Mctominay for Mainoo at HT

Bobski

Yates actually never made an overlapping run. Elanga was 1v 1 against Dalot. As he said McT left a hole cuz he doesn't have the instincts of a DM, that's why it's on ETH for playing him there

But you are right about lack of communication. Noone in the box but Varane goes to protect the 6yrd box leaving MGW who he was initially tracking on the counter.
Yates never commits to the overlapping run, quite possibly in large part because McT comes across to double up, but it was a live possibility until late in the move. The argument seems to be that at some point McT should realize it is not coming and move to the middle of the pitch to protect the space Gibbs White scored from. Possibly, I don't think he would have got there in time and AWB, Varane and Evans should have reacted to the danger instead of doing nothing.

The first goal I can see the criticism, team is back in it shape, he gets drawn to Danilo when he should have been more conservative, defensive line still do very poorly for that goal. In the second in transition, they aren't subbuteo players, you will see a DM make the same decision every week and no-one will comment.

siw2007

I don’t actually mind the desire to sub Mainoo off. He is 18 years old, he did look a little tired and we have to protect him (by subbing him off, we could have prevented a fatigued related injury). It’s just a little frustrating that the senior player can’t come in and improve the team. It’s a credit to how well Mainoo has done coming into this team, but also a damning indictment on McTominay.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
And? Defending is done as a team, you have to cover for each other.
Without the required skill sets you never will. Football is a game of habit. We did not have anyone on pitch capable of plugging the hole eitther by staying stationary infront of the defence or stepping from center defence into midfield. No amount of communication changes that. Scott will always be drawn to the ball and neither cb will step up into vacated hole. Which is precisely why I blame ETH entirely. He tactical created a hole in his defence and made no tactical effort to plug it even when he had the chancd

Zumbi

And? Defending is done as a team, you have to cover for each other.
And this is a common theme with McTominay when played in that position. It was him that should have been covering that part of the pitch for his team, not the other way around. To suggest that the other players should have vacated their positions to cover for Scott vacating his is a bizarre attempt at spinning this.

Mingus

Bet he’s played 90 minutes of football before and survived haha
You realise Mainoo's an actual human being and not a digital representation on FIFA?

I bet his family are pleased that the cafs version of 30p Lee doesn't get to make any career decisions for him.:)

NLunited

Without the required skill sets you never will. Football is a game of habit. We did not have anyone on pitch capable of plugging the hole eitther by staying stationary infront of the defence or stepping from center defence into midfield. No amount of communication changes that. Scott will always be drawn to the ball and neither cb will step up into vacated hole. Which is precisely why I blame ETH entirely. He tactical created a hole in his defence and made no tactical effort to plug it even when he had the chancd
You are just making up shiit :lol:.

Yanited__

Didn't ETH say that Mainoo had to be taken off due to him not being able to play 3 games in such close proximity?
Oh I hadn't seen that/forget. My bad. If that was his reasoning, and he truly believes he can't play 3 games so quickly due to injury concerns, then fair.

SirScholes

You realise Mainoo's an actual human being and not a digital representation on FIFA?

I bet his family are pleased that the cafs version of 30p Lee doesn't get to make any career decisions for him.:)
Not sure what 30p Lee means

I understand
Do you understand that athletes can perform for longer than 45 minutes ?
At the top level atleast

clarkydaz

Oh I hadn't seen that/forget. My bad. If that was his reasoning, and he truly believes he can't play 3 games so quickly due to injury concerns, then fair.
Think he suggested he was tired, going off saying he wanted more energy and McT gave him that

NLunited

Think he suggested he was tired, going off saying he wanted more energy and McT gave him that
He did, he said Mainoo played three games in a row and needed rest.

The whole McT blaming is bs; I watched the goals back and he is where he is supposed to be. Amad is to blame for one of them clearly.

During one goal he is in his ‘zone’ and during the other he helps out Dalot who is 1v1 against Elanga. Bruno and Eriksen are nowhere.

Some people have an agenda against him. He is not great on the ball, but does not deserve the treatment he hets