McTominay - what’s his potential?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s an estimate of how good he can be.

PoTMS

He's proven me and a lot of other posters wrong. Surely he's up there as one of the best current central midfielders in the league. I mean the competition currently isn't great with the dearth of world class midfielders at the moment but he's more than held his own in the league while others have wilted.

el3mel

I liked him when he appeared first and thought he will be a very good squad player, particularly in DMF, but he really exceeded my expectations. He's our best midfielder by a country mile and will be hard to displace him out of lineup if he keeps on developing like that. We'll probably sell Pogba and replace him while keeping Scott as a main starter.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
He's 22. How good can he be? Most exciting player to come from the academy in a long time imv.
Hang on... what about Rashford?

Or hang on, Williams is looking class at the moment!

But wait... Tunazebe will be in the first team soon....

feck me, ole is spoiling us!

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
He’s surpassing what I thought he could be. Very exciting prospect, and putting in great performances. He has really improved on the ball.

settembrini

I don't know. I keep having to revise it up.

When he first came into the team under Mourinho I didn't think he would make it at United. Now I see him as someone who could be a mainstay in the team for the next decade. He has developed incredibly under Solskjaer.

Whenever I see people post either 'Solskjaer hasn't improved any of our players' or 'all our midfielders apart from Pogba are bad' I wonder if they have even seen us play this year. McTominay has been class since pre-season.

RUCK4444

What a performance today. He was everywhere. He’s like Fletcher on steroids.

This kid during a very rough spell for United has been outstanding, showing some real character that this team has been sorely lacking for a long time.

He is growing into a very well rounded midfielder. Has to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

He absolutely takes the game by the scruff of the neck at time’s and I have missed us having players with the guts and talent to do that.

He could become an important player for United. I really hope he continues to progress and show the character he has to this point.

crossy1686

career ending
I can’t take this place seriously after the abuse he got post Mourinho. It was disgusting. The lads done nothing but improve game on game as well. Really happy for him.

koop

Future best midfielder for the club up there with Scholes etc
Captain.

Sterling Archer

I don't know. I keep having to revise it up.

When he first came into the team under Mourinho I didn't think he would make it at United. Now I see him as someone who could be a mainstay in the team for the next decade. He has developed incredibly under Solskjaer.

Whenever I see people post either 'Solskjaer hasn't improved any of our players' or 'all our midfielders apart from Pogba are bad' I wonder if they have even seen us play this year. McTominay has been class since pre-season.
He was excellent under Jose as well. Considering he was just breaking into the team, outstanding mature performances back then in wins against Liverpool and Chelsea. His lanky frame being able to maneuver as agily was apparent then too. Nice to see he's built on performance after performance.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
If he carries on his form for the next year or 2 I'd put him at Fletcher's peak level. If he carries it on longer or even improves upon it, then he will be a true world class player.

baskinginthesun

He's certainly becoming an important player for United. Excellent in midfield. Does a lot of the hard work and annoys the other teams. But, he is also developing into an excellent ball carrier as well.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Wasn’t there a clip of fergie pointing to McT with Mou as if to say “he’s got something”?

if so, the maestro was right, as always.

Green_Red

Who knows. Potential is a bit like hindsight. If he gets focused and applies himself then he could have a great career here.

Green_Red

If he carries on his form for the next year or 2 I'd put him at Fletcher's peak level. If he carries it on longer or even improves upon it, then he will be a true world class player.
Thats not bad though in fairness. Fletch is one of our most under rated players ever.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Think people are getting a bit carried away. He's playing very well at the moment but against Liverpool and Chelsea we didn't really have a hold of the game in midfield.

When you think that a year ago he looked like a deer caught in the headlights and was being subbed off at half time, his progress has been pretty impressive.

The best thing about him for me is he actually looks like a leader now. We've been getting battered with criticism and he's been the one standing up in games and trying to force the issue.

OohAahMartial

His rate of development is very promising, indicates that he trains hard, has a fantastic mentality, and, if he can hopefully stay injury free, will continue to develop rapidly into a top, top player.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He's played really well recently and in big games he seems very suited. Struggles more against lesser opponents. Someone above said he's been class since pre season but that's not true, he was very disappointing the first few games and the promise he showed pre season seemed to evaporate...however he was great tonight and always seems to do well against Liverpool which is always going to get my vote

SteveW

He looks outstanding right now. First to every ball, natural leader, composed, a goal threat.

It's difficult to get through to some on here of course so I'm sure he's getting plenty of criticism.

Crashoutcassius

He's played really well recently and in big games he seems very suited. Struggles more against lesser opponents. Someone above said he's been class since pre season but that's not true, he was very disappointing the first few games and the promise he showed pre season seemed to evaporate...however he was great tonight and always seems to do well against Liverpool which is always going to get my vote
like most of our players he seems to struggle when given the ball on the half way line with 11 men in front of him

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He can be like a peak Fletcher, and I mean that as a big compliment.

Bwuk

If he can improve on his passing and creativity he’ll be one of the best midfielders in the league.

If Garner can become what everyone hopes he can, they’d be some midfield.