Media disrespect of Donny Van De Beek...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
‘They haven’t strengthened that team’ etc. I appreciate that we haven’t signed 5 players or whatever, but I feel his addition is largely disregarded and it can’t fill him with confidence the way out window is assessed.

Siorac

I find it intriguing that you felt the need to create a thread about this at the time you did.

lilcurt

‘They haven’t strengthened that team’ etc. I appreciate that we haven’t signed 5 players or whatever, but I feel his addition is largely disregarded and it can’t fill him with confidence the way out window is assessed.
I don't think the media are being disrespectful. It's all on the club, comments are coming because we are playing poor. And starting an unfit Pogba week in week out and leaving this guy on the bench. They are only saying what they see.

His potion was literally one of the last that should have been our priority.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don't think the media are being disrespectful. It's all on the club, comments are coming because we are playing poor. And starting an unfit Pogba week in week out and leaving this guy on the bench. They are only saying what they see.

I’m not really talking about how we are playing. I just mean the clamouring to strengthen seems to be discounting the player we HAVE signed as part of the strengthening of the group.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I don’t think they’re disrespectful of DvdB. They’re aware he’s a good player but they’re also aware that Pogba and Bruno are starting and thus he’s not adding to the team in the present.

I’ve yet to hear an opinion that DvdB isn’t a good addition. It’s just that he isn’t anywhere near enough as far as recruitment goes.

Castia

It’s because he’s not making the team so spending 39m on a ‘sub’ whilst we’re struggling doesn’t look like good money spent.

lilcurt

I’m not really talking about how we are playing. I just mean the clamouring to strengthen seems to be discounting the player we HAVE signed as part of the strengthening of the group.
As I said, probably because it was the position we are best stocked, so although he is a good player, he is competing with probably our best two players (Fernandes and Pogba).

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I don’t think they’re disrespectful of DvdB. They’re aware he’s a good player but they’re also aware that Pogba and Bruno are starting and thus he’s not adding to the team in the present.

I’ve yet to hear an opinion that DvdB isn’t a good addition. It’s just that he isn’t anywhere near enough as far as recruitment goes.
Have you seen Pogba play recently?

It's not hard to be an improvement over him at the moment, he's fecking gash.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I don’t see it as disrespectful to him individually, every one knew that the squad needed strengthening (to a greater extent than one player being added) to be able to kick on and compete at a higher level than last season.

Johnson Yip

I also thought VDB signing should be our last priority - but would you imagine we're looking for life after Pogba?

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Well from what we have seen of this season, he hasn't strengthened us. He has added depth, but he hasn't made the first team any stronger, as both Pogba and Bruno are starting over him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
How all these so called experts can't look beyond the starting XI when it comes to signings is beyond me

Siorac

Don’t worry your little head.
No need to be a dick about it, I merely referred to the fact that you opened this while Spurs were making us their bitch all over the park. Found it odd that you managed to find the energy to worry about something like this.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
We've signed a player for a position where we needed squad depth, while there were gaping holes in our starting XI. Considering our position, we have hardly strengthened and this has nothing to do with disrespect of van de Beck. He'll come good.

lilcurt

I also thought VDB signing should be our last priority - but would you imagine we're looking for life after Pogba?
That has crossed my mind and surprised it hasn't been mentioned more. Are doing doing similar to Ronaldo whereby we ask Pogba for one more year but sign his replacement now.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We've signed a player for a position where we needed squad depth, while there were gaping holes in our starting XI. Considering our position, we have hardly strengthened and this has nothing to do with disrespect of van de Beck. He'll come good.
Well one of our strongest positions in the first XI is RW, yet everyone’s frustration seems to be surrounding Jadon Sancho. The man who replaces Mason Greenwood in our XI can’t possibly be what the team needs most either.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Evra moaning about signing him before the game was embarrassing. Guy truly is a fecking moron.
How is he a moron? It was moronic for us to sign a backup player for a position we’re already stacked in
before addressing the asteroid size holes in our defence & on the wing.

cian68

How can you say he's strengthened the team when he doesn't play?

NinjaFletch

We spent £35m on a back up to Fernandes whilst starting with clowns like Lindelof and Bailly and increasingly Maguire with a 54 year old Matic in front of them.

I think it's fair enough to question whether it was a priority.

Rake

Don't understand why the outrage? VDB is yet to prove himself as a top player. We`ve hardly signed a world class player, who is getting ignored.

Let's be real here - we signed a squad option.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Exactly wtf:lol:
For those who are seemingly confused as to the minute of the day I created the thread - I created it after Neville made an explicit comment that ‘we finished third and did not strengthen the group’. Of course, comments like that have been made a lot, and I get the sentiment, I’m just saying that I can’t imagine they make Van De Beek feel particularly good.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Have you seen Pogba play recently?

It's not hard to be an improvement over him at the moment, he's fecking gash.
Be that as it may, Pogba is still a main stay in the team, rightly or wrongly.

harms

Staff
Well one of our strongest positions in the first XI is RW, yet everyone’s frustration seems to be surrounding Jadon Sancho. The man who replaces Mason Greenwood in our XI can’t possibly be what the team needs most either.
We have better cover and more experienced players in our midfield. Either way, I'm not saying that van de Beck isn't a good signing – I'm a big fan. The issue is that we've overlooked more glaring weak spots (defensive midfielder, center back, at least one attacking fullback and a world-class right winger) – and this is what everyone is talking about. This has nothing to do with people underestimating or, let alone, disrespecting Donny.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Evra moaning about signing him before the game was embarrassing. Guy truly is a fecking moron.
This. Evra should have not been such an obvious cnut. He is so pro Pogba that he completely shat on VDB to defend him.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
How is he a moron? It was moronic for us to sign a backup player for a position we’re already stacked in
before addressing the asteroid size holes in our defence & on the wing.
How is he moronic? Well we can start with the COVID conspiracies, his homophobic slurs, his consumption of raw chicken, his comments of Zaha, his rant about VDBs agent who isn’t actually his agent, moaning about signing a midfielder when our midfield is constantly outplayed and his constant dick sucking of Pogba despite him being complete crap time after time. And there’s more. So how is he not a moron?

Classical Mechanic

How is he moronic? Well we can start with the COVID conspiracies, his homophobic slurs, his consumption of raw chicken, his comments of Zaha, his rant about VDBs agent who isn’t actually his agent, moaning about signing a midfielder when our midfield is constantly outplayed and his constant dick sucking of Pogba despite him being complete crap time after time. And there’s more. So how is he not a moron?
He’s very unprofessional. Ludicrous that he thinks he can have an important job at United. Needs to grow up.

UmbroDays

Don't understand why the outrage? VDB is yet to prove himself as a top player. We`ve hardly signed a world class player, who is getting ignored.

Let's be real here - we signed a squad option.
Yep. It made no sense to sign VdB at £40m for midfield when we’re packed with options in the middle. The wingers should have been first priority and we could have even got2 players for £40m.

I’m a huge VdB fan, and this is not against him, it was just not a necessity signing. He deserves better than the bench.

harms

Staff
Okay, I've seen Evra's comments and they're uncalled for. Fair enough.

Hammondo

He a sub, so I agree we have not really strengthened. We needed players in other positions, like CB, DM, and CM.