Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

It’s not, so you can rest assured that you’re wrong about something …. again ;)
To be honest I should have been correct, it’s only down to your boards incompetence that I’m not. . Potter should have been out months ago and there would be enough games left to matter

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
There’s a danger he struggles to control the dressing room. Lots of egos similar to PSG and a batshit owner.
Yeah he is pretty unproven when it comes to working with big egos. PSG is a poison chalice - win the CL or you're out. Chelsea is not quite as crazy and I think he'll get more time. Still, with all that money spent comes pressure - if he has a bad start he'll be in trouble.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I'm not sure any team can match the craziness since the new owners took over. I want to believe it will come around and then another thing happens like the Foo Fighters physio takes over and everyone is unfit by some strange coincidence, or James Corden is advising Boehly on team matters.

Gandalf

I'm not sure any team can match the craziness since the new owners took over. I want to believe it will come around and then another thing happens like the Foo Fighters physio takes over and everyone is unfit by some strange coincidence, or James Corden is advising Boehly on team matters.
My scientific research, watching reruns of Gavin and Stacey, confirms that Corden is a Spurs fan. It all makes sense now.

Woodzy

Surely the fact that starting straight away means he will be Chelsea’s 4th manager of the season is embarrassing enough.

Just have him work behind the scenes ffs and do his due diligence ready for next season.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
The big squad is the main problem, with the composition it has now. He must be allowed to trim the fat and replace with players that make up a balanced squad, otherwise they will have the same problems as this season. Problem will come when people start lowballing them for players, because they know they will have to sell to buy, and they won't want some of the overpriced chaff that they currently have. It's going to be an extremely tricky window to manage.

If they bring in the necessary 4-5 players to challenge without shifting 10+ players they will end up with a disharmonious, bloated squad that will be a nightmare to manage. Team spirit will be in the toilet before the season even gets going.
I wouldn't be too worried about not being able to make the necessary cuts to the squad size. We have 20+ players (including a bunch out on loan) whose contracts expire either this summer, 2024 or 2025. This means two things;

A) These players don't have the safety net of a long term contract anymore so they're not really in a position to reject moves elsewhere if it's clear they're not in our plans anymore. Even if club have to compensate for the salary difference between their current and new wages, it makes little difference if it's only for a short period.

B) Due to little time left on the contractm the remaining book values of these players is getting lower and lower each day (or is already zero if the player's an academy graduate) so it's possible to sell some of the less desirable players on the cheap while still making an accounting profit for FFP.

All in all I'd say anything less than 15 departures (inc. current first team and returning loan players) would be a failure. It's the players like Koulibaly, Cucurella, Lukaku who are absolutely going to present big problems if we're looking to get rid but I'm pretty sure we can find buyers for most of our 'deadwood' relatively easily.

Tony247

You guys are hiring an unemployed manager who nobody wants. Good luck with that.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Wait, is he taking over for their remaining games this season?
No, there would be very little benefit in that. He will likely be announced before the season is over and the sit in his office the day the season ends to start work for preseason and the new season.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
No, there would be very little benefit in that. He will likely be announced before the season is over and the sit in his office the day the season ends to start work for preseason and the new season.
Why little benefit? Surely a free hit to get his team in order and learn is handy?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Why little benefit? Surely a free hit to get his team in order and learn is handy?
I don't think the're any point in letting the new manager have the stench of this season form part of his overall record. Clean slate. Fresh start. Work with the board to trim the squad over the summer and start the season with a more reasonable squad size.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I don't think the're any point in letting the new manager have the stench of this season form part of his overall record. Clean slate. Fresh start. Work with the board to trim the squad over the summer and start the season with a more reasonable squad size.
Fair!

Baxquux

If he waits until the summer he might just get the chance to add the Championship title to those PSG trophies...

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
wants gk, cm, striker, to begin with , with epl pedigree if possible.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
"Collaborate with Lampard" has big "Rangnick's dossier" vibes.
Tbf the players he claims to have asked United to sign have gone on to do well and he probably wasn’t wrong about some of the problems at the club. ETH is just the type of guy who wants to do things his own way.
Don't want Poch, he can go back to Spurs.
Really not sure who you can would want. He is objectively the best suited for the job. Knows the league, tactically flexible, has done well in the past with young players. Pretty much ticks all the boxes.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Don't want Poch, he can go back to Spurs.
First sign of tough phase fans will jump on him. I don't know what owners are thinking. Probably they think he is only candidate accepted their demands of madness.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I'm getting the broken Jose vibes from him. Sacked from Spurs and later PSG.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
First sign of tough phase fans will jump on him. I don't know what owners are thinking. Probably they think he is only candidate accepted their demands of madness.
We've seen from recent results what a mess our squad is. Massive bloat, injuries and few goals in it.

Potter was given an impossible job. The owners should have taken the blame.

How we sort the squad out is most important this summer. If it's similar to now, I expect a relegation battle. 32% win this year in the league, that's our level.

We need to get 10+ players out and address where the goals will come from. Only 46 in all competitions in 46 games. Need to double that next year.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
We've seen from recent results what a mess our squad is. Massive bloat, injuries and few goals in it.

How we sort the squad out is most important this summer. If it's similar to now, I expect a relegation battle. 32% win this year in the league, that's our level.

We need to get 10+ players out and address where the goals will come from. Only 46 in all competitions in 46 games. Need to double that next year.
Aubameyang
Ziyech
Pulisic
Azpi
one of Gallagher/Mount
one of RLC/Kovacic
one of Koulibaly/Chalobah
one of Kepa/Mendy

Also ditch Felix and Zakaria back to their home clubs and loan out a few youngsters from the group Broja, D. Fofana, Chukwuemeka, Hall to some clubs where they can play regular first team minutes.

Do all that and it's 12-14 players gone from the current squad, most on a permanent and some loans for the younger lads. Sign a new striker, a defensive mid and a goalkeeper on top of Nkunku, Gusto and Colwill already coming in and it's more or less job done.

Poch likes to play a 4-2-3-1:

New GK - Chilwell, Badiashile, Fofana, James - new DM, Enzo - Mudryk, Nkunku, Madueke - new CF

The likes of Cucurella, Colwill, Silva, Gusto, Kante, Sterling, Havertz and whoever stays from the players mentioned above to fill the squad.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

that wont happen , poch is tactically levels above lamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.