Mason Mount's Misfortune

tomaldinho1

One of the great cover ups. There will be a Netflix documentary in 3 years time about this
Thread needs a title change.

Manchester Met Mandate Mount and Malacia Murder Muckrake, Manager Manacled for Misdemeanour

redNATION

Like what? If he was in legal trouble it would be all over the papers
Not necessarily, there are rules around what the UK press can report, I’m not suggesting that Mount is one of the concerned players but there’s been reports of players being under investigation for sexual crimes and failed drugs tests but the names are not allowed to be disclosed.

AndySmith1990

Buy a player in the last year of his contract for £55m, only for said player to play a handful of matches all season. It's such a United thing to happen

crossy1686

career ending
I suspect something more serious (non-injury) has happened but the club is unable for legal reasons to comment. Same for Malacia.
Like what exactly? The real reason they're out is because Ten Hag doesn't want them to relapse by rushing them back. They're both back in training but not fit yet.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I know there's a lot of competition but this has to be the worst signing we've ever made.

In terms of what the fee has got us, We must be at around £10m per start at present...and its not like he's done anything useful in any of those games to make you think he'd be starting more if he was fit now.

Basically we've paid £50m for a nice backheel against Luton.

LordSpud

I'm just convinced that the number 7 shirt is utterly cursed and we should retire it

prateik

Any reason for the secrecy? No idea what is wrong with Mount and Malacia...
Martial has disappeared too.. and where is Martinez?

Ibi Dreams

Martinez at least popped out of the crypt for a few games before disappearing again

With Malacia and Mount, I don't understand why their situations feel so shrouded in secrecy. Not saying there's something else going on, but why does it feel like they've just utterly vanished. If doesn't usually feel like that with long term injuries

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Mount was next to Højlund for the Fulham game so we know he's alive.

Has Malacia been seen since last season?