Mcmanaman and ‘’Fletch’’

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Macca actually coming well on camera post-match - or at least in comparison to how he was in the commentary box. Meant it's the narrative they have stick to.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I couldn't believe Fletcher actually pointed out that Benzema being subbed meant that he wasn't allowed to take a penatly if went that far. I mean, seriously. :lol:

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Fletcher panders to his co commentator. If the co-commentator's team are involved in the match he is commentating on, he absolutely kisses their arse, and its cringey. Example, if its Fletch and Hoddle watching Spurs, then he is extremely pro-Spurs, same if its him and Macca watching Lpool etc

Gray and Tyler mid-late 90s was best for prem games, and Alan Parry and trevor francis i used to like, too

Of course Brian Moore and big Ron on CL ITV1 back in the 90s, and Peter Brackley "golazoooooo"

Guy Incognito

"The greatest story in club history has an ending"

Utter nonsense spewed last night by 'Fletch'. Just bring back Clive and Andy.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Feel like he was after his very own ‘name on the trophy’ moment. He knows this will be replayed for years to come, he just over did it.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
They were also waxing lyrical about Ederson’s late save as if it was some kind of miracle.

The ball was struck almost straight at him and he flailed and thrashed it away, wasn’t a good stop at all.

Von Mistelroum

Listening to McThemathem giggling when City scored was vomit-inducing. Can't be great for Scouse fans either.

Oranges038

Never understood the two commentator thing, it's fecking awful.

This duo are up there with some of the worst double acts ever, Jedward, Stavros Flately, Fred&Rose, Harry & Victor....

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Inappropriate Content
Watched it muted after 20 minutes. McManaman has this annoying trait of critiquing a player for going down under contact, says theres nothing in that when there could have been, and then you watch him try to back track on his words when the replay shows indeed there. Just don't say anything in the first place you Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Lescott was a joke aswell. I know they've got him signed up as ambassador there but waste of time having him adding about 5 seconds insight and the rest cheerleading.

Did he even play for them that long, they signed him in 2009 and pretty sure he was already being marginalised from playing by 2013.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
The Ederson save commentary has got to be one of the most stupid lines I've ever heard.
I distinctly remember a game with (I think) Niall Quinn on commentary, and Hart "made a save" that had Quinn fawning over it and even going as far to describe it as one of the greatest saves he'd ever seen, only for the replay to show Hart flailing both arms and one leg out, and the shot to have hit his standing foot, the one limb he didn't move. Man didn't even have to dive.

cyberman

Where in the feck did they begin to think it was ok to act like this? Con channels have less nonsense than what we heard last night

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Lescott was a joke aswell. I know they've got him signed up as ambassador there but waste of time having him adding about 5 seconds insight and the rest cheerleading.

Did he even play for them that long, they signed him in 2009 and pretty sure he was already being marginalised from playing by 2013.
All their legends are still playing, or not even players at all. That’s why they have to wheel Noel Gallagher out.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
All their legends are still playing, or not even players at all. That’s why they have to wheel Noel Gallagher out.
Is Zabaleta a coach somewhere? He's always good value on BBC during the World cups and was at Man. City right when takeover started up to 2017 so that seems an obvious go to pundit if he's available.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Fletcher’s sign off at the final whistle was laughable. ‘The greatest club story’

Real fairy tale stuff.

GlasgowCeltic

it’s weird because Onuaha is right there and he’s actually quite articulate,

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
Mcmanaman , Ally McCoist and Robbie Savage, The three most horrendous commentators in world football.

The Irish Connection

Awful. State propaganda stuff. Would love to have teleported Keane in there. Although city’s lawyers would have him silenced too.

Chairman Steve

What does "The greatest story in club history has an ending" even mean?

Does it mean they’re folding as a club now if it’s ending?
Are all their players retiring?
Is it the greatest story in their history?
Is it the greatest story in all football club history? (pretty fecking preposterous if he meant that)

Lee565

Give me commentators like Patrick Evra, crouch, keane, Ian Wright etc.., with some personality and humour, so bored of these bland, no personality commentors that always get employed who just clearly follow a script, I don't care about their opinions of the match, they ain't experts of the game.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

When you think about it, it's a bit mad how they've had to scrape the barrel like that. Imagine if they had Ian Brown or Shaun Ryder doing punditry for United games.

Bob Contact

Driving to Festivus with all the windows down
Hearing him being referred to as 'Fletch' makes my skin crawl as much as 'Trent' when Jenas is commentating on Liverpool.

Never understood the two commentator thing, it's fecking awful.

This duo are up there with some of the worst double acts ever, Jedward, Stavros Flately, Fred&Rose, Harry & Victor....
On a side note, played at the same corporate event with these years ago. In the green room bit before they went on the son was really upset and the dad was saying something along the lines of 'it will be the last time I promise'. It was not the last time :lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
What does "The greatest story in club history has an ending" even mean?

Does it mean they’re folding as a club now if it’s ending?
Are all their players retiring?
Is it the greatest story in their history?
Is it the greatest story in all football club history? (pretty fecking preposterous if he meant that)
Its dumb. Whats even dumber is that this guy has the same name as our own Darren Fletcher. He seemed to forget what Leicester achieved just several years ago, we dont even have to go back to 1999 to know a better story than an Oil club cheating all the way to CL final and only won because Lukaku refused to score.