Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
@Amadaeus a video made just for you ;)

Engaged throughout the match even if it is a friendly. Great mentality to have, which will eminent throughout his team.

It is unfortunate though that Bohley and the chelsea hierarchy hasn't significantly strengthened his first team this window. Jackson is the only addition they have made this window for first team and some could say his quality is questionable at the moment. Caicedo should have been bought already. In addition, a ram like cherki. These signings should be done already. The rest in a goalkeeper, perhaps a center back and another number 6 like lavia could wait for more assessments but the two like Caceido and cherki should be done by now. They are hindering Pochettino to getting a strong starts with these delays. I can only imagine that the squad he has now will be used for his first game of the season because at least they already settled in earlier.

pascell

Engaged throughout the match even if it is a friendly. Great mentality to have, which will eminent throughout his team.

It is unfortunate though that Bohley and the chelsea hierarchy hasn't significantly strengthened his first team this window. Jackson is the only addition they have made this window for first team and some could say his quality is questionable at the moment. Caicedo should have been bought already. In addition, a ram like cherki. These signings should be done already. The rest in a goalkeeper, perhaps a center back and another number 6 like lavia could wait for more assessments but the two like Caceido and cherki should be done by now. They are hindering Pochettino to getting a strong starts with these delays. I can only imagine that the squad he has now will be used for his first game of the season because at least they already settled in earlier.
A coach coaching his team from the sideline, revolutionary stuff. Although some players do not take well to having constant instructions hurled at them from the sideline.

Getting the excuses in early I see, not mentioning the £200+ investment that team had last summer and beyond and will likely continue at the end of this window.

That Chelsea team severely underperformed last season, any manager worth their salt would have them challenging for top 4 with the same team as last season.

Amadaeus

A coach coaching his team from the sideline, revolutionary stuff. Although some players do not take well to having constant instructions hurled at them from the sideline.

Getting the excuses in early I see, not mentioning the £200+ investment that team had last summer and beyond and will likely continue at the end of this window.

That Chelsea team severely underperformed last season, any manager worth their salt would have them challenging for top 4 with the same team as last season.
Same team that came 12th :lol:. Only a really amazing manager will have that team challenging for 4th. Chelsea form last season was that of a team that was going to get relegated. It would take a massive clearout, amazing coaching, and quality addition to have this team challenging for a top 4 position again. They are doing well so far with the clearout and they have gotten of to a great start with the coaching, but the quality addition isn't there yet. Without casemiro, Martinez and even Antony, ten hag wouldn't have gotten top four last season. Chelsea hasn't made any signings close to those three yet. Caicedo will be the first but it is dragging

Also it isn't an excuse, everyone knows that Pochettino hasnt been giving the quality players he needs so far.

Last edited:

Amadaeus

Chelsea unbeaten in pre season for the first time since 2011. Over a decade. Should have won 6-0, poor finishing. The only top six manager I believe to do that coming into the season. Might need to fact check that, but surprising if true.

Now it time for Chelsea board to support Pochettino with the big name signings like Caceido, Diogo Costa, kudas/Olise, and cherki.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The last time went unbeaten in preseason was under AVB and he was sacked 7 months later. Just saying. Let’s not get carried away.

Amadaeus

The last time went unbeaten in preseason was under AVB and he was sacked 7 months later. Just saying. Let’s not get carried away.
I doubt Pochettino will be sacked in 7 months. The football they are playing has been really positive. Today, they should have scored 6. Maybe the pitch didn't help with some of those poor finishing

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I doubt Pochettino will be sacked in 7 months. The football they are playing has been really positive. Today, they should have scored 6. Maybe the pitch didn't help with some of those poor finishing
Looked like a good coach. I was not in favour of him when he was shortlisted for first team coach post. But he improved players well in my opinion.

Today i liked the way gallagher played. He specifically groomed for that role and never saw him this much calm in possession in chelsea shirt. Today for me he was man of the match.

Great work by coaching team. Its horrible to allow players to play this kind of pitch especially in ten days season will get started. Hope nkunku will be ready for liverpool game.

Liverpool will get a bloody good game. :drool:

Amadaeus

Looked like a good coach. I was not in favour of him when he was shortlisted for first team coach post. But he improved players well in my opinion.

Today i liked the way gallagher played. He specifically groomed for that role and never saw him this much calm in possession in chelsea shirt. Today for me he was man of the match.

Great work by coaching team. Its horrible to allow players to play this kind of pitch especially in ten days season will get started. Hope nkunku will be ready for liverpool game.

Liverpool will get a bloody good game. :drool:
Gallagher did really well as the 6 or 8 today. He was aggressive, tidy and pressed well. But, I do not believe he is what Pochettino needs to be competitive with the other top six. Caceido could do all of what Gallagher did today but 10x better. That is the type of player that may take chelsea to the next level. Pochettino typically has a positive impact on players and even makes some of the average ones looks good. Even the likes of sterling, and Cucurella could probably come out next season looking like decent squad option with Pochettino in charge.

Liverpool game will be tough and it seems like this is the squad that Pochettino will take into that game. I m sure he would have loved to have Caceido and some fee other players, but this squad did well for him in pre season. I won't be surprised if they give him a strong start to the league as well.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Gallagher did really well as the 6 or 8 today. He was aggressive, tidy and pressed well. But, I do not believe he is what Pochettino needs to be competitive with the other top six. Caceido could do all of what Gallagher did today but 10x better. That is the type of player that may take chelsea to the next level. Pochettino typically has a positive impact on players and even makes some of the average ones looks good. Even the likes of sterling, and Cucurella could probably come out next season looking like decent squad option with Pochettino in charge.

Liverpool game will be tough and it seems like this is the squad that Pochettino will take into that game. I m sure he would have loved to have Caceido and some fee other players, but this squad did well for him in pre season. I won't be surprised if they give him a strong start to the league as well.
I am not saying gallagher is better than caicedo. I always thought gallagher seemed rushed when he had possession. But today he looked really calm in possession.Never watched him with this much composure on the ball in blue shirt.

The rumour about his coaching ability to improve individual players at least have some credibility in that sense. Not much worried about caicedo deal compared to start of preseason when they demanded colwill.

If chelsea don't sign caicedo I hope pochettino to start Reece in DM role with gusto as RB. At the moment gusto looked class in RB role. Reece and gusto both too good for bench role. Need to find a way to start both in big games. For me gusto will be the signing of the season.

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.

Chelsea unbeaten in pre season for the first time since 2011. Over a decade. Should have won 6-0, poor finishing. The only top six manager I believe to do that coming into the season. Might need to fact check that, but surprising if true.

Now it time for Chelsea board to support Pochettino with the big name signings like Caceido, Diogo Costa, kudas/Olise, and cherki.
Top six? They were 12th mate.

Mike Smalling

That’s only true if you use the old top six, including Spurs, but excluding Newcastle. The latter are also unbeaten.

Also, results from friendlies in preseason are meaningless.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Also the only person who won Florida cup by beating Wrexham when Joe Biden is the president of US and A.

ShinjiNinja26

Bottom half of the table manager you mean?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Are you just doing this to keep up some sort of character now or is this real? Is it just Chelsea pre season games you've watched or anyone else's? Since when is "unbeaten in pre season" a thing? And why would you want the Chelsea board to back their manager?

Withnail

Are you just doing this to keep up some sort of character now or is this real? Is it just Chelsea pre season games you've watched or anyone else's? Since when is "unbeaten in pre season" a thing? And why would you want the Chelsea board to back their manager?
The most tediously boring long-term troll on the caf. I can only think he's being kept around as some sort of mascot. To be honest I'm interested to see the reaction once it all goes to crap at Chelsea. It won't be his beloved's fault of course.

