Mcmanaman and ‘’Fletch’’

Oranges038

Hearing him being referred to as 'Fletch' makes my skin crawl as much as 'Trent' when Jenas is commentating on Liverpool.

On a side note, played at the same corporate event with these years ago. In the green room bit before they went on the son was really upset and the dad was saying something along the lines of 'it will be the last time I promise'. It was not the last time :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Jeffthered

McManaman I can handle, he, when given a decent platform, is an interesting guy who knows his football...but Darren Fletcher is just a self-indulged tw*t who simply cannot shut the f*** up.

nikineil

I meant going back when City were a good side and successful. Not just someone who played for them. It says something their heroes are people when they fell down the leagues.
Oh agreed. The fact that Goater and Kompany and Aguero are wheeled around as club legends is just pathetic.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Oh agreed. The fact that Goater and Kompany and Aguero are wheeled around as club legends is just pathetic.
To be honest, your heroes are a generational things. To younger fans Kompany and Aguero will be the heroes. They won't remember the likes of Neil Young, Francis Lee or Colin Bell.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Kompany and Aguero are club legends though.

How high is the bar for legend status if being key players over an extended period of success doesn't cut it?

Pughnichi

‘Fletch’ is only young as well so he’ll likely be about forna few years yet.

here’s hoping he goes full Ron Atkinson soon

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
McManaman I can handle, he, when given a decent platform, is an interesting guy who knows his football...but Darren Fletcher is just a self-indulged tw*t who simply cannot shut the f*** up.
McManaman is one of these bizarre guys who is staunchly pro English club in his commentary, even when it's City, who he played for to very little effect, versus Madrid, who he let down his own home club to go to for free and was excellent and very successful at.

I don't get that.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
To be honest, your heroes are a generational things. To younger fans Kompany and Aguero will be the heroes. They won't remember the likes of Neil Young, Francis Lee or Colin Bell.
Neil Young was pretty good playing alongside Lee, Bell and Summerbee but he was even better with Crosby, Stills and Nash IMO

RedRocket9908

I hate listening to Steve McManaman commentating on City matches, he is so pro City its unreal.

I watched the City v Real matches and you would never have guessed his biggest achievements came while playing for Real Madrid given the way he favoured City all the way through.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Goater is a cult legend not really the same thing, to argue the other 2 aren't City legends is quite frankly pathetic

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
True, it apples across all teams though

whitbyviking

They were also waxing lyrical about Ederson’s late save as if it was some kind of miracle.

The ball was struck almost straight at him and he flailed and thrashed it away, wasn’t a good stop at all.
Didn’t he miss the attempted save with his hand and it came off his leg, luckily for him?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
McManaman is one of these bizarre guys who is staunchly pro English club in his commentary, even when it's City, who he played for to very little effect, versus Madrid, who he let down his own home club to go to for free and was excellent and very successful at.

I don't get that.
He’s English, commenting for the English audience on an English network. It’s much easier going Pro English than actually giving proper analysis.

croadyman

They were also waxing lyrical about Ederson’s late save as if it was some kind of miracle.

The ball was struck almost straight at him and he flailed and thrashed it away, wasn’t a good stop at all.
Yeah that was utterly ridiculous

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
it’s weird because Onuaha is right there and he’s actually quite articulate,
I made a thread about him, I don't understand why he doesn't get more airtime in general. He's super articulate, his analysis is great, and while he has a slight bias towards City (of course), it's totally bearable. I guess he's not divisive enough, but he's exactly the kind of person I want to listen talking about football.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Goater is a cult legend not really the same thing, to argue the other 2 aren't City legends is quite frankly pathetic
The "other 2" would never have considered playing for City without the lottery win. Which is the whole point of this thread, don't people understand?

Without the lottery win, there'd be no story, they'd have settled in the Championship and maybe yoyo in the PL from time to time.