Matheus França | Flamengo Player

Uniquim

Flamengo is back at it with another youngster that is starting to look like a bit of a gem.
He's called Matheus França, he's an attacking midfielder, that can play on both sides and through the middle.
He likes coming in from the inside right and getting behind defenders.

He's got 13 goals and 9 assists in 17 games in the Brazilian championship and copa do brasil sub-17, including 6 goals over two legs (4+2) in the Copa semifinals against Palmeiras U17.

He's had a good season overall. He's yet to make his senior debut, but he is expected to be included when the senior team participate in the regional championships for the start of next season. Also going to be taking part in the Copinha tournament in January, which is a youth tournament that attracts scouts from a lot of European clubs, and have been the springboard for a lot of brazilian youngsters.

França signed a new contract earlier this year, that runs until 2027, and includes a €100m release clause. Real Madrid are reportedly in the process of trying to recruit him regardless, which probably means they think he can be signed for less than €100m. They have paid €45m for Vinicius Jr, and €35m for Reinier from Flamengo in recent years though.

He's a big fan of Cristiano Ronaldo (which is why he plays with the #7 shirt), and said in an interview after Flamengo won the Copa do Brasil U17: "I look up to him a lot. Not just on the field, but also off the field. He's an upright person, good, hardworking and with a great character. I try to bring those qualities into my own way of living. I'm also a fan of guys like Gabigol and Bruno Henrique."

And here's the mandatory youtube highlight reel: