Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Energetic and organisation would be a dream for this team right now though. He’s a vast improvement on what we have/had and the fact the club (SAF in particular) are long term admirers it almost seems inevitable now.

After the last 8 years I honestly don’t know who is the best candidate.
But he isn't a winner, he isn't the only manager that has his team play energetic and organized. Villas Boas does it too but I don't see anyone championing him, yet he has won more than Pochettino. We are at a point where we have to look at more than the bare minimum, unless our goal is just top 4 and being decent in the CL.

the_cliff

Mauricio Pochettino is open to becoming #mufc manager and it is not out of the question they could get him now #mulive [
@sistoney67
]

If we can get him now I'd say that there's a high chance he's our next manager.

We need an rvn

Energetic and organisation would be a dream for this team right now though. He’s a vast improvement on what we have/had and the fact the club (SAF in particular) are long term admirers it almost seems inevitable now.

I personally think there is currently two elite managers out there - both will not come here and are not available (Klopp and Pep)

There's a layer below that - the likes of Tuchel, Ancelotti, Nagelsmann - all not available either

Zidane doesn't want to come

All of those would be a huge improvement on the latest regime.

I agree, I have absolutely no idea who the best candidate is as I can't see anyone as good as those above

MuFc_1992

Not my first choice but would be really happy if we can get him now. Ten Hag is still my first choice but he's not proven himself to be so good that we can pass up on a permanent manager now just to wait on him.

pascell

Fixed it for you.

ABB*

*Anyone but Brentan
Personally I'd only have ten Hag.

There's a reason why Poch was sacked by Spurs, their football was dull towards the end, they were in the bottom half of the table and never won a trophy with them despite all the plaudits.

Rodgers, let's not go there, he isn't good enough.

Skills

Snitch

How about Louis Van Gaal then? Even more organised, less energetic but still a vast improvement on what we have.

kps88

Why does our board have such a hard on for Pochettino? Going by reports in the media, he's like their cream of the crop... when in reality he's just nowhere near the great managers of today.
He's got this image of being a likeable, well mannered guy, EPL experience, hasn't won anything so should be easier/cheaper to attract, friends with SAF. He's done a good job managing the media as well; they all seem to love him.

There's not enough substance there for me but who knows.

JPRouve

Scout
Mauricio Pochettino is open to becoming #mufc manager and it is not out of the question they could get him now #mulive [
@sistoney67
]

If we can get him now I'd say that there's a high chance he's our next manager.
The article seems highly speculative. Especially since there is no indication that PSG wants to replace Pochettino mid season or that they have a chance to replace him with someone decent.

gajender

But he isn't a winner, he isn't the only manager that has his team play energetic and organized. Villas Boas does it too but I don't see anyone championing him, yet he has won more than Pochettino. We are at a point where we have to look at more than the bare minimum, unless our goal is just top 4 and being decent in the CL.
I believe United dropped the ball big time by not appointing Conte he would have been brilliant , a winner who is still in his prime and with Pochetinno being touted as our top choice it just seems United hierarchy is once again playing it safe .

the_cliff

The article seems highly speculative. Especially since there is no indication that PSG wants to replace Pochettino mid season or that they have a chance to replace him with someone decent.
Simon Stone wouldn't speculate that Poch would be open to leaving mid season unless he has been told by one of Poch's people that he is willing to do so.

It also mentions in the article we still haven't approached him, my guess is this is from Poch's side letting us know he'll be willing to leave mid season if we want him to take the job.

Marwood

How about Louis Van Gaal then? Even more organised, less energetic but still a vast improvement on what we have.
How is LvG a vast improvement when he was truly awful? The football was incredibly boring, I don't think a single signing turned out to be a success and then there's finishing lower in the league than Ole.

He's in no way comparable to potentially getting Poch.

JPRouve

Scout
Simon Stone wouldn't speculate that Poch would be open to leaving mid season unless he has been told by one of Poch's people that he is willing to do so.

It also mentions in the article we still haven't approached him, my guess is this is from Poch's side letting us know he'll be willing to leave mid season if we want him to take the job.
That's exactly what he does in that article though, he speculates. He tells you that it's not known whether Pochettino would be willing to leave mid season and losely give you an argument on the PSG side based on rumours that have spread since Zidane begun his management career.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Personally I'd only have ten Hag.

There's a reason why Poch was sacked by Spurs, their football was dull towards the end, they were in the bottom half of the table and never won a trophy with them despite all the plaudits.

Rodgers, let's not go there, he isn't good enough.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a Poch sceptic (my post history will show that). However, Poch is infinitely preferable to me than a Kop cast off like Brentan.

I, personally, want to bring in Rangnick and see him reshape the club's playing philosophy at all levels and then continue as Director of Football. However, whether its Rangnick, Ten Hag, whoever. As a signed up member of the ABB movement, I'll take Poch in a heartbeat if the alternative is Brentan.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yeah I genuinely don’t know what’s best to be honest. I see Ten Hag is the popular name - who would you like to come in?

Skills

Snitch
How is LvG a vast improvement when he was truly awful? The football was incredibly boring, I don't think a single signing turned out to be a success and then there's finishing lower in the league than Ole.

He's in no way comparable to potentially getting Poch.
Oles laid the foundations of a perfect squad so you don't need to worry about signing any player.

If all we need is an organiser, why not hire the master organiser of all? I quite enjoyed Juanfield and a few of the big games under him

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I don’t think they are all that similar - I don’t know who is best for us to be honest, but I do know it isn’t Van Gaal.

the_cliff

That's exactly what he does in that article though, he speculates. He tells you that it's not known whether Pochettino would be willing to leave mid season and losely give you an argument on the PSG side based on rumours that have spread since Zidane begun his management career.
Well there's definitely been a brief from somewhere considering Sky, Telegraph, Daily Mail, Talk Sport and now the BBC are all saying Poch is interesting in becoming the new manager and could be open to joining mid season.

If you're Poch you aren't exactly going to let the world know directly you're unhappy with your current employers and want to leave right away considering another option is open.

Sinbad the sailor

Supports
Football
United have a very important appointment ahead of them. Personally I don't think pochettinho is a good appointment. His PSG team don't build through midfield and rely heavily on individual brilliance. And that's a midfield consisting on Verrati, paredes etc....
As for ten hag I think his system wouldn't work in unless a lot of the current starters like ronaldo, fred, mctominay etc are shifted and the squad is revamped. Is the management ready to do that for a coach that's relatively unknown and has no previous affiliation with the club?

RedAlert7

Ugh, i guess poch it is then. For me it's very underwhelming, we shouldn't be hiring a manager that got sacked from another prem team as its a clear indicator that they aren't good enough. If you want to save the season then sure go for poch, he'll get us top four but inevitably will get sacked in 2-3 seasons similar to ole

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah I genuinely don’t know what’s best to be honest. I see Ten Hag is the popular name - who would you like to come in?
Ten Hag, he uses positional play. It's a balanced style that suits technical players and where some great athletes can also shine. I think that it's more conducive to consistent high level football and I want us to focus on the younger players, the likes of Sancho, Greenwood, Mejbri and Van de Beek.

Last edited:

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Pochettino's camp pushing hard by this brief. Up to United to stump the cash.

Rooney24

Surely Zidane just walks in there?

In reality its between ETH and Poch for united. So if we can get one of them now then we shouldnt really wait.

JPRouve

Scout
Well there's definitely been a brief from somewhere considering Sky, Telegraph, Daily Mail, Talk Sport and now the BBC are all saying Poch is interesting in becoming the new manager and could be open to joining mid season.

If you're Poch you aren't exactly going to let the world know directly you're unhappy with your current employers and want to leave right away considering another option is open.
The brief could easily come from United who try to see how such rumours are perceived by the fanbase and their targets.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The BBC literally posted an article this morning on Zidane playing down the possibility that PSG would replace Poch with Zidane: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59368631

Feels as if Poch's people, or intermediaries for either United or Poch, are looking to get the dominos falling. The BBC really wouldn't post unsubstantiated articles like that.

JPRouve

Scout
Surely Zidane just walks in there?

In reality its between ETH and Poch for united. So if we can get one of them now then we shouldnt really wait.
I don't know about that, just recently he was insisting on the fact that he is from Marseille and I don't know if Zidane actually wants to take a job midseason or at all.

DevTheRed

I’d rather Ten Hag but Poch would probably be my second choice. Can’t forget how much of a good job he did for the majority of his time at Spurs, and the football he got them playing was entertaining to say the least.

I’d offer the job to both of them now and whoever takes it can have it. But judging from the statement we put out yesterday the club seem adamant they want to wait until the summer.

the_cliff

The brief could easily come from United who try to see how such rumours are perceived by the fanbase and their targets.
Well United are going to look really silly leaking that Poch may join immediately only to find out he may not be interested in joining at all. :lol:

JPRouve

Scout
Well United are going to look really silly leaking that Poch may join immediately only to find out he may not be interested in joining at all. :lol:
But that's the thing, the article tells you that Pochettino would be reluctant. They covered all basis with it, started a rumour and played it down within the same article.

SplitzMagic

Small club mentality this. Imagine taking Poch now and PSG get Zidane.

I know we can't get Zidane as he doesn't want to come here but we need to just bring in someone interim I.e Rangnick and then get Ten Hag.

It's so logical rather than panicking and grabbing Pochettino who doesn't have the same fire anymore. He was great at Spurs but he just doesn't seem like the same manager anymore.

We're always wanting other teams scraps with PSG possibly happy to let him go and this time I really think we should just pace ourselves and bring in more structure and I can't see anything better than Rangnick and Ten Hag.

We'll get Poch, have an awful 2nd half of the season along with Eddie Howe and then Ten Hag will join Newcastle and become a huge success.

You know that will be the case with our luck.

Last edited:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This serial loser would be yet another underwhelming appointment. Why can’t we have good things for once? Just get RR as interim and throw all the money at ETH in the summer.

AndyMUFC

Let’s get this done if we can.

Having an interim for six months is not an ideal option by any stretch.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
As did every team in the league. Not sure why Leicester wildly overachieving means Spurs underachieved. Nonsensical. They were never once in pole position for the title either so they bottled nothing.
That's the point many people seem to miss.

diarm

Pochettino's camp pushing hard by this brief. Up to United to stump the cash.
Instead of cash, we should just give them Pogba in January. Everyone wins that way.

We get a new coach without having to pay compensation.

Poch gets out of a job he's not happy with.

PSG get to bring Zidane in, and get a big name French player before his contract runs out and it's a free for all.

Pogba gets to dial it in every week in a farmers league and then show up once or twife a month in Europe.

Best of all, we get to sidestep the circus that will be Raiola over the last 6 months of Pogba's deal. That sort of distraction is the last thing a new coach needs to be dealing with.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
ETH is who I picked to be my favourite, I never even entertained the thought of Poch with him at PSG.

If it is a possibility I think it would be a cracking appointment. Would be very excited by that.

the_cliff

But that's the thing, the article tells you that Pochettino would be reluctant. They covered all basis with it, started a rumour and played it down within the same article.
Exactly, why even bring up the notion of the idea if you haven't even approached the person you want. It makes no sense from a United perspective to leak that Poch is interested in coming in the summer, maybe even now, if you haven't even had discussions with the manager.

Either United leaked this information as you said but have already spoken to Poch or it's from Poch's side.

Status
Not open for further replies.