Pickle85

I vacillate between he's a generational and highly committed troll, and he's an absolute poch obsessed basket case.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
I think he has become one with the character. But the character is great. I think he is a true asset of this forum.

It's just impossible to be seriously like this. If not, then I have a slight feeling that he works for Poch or is related to him somehow.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Only a really amazing manager will have that team challenging for 4th.
So let me get this straight: if Chelsea finish 5th, just a few points behind 4th place with something like 60 points, Pochettino will be an amazing manager in your eyes? Why so low expectations from a rich club that finishes top 4 more often than not?

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

I mean, I suppose it helps when the best team they've played is Newcastle, while the other 'top 6 clubs' have played the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

So let me get this straight: if Chelsea finish 5th, just a few points behind 4th place with something like 60 points, Pochettino will be an amazing manager in your eyes? Why so low expectations from a rich club that finishes top 4 more often than not?
It's not like the squad has shite players, Silva, Colwill, James, Chilwell, Badiashile, Enzo, Nkunku, Sterling woukd be big players in any squad in the country, then they have the army of highly rated youngsters they've bought, Gusto, Jackson, Mudryk, Andrey Santos, Madueke, Angelo Gabriel etc.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I mean, I suppose it helps when the best team they've played is Newcastle, while the other 'top 6 clubs' have played the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich.
We looked like a team that played with purpose rather than strolling around. Looked like a competitive games more than anything. I don't mind it's Barcelona or Fulham. They gave us good match.

We looked more than sum of the parts thats really coach s work. We looked as a team with potent. That's enough for me.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
We looked like a team that played with purpose rather than strolling around. Looked like a competitive games more than anything. I don't mind it's Barcelona or Fulham. They gave us good match.

We looked more than sum of the parts thats really coach s work. We looked as a team with potent. That's enough for me.
Oh, I'm not denying you look a lot better. It was more the Poch cheerleader and that Tweet's mental viewpoint, that's all.

Hammondo

I don't think they can spend due to their previous seasons spending.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Poch hasn't been backed so far??

Seems like he has to me. Three signings already, to go along side Nkunku whom was already on the books essentially.
Don't really think he hasn't been backed, and really with the squad he has top three should be achievable.

Anything less than top four would be a massive failure for Chelsea and Poch this season.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
How are Chelsea fans still making excuses and demanding signings after spending a billion in the last 12 months? :houllier:

Pickle85

Everybody is so harsh on @Amadaeus. He's just supporting his team and his manager and it's not like we're an exclusive United supporter forum. There's room for fans of many other teams on here.
I think it's mostly a bit of gentle pisstaking, no? Which is surely thoroughly deserved, given his evangelical devotion to the church of Poch. It's funny and he doesn't seem to take it to heart.

Edit: think I missed your point there, actually! Subtlety not my strong point!

Zed is not dead

If Amadeus is a troll, I haven’t seen such committed method acting since Daniel Day Lewis in Gangs of New York.
If not, I can only salute him for his unwavering support of Poch, and dream that my future wife has my back the way he has Poch’s

Pickle85

If Amadeus is a troll, I haven’t seen such committed method acting since Daniel Day Lewis in Gangs of New York.
If not, I can only salute him for his unwavering support of Poch, and dream that my future wife has my back the way he has Poch’s
:lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not saying he will. I’ll take the positives from preseason and call it a day. No point reading more into it than there is. It’s been nice, it’s been lovely to watch but ultimately the results are meaningless.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
In fairness IIRC the only somewhat challenging team we played under AVB was McLeish's Villa, this time nearly all the games have been potential banana skins.

I remember (under AVB) we played Malaysia Xl and it took a Drogba free kick late on to win and only beat a second tier Pompey thanks to an early OG.

That said we for sure have to keep our feet on the ground but from a tactical and performance view point I've been delighted with what I've seen so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.