Media Rumours vs. United realistic interest in players

Bestietom

Think someone said about 250 players we are supposed to be interested in. When they sign on the dotted line I will believe it.

M Utd

The thing I've learned from all the rumours and media circus is just not to trust anything.

Most of it is made up. One day we are the dream destination for a certain player, the next day they don't want to come to us and their dream destination is somewhere else. One day we are agreeing terms with a player, the next day they sign for someone else. Etