Mavericks and Liabilities Draft - R1 - PaulScholes18 vs Prolifik

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
PAUL SCHOLES:

PROLIFIK:

PAUL SCHOLES TACTICS:

Liability

Wim Suurbier

I have Karl-Heinz Schnellinger who is a defensive left back and two defensive minded midfielders in Gilberto Silva and Alonso, this allows Suurbier more freedom to attack down the right.

Maverick

King Eric

Just like 92-95 Cantona has two explosive wingers either side of him In Kanchelskis and Overmars and a deadly advanced strike partner in Ruud Van Nistelrooy, this allows Cantona to drop deep and pick up pockets of space.

Goalkeeper

Great Dane excellent command of his area, a real presence in goal and fantastic disputation to start counter attacks.

Alonso & Gilberto

Ideal two man midfield with the passing and playmaking ability of Alonso from deep and the tough tackling Gilberto.

Overmars & Kanchelskis

Overmars will be holding the width on the left while Kanchelskis has more freedom to drift inside to allow Suurbier to go past on the overlap.

PROLIFIK TACTICS:

Liability: Sergio Ramos

The primary concern with Ramos is his tendency to lose his head, so I've surrounded him with defenders who can be relied on to maintain their discipline. Both full-backs are conscientious and will tuck inside to cover when required. Carrick's sound positioning in front of the defence provides additional security.

Maverick: Paul Gascoigne
Our entire setup is devised to get the best out of Gazza. Carrick will sit deep to shield the back four while using his precise passing to find Gazza in advanced midfield areas where he can work his magic. Conti and Pires provide the width to open up space in the middle of the park. Dalglish and Gazza should combine well in between the lines.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I understand the need to give some cover for Suurbier but it stunts your attacking options with Schnellinger at LB and a midfield two, neither of whom will get forward much. In the middle Cantona will need to do a lot to knit the side together.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
first saw scholes team and thought thats it, gets a vote from me but then you see pro team and its equally as good just with slightly better players

paulscholes18

Suurbier is such a weak link in an otherwise great team. Against Pires too!
My heart did sink a bit when I was watching YouTube clips of him and they were all just him bombing forward and nothing defensively that I‘ve been given a fecking Dutch Trent.

He does have a natural right mid in Kanchelskis ahead of him and Gilberto as DM so should have somebody to double up on Pires more often than not.

paulscholes18

I understand the need to give some cover for Suurbier but it stunts your attacking options with Schnellinger at LB and a midfield two, neither of whom will get forward much. In the middle Cantona will need to do a lot to knit the side together.
I did think of Seedorf to partner Gilberto (when Vieira went) but when I looked when he got picked in the 442 draft, I saw you put something along the lines of that he looks odd in a 442 so that put me right off :lol: , so I thought I would go for a deep laying playmaker, rather than a Vidal, Ballack or a Deco.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I did think of Seedorf to partner Gilberto (when Vieira went) but when I looked when he got picked in the 442 draft, I saw you put something along the lines of that he looks odd in a 442 so that put me right off :lol: , so I thought I would go for a deep laying playmaker, rather than a Vidal, Ballack or a Deco.
I like the DLP, I would prefer him with a B2B to give you someone who can get forward a bit more - Essien would have been ideal.

Himannv

I'm not completely convinced by the Gazza - Carrick pairing, but the rest of it is fantastic. I'd have liked Keegan instead of Dalglish because I like the idea of him and Conti being on the same team, but that's a minor thing. Anyway, voted for Proflink.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I'm not completely convinced by the Gazza - Carrick pairing, but the rest of it is fantastic. I'd have liked Keegan instead of Dalglish because I like the idea of him and Conti being on the same team, but that's a minor thing. Anyway, voted for Proflink.
What do you think is off with Gazza and Carrick? Gazza blends bit and attacking flair and Carrick is an intelligent DM/DLP.

Šjor Bepo

why? Carrick is pretty much the perfect midfield partner for Gazza

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Just kinda feel out of touch with our Draft society anymore. Felt that @paulscholes18 had this on the bag, but he/she wasn't.

Himannv

What do you think is off with Gazza and Carrick? Gazza blends bit and attacking flair and Carrick is an intelligent DM/DLP.
why? Carrick is pretty much the perfect midfield partner for Gazza
Why? Carrick-Scholes was good and he could definitely make it work with Gazza.
While I think Carrick is a nice foil for him, I don't really see Gazza as an ideal CM in a midfield two in this particular setup. Considering the wingers are Conti and Pires I think someone more cautious in terms of positioning would work wonders here. Scholes is a good shout actually.

Šjor Bepo

While I think Carrick is a nice foil for him, I don't really see Gazza as an ideal CM in a midfield two in this particular setup. Considering the wingers are Conti and Pires I think someone more cautious in terms of positioning would work wonders here. Scholes is a good shout actually.
in a mid 2 i cant think of a better partner for him and gazza played 90% of his career if not more in a midfield two so you cant ask much more IMO

personally id use him as a wide mid from the left or in a mid three as one of the b2b guys but considering where he played that opinion is just a personal preference