Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayfieldsFinest

Success is incremental. Ole did a great job, got rid of a lot of dead wood and was at least 80% successful in the transfer market. If Poch could have a similar incremental increase I will be happy and I think he would.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'd definitely be happy to have him here, however, will PSG really let their manager go in the middle of the season? I know Zidane is rumoured to take over, but i thought he was reluctant to go to a team in the middle of the season? Or was his reluctance to do with United and the Premier League more specifically.

Also, there's the matter of his strong feeling towards Marseille which could complicate things.

croadyman

No point in trying to convince those that already made up their minds on Poch. Context doesn't matter to them, never mind the fact that Tuchel underperformed at PSG, and then joined Chelsea and won the feckin UCL. They will keep on babbling about no trophies, can't even win Ligue 1 etc.
Yeah Ten Hag was my first choice but like what I saw from Pochettino at Spurs (pre 2019) and so intrigued to see what he can do with this squad given time

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Zidane has refused the job, so we have to move on from that. Ten Hag is a big risk having only managed in Holland. Poch is an excellent choice.
100% mate. He's as close to a safe bet that we can get. I'm not on the TH hype train. Yes, Ajax play some great stuff, but there is no guarantee that we'd see the same with our players in a very different league. Poch is a great choice.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Please not Poch. I don't care how much he wants the job - that's not a good enough criteria at the moment.
Really hope we don't go this way.

croadyman

My first introduction to Poch was when his Southampton side played us off the park in SAF last season. Mightily impressed that day with the work ethic, shape and technical ability on show.
Was that the 3-2 RVP hattrick game

Kaos

We don‘t have a good structure and won‘t have it anytime soon. Most agreed that the squad is ready to challenge now. And if we can‘t get a proven winner than I would rather give it to ETH or even Potter than Poch.
I could also ask the question the other way: If you find the thought of top 4-6 ridiculous, so what do you think who will he beat to get 1st or 2nd? Pep, Klopp or Tuchel?
Anyway I am not the anti-Amadeus who will write essays against Poch (if he comes). However I have not wanted him since he left Spurs and nothing he has done since has changed my mind.
ETH is my first choice too, but you said it yourself - we don't have the structure of a well run football club, so he wouldn't be a guaranteed success here, especially if he doesn't have the meticulous footballing ecosystem he currently enjoys at Ajax. There's also the fact he seemingly doesn't want us to join mid season, meaning we're stuck with the grim reality of possibly being coached by Carrick until the end of the season. Poch wants to join now. Potter is far too green, you mentioned Moyes yet don't seem alarmed with the prospect of hiring yet another manager who's never been tested at a big club.

As for who can realistically come in and challenge Klopp/Tuchel/Pep - honestly I don't think anyone can. Conte might have fluked us a PL title, Zidane too, but both those ships have either sailed or were DOA. If we could bring in a manager immediately who knows the PL, can get us playing decent attacking football, and has us at least in the conversation every season then it would be a pretty damn good start. Klopp and Pep aren't going to be at their respective clubs forever.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Was that the 3-2 RVP hattrick game
No. 2-1 victory for United. United were 2-1 up at halftime and spent the entire second half defending a very impressive Southampton display. Poch had been in the job a matter of weeks.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The wheels are firmly in motion here. How quickly he comes in will come down to how quickly Qatar can appoint Zidane I'd imagine.

First choice is Ten Hag but I have always been a fan of Pochettino so I can't complain. I have never subscribed to the "no big trophies" talk. It fails to look at context.
I think he will do well. More importantly, getting him now gives us a chance of rescuing this season.
Yours?
Yeah same tbh, I wouldnt complain if he comes in the choices are very slim! I thought we should have got him in when Ole was interim. But since then Ten Hag has taken my fancy, Ajax play some really good football and have won trophies.

I think Poch will do well if he comes in, we have a good squad. One thing about him is he will definitely improve our FB area he will whip AWB, Dalot etc into shape in no time. Im curious to see what he will do with our midfield though..

croadyman

PSG are a club that like to keep scores, so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they let Poch leave and then aggressively pursue Pogba in January just to get one over us. I don't mind one bit if that show pony fecks off to France but something to keep in mind.
Yeah tell Pochettino to put Verratti or Paredes in the hand luggage

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Is there any chance he could take over before the Chelsea or Arsenal game? It goes back on what the club said re an interim but I don’t see the point in wasting time if he’s the man they want.

BorisManUtd

Nope, that was not under Poch I think but we were 2nd best in that game as well. But had RvP :drool:
Number of times we won after a comeback in first part of that 2012/13 season is incredible. 3-2 Saints, 4-3 vs Reading, 4-3 Newcastle, 3-2 v Aston Villa etc. Some games we were bad for 70 minutes and then would win it in last 20. Shows you that team was already not good enough and we won PL because of Fergie, RvP, Carrick mostly. I'm still mad at Fergie for letting the team get so much weaker from 2009 to 2013.

That 2-1 win vs Poch' Saints, don't remember it clearly but we did struggle against them in that game, as well as next season (though we struggled against most teams next season :lol: )

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Alderweireld and Verthongen were very highly rated at Ajax and so was Eriksen. All some of the biggest stars in the last 15 years.

Alli was a hot prospect that had just schooled United and could go anywhere he wanted. Didnt Kane emerge already under Sherwood? Poch did a great job mind to have them performing at their highest, but these were very very talented players even before he came.
Vertonghen was already at Spurs so fair enough. Alderweireld hadn't worked out at Atletico, and so had ended up at Soton. He got to his best levels under Poch. My memory of Eriksen is that he was highly rated but hadn't fully stepped up at Ajax, I might be wrong, was he outstanding at the time Spurs bought him? In any case, he hadn't pulled up trees at Spurs before Poch got there. Sherwood tries to take credit for Kane but it was under Poch that he started scoring.

OleBoiii

In this picture you see a glaring problem with Pochettino: he's not bald! Nor is he wearing a baseball cap! Pep, Zidane, Ten Hag, Klopp and Tuchel are all either bald or wearing a baseball cap. There is a clear pattern here. And that pattern is male pattern baldness.

Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho and Ole have all had a full head of hair. Pochettino is doomed from the get go!

Skills

Snitch
If he comes in now and misses top 4, should we sack him in the summer?

Like it might be unfair because Oles the one responsible for the shithole we're in this season. But life isn't fair.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Vertonghen was already at Spurs so fair enough. Alderweireld hadn't worked out at Atletico, and so had ended up at Soton. He got to his best levels under Poch. My memory of Eriksen is that he was highly rated but hadn't fully stepped up at Ajax, I might be wrong, was he outstanding at the time Spurs bought him? In any case, he hadn't pulled up trees at Spurs before Poch got there. Sherwood tries to take credit for Kane but it was under Poch that he started scoring.
Eriksen was brilliant for Ajax, maybe he should have left Ajax a bit sooner but he was a genuine star.

You are right on Kane. Alderweireld didnt really suit that Atletico team but Poch identified him very well. A very fine defender at his best.

deef

In this picture you see a glaring problem with Pochettino: he's not bald! Nor is he wearing a baseball cap! Pep, Zidane, Ten Hag, Klopp and Tuchel are all either bald or wearing a baseball cap. There is a clear pattern here. And that pattern is male pattern baldness.

Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho and Ole have all had a full head of hair. Pochettino is doomed from the get go!
Its so obvious... Just shows how clueless the board is :rolleyes:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Hey I'm having fun. Just trying to decide if "not knowing which out of two numbers is the highest" or "not understanding what money spent per year means" is funnier.
Mate, when you have no point to any of your posts, you really start to lose any credence or credibility.

If you think £400m is not a lot of money to spend at a club like Spurs considering where they were when Poch took over than fine, but considering the contexts that I have pointed out then it highlights, to me at least, how incorrect you are.

You may think differently but your point has been lost among snide comments which you appear to have used to disguise the fact that you don't really have anything of merit or interest to say, which again is fine, but I am not interested in people who cannot elequently explain their reasoning.

Each to their own, but leave me out of your petulance please, I'm above that thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.