FujiVice

The guy was brought on to keep possession. And he did that. I dont know what you think his instructions were when they threw him on late. Certainly wasnt "run at them, spray balls about."

BorisManUtd

Good cameo. And a truly terrible way to lose at your former club. Chelsea fans will be loving it.

Fahad Jawaid

The only player who kept possession easily and looked a player with something to prove. played one touch passes and defensively made several tackles and blocks. On comparison look at Rashford, he hardly broke a sweat after coming on, kept jogging and avoiding players. I felt bad for him the most after the loss (Mount).