Matej Kovar

Mark Pawelek

Kovar:
Saves 32 minute shot from outside the box
Concedes, in bottom right corner, 41 minute shot, from inside the box.

1 - 0 to Blackpool at half-time.

Mark Pawelek

On 47 minutes. Goal! Blackpool 2, Swindon Town 0. CJ Hamilton (Blackpool) left footed shot from the right side of the box to the bottom right corner. Assisted by Oliver Turton.

On 50 minutes. Kovar fouled.

dev1l

Kovar is playing for Swindon - 3-1up in the 42 min vs Burton Albion

Onerealunited

Whaaat? That doesn’t make sense. He was getting very much playing time. Hope it’s because he’ll be loaned out to a higher league

Based Adnan

Whaaat? That doesn’t make sense. He was getting very much playing time. Hope it’s because he’ll be loaned out to a higher league
He wasn't performing well. I'd be very surprised if he manages another league one let alone a Championship one.

The statement makes it sound like we've recalled him but based on his performances + the new Swindon manager recently saying he's "more or less decided on Kovar's future", I'd wager it was Swindon who cancelled the loan.

kundalini

Kovar's save percentage was 58.8%. Compared to the other teams (not individuals) in the division, only Burton the same percentage, the rest are better. 8 teams above 70%, another 4 at 69%, another 3 between 65% and 68%. Looks like Kovar's rival for his Swindon place, who made two starts, had a lower save percentage 50%.

Last season there were 2 teams in League One with save percentages below Kovar's figure but only another two below 65%. 11 teams above 70%.

No advanced goal-keeping stats available that I can see on Fbref.

The lowest team (not individual) save percentage in the Championship right now is 63%, with only one other team under 65%. 11 teams above 70%.

Dean Henderson's save percentage in League One was 82.4%, then 73.5% in the Championship, and 75.2% last season in the PL.

Last edited:

Onerealunited

Kovar's save percentage was 58.8%. Compared to the other teams (not individuals) in the division, only Burton the same percentage, the rest are better. 8 teams above 70%, another 4 at 69%, another 3 between 65% and 68%. Looks like Kovar's rival for his Swindon place, who made two starts, had a lower save percentage 50%.

Last season there were 2 teams in League One with save percentages below Kovar's figure but only another two below 65%. 11 teams above 70%.

No advanced goal-keeping stats available that I can see on Fbref.

The lowest team (not individual) save percentage in the Championship right now is 63%, with only one other team under 65%. 11 teams above 70%.

Dean Henderson's save percentage in League One was 82.4%, then 73.5% in the Championship, and 75.2% last season in the PL.
some Nice stats. Thanks mate. Didn’t know he was doing so bad. He is still young and can still improve a lot. Maybe a loan out to a team that does better than Swindon in the same league. Everything (with playing time) would be better than sitting on the bench here or play for the U23

Mickson

To be fair to Kovar, the defense in front of him has been abysmal. I recommend that you check their Youtube channel for some shocking defending. You won't believe it sometimes. With that said, he hasn't been at his best and you can see him being a bit...unsure. Not confident. It's very difficult for a young foreign keeper coming to Swindon and expecting to lead the defense. He has only one clean sheet in 21 games and has averaged two goals per game. I also think he has been looking a bit slow on a couple of occasions. Good experience for him. Btw, there is no way is he being recalled because of Henderson.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Bishop going on loan, Kóvar taking his place and gaining self confidence?
The place of Bishop is to be the training partner for De Gea, Henderson and Grant.

If there a no loan deals for Woolston or Mastny then to bring back Kovar for the U23 team would be terrible for everyone.......if we could find a League Two side for Kovar then it would be still a okay (To send young players on loan abroad is of course difficult right now).

KevinJoh

It was honestly very difficult for him there. As someone said, their defense is terrible. Most of the goals have been open shots, 1 vs 1. Although he could be better sometimes in those situations, it is not position in which you can expect goalkeeper to make a save. Also, he was under constant pressure by the fans. Fan base totally against him, as scape goat, someone who is on loan so probably easy target.
On the other hand, he conceded some goals on near post. Part of the game he has to work on. Also commanding the box more, although those guys in Swindon are so shit that you can hardly command them. Learning curve for sure, lets hope next loan will be with better defensive line around.
You have highlights and goals here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0AktHYTM_3ck3ND-ecdTcg/videos

Acole9

Outstanding
I'm not sure what Salford's goalkeeper is like but I wouldn't mind betting if he goes there. Ritchie Wellens is the manager and was the one who wanted him at Swindon.

arthurka

I'm not sure what Salford's goalkeeper is like but I wouldn't mind betting if he goes there. Ritchie Wellens is the manager and was the one who wanted him at Swindon.
Wanted being the keyword here.
I am sure after the last match he is not wanted anymore.

KevinJoh

kid lost all the confidence he had. He needs to play in U23 to get it the back till the end of season at least. Not sure what happened, but he was excellent before this loan.

Red_toad

kid lost all the confidence he had. He needs to play in U23 to get it the back till the end of season at least. Not sure what happened, but he was excellent before this loan.
Agree he was excellent prior to going out on loan. Looks like something has destroyed his confidence. Really hope he can turn it around.

Jordicruyfffanclub

I feel very sorry for him. Seemed to be progressing very well but his time at Swindon appears to have badly shaken his confidence.
I hope he continues to be first choice U23 keeper. Don't think Woolston has a future at United. I presume Bishop will be working with the first team?

fitzmertz

Has been called up to the full internatIonal squad for tomorrow’s friendly against Ukraine.

VDG17

I think there's enough there with Kovar to suggest future first team potential, I think he's the best of the keepers i've seen in the past 10 years at youth level. He'll need some patience and I hold the general view that keepers need longer to develop(see Henderson, Johnstone, Gollini). So my hope is that we don't move him on before we've given him the chance to develop. Following the loan path of Henderson might be the best route.

dutchred

I think there's enough there with Kovar to suggest future first team potential, I think he's the best of the keepers i've seen in the past 10 years at youth level. He'll need some patience and I hold the general view that keepers need longer to develop(see Henderson, Johnstone, Gollini). So my hope is that we don't move him on before we've given him the chance to develop. Following the loan path of Henderson might be the best route.
He is also good with his feet and distribution. I can see him being a Ten Haag type keeper

L1nk

Who would people say is better though Kovar or Vitek?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Who would people say is better though Kovar or Vitek?
I think Kovar is miles better personally, Vitek is solid and a fairly commanding presence but Kovar was a gamechanger when he was with us. Admittedly I haven't followed him that closely on his loan this season.

Varun1

I think Kovar is miles better personally, Vitek is solid and a fairly commanding presence but Kovar was a gamechanger when he was with us. Admittedly I haven't followed him that closely on his loan this season.
Didn't Kovar have a tough time on his previous loan? Still young and learning though.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Didn't Kovar have a tough time on his previous loan? Still young and learning though.
He did, but I won't hold that against him. Garner struggled at Watford and now looks one of the best players in the Championship.