Matchday experience in the covid era.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Two rounds then of matches at prem level and more below in championship, league 1 etc.

Anyone been to a live game on here yet? Am going to Villa-Brentford next weekend and double jabbed now but haven't got round to putting the status on my phone so interested if there's any covid spot checks going on or they're just wating until October. Will probably take my mask aswell but haven't seen much mask wearing in evidence from the cameras scanning the crowds.

Going to be an interesting experience anyway going back with 40k other fans next Saturday. Gues just got to enjoy it while we can as probably unlikely capacity crowds will continue once we hit November as by then daily cases and deaths will probably sharply rise due to many factors.

What's certain though is it's far far far more enjoyable to watch match online, on tv and radio with fans in great voice. We'll laugh in 5 years time we all had to watch matches with canned crowd noise for a full year.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Two rounds then of matches at prem level and more below in championship, league 1 etc.

Anyone been to a live game on here yet? Am going to Villa-Brentford next weekend and double jabbed now but haven't got round to putting the status on my phone so interested if there's any covid spot checks going on or they're just wating until October. Will probably take my mask aswell but haven't seen much mask wearing in evidence from the cameras scanning the crowds.

Going to be an interesting experience anyway going back with 40k other fans next Saturday. Gues just got to enjoy it while we can as probably unlikely capacity crowds will continue once we hit November as by then daily cases and deaths will probably sharply rise due to many factors.

What's certain though is it's far far far more enjoyable to watch match online, on tv and radio with fans in great voice. We'll laugh in 5 years time we all had to watch matches with canned crowd noise for a full year.
Was no checks at OT last week. Business as usual really. Will probably change in October. Was fantastic to be back and the atmosphere was electric.

Member 101269

Almost 5,000 (4,700) Covid-19 cases have been linked to the music and surfing festival Boardmasters, which took place in Cornwall this month. That equates to approximately 10% of attendees. It seems that the attendance process and data from football matches isn't being treated the same as the festival.

I'll admit, i didn't attend the Leeds match purely on the basis of observing COVID data and there being numerous away match before the next home game for cases to filter through the system. I am wondering why matchday cases arent being discussed.

AgentSmith

Was at OT for the opening game. The atmosphere was phenomenal and felt a little surreal to be back surrounded by that many people.

It was basically the perfect day from the perspective of football (the crowd noise, Varane presentation, the performance, the result, Sancho’s debut). The reaction to Varane really set the place off perfectly just prior to KO.

There were no Covid checks as far as I could tell but they were supposed to be implementing the ‘spot checks’; if they did I didn’t experience them, nor did anyone I know. Masks were basically non-existent. I wore mine whenever I was in the ground and not sitting in my seat but I was still one of a very small minority doing this in my section.

Huge groups of people maskless, and basically shoulder to shoulder, having drinks and food inside the ground was my concern from a general safety perspective. I hope they implement a double-jabbed requirement for entry soon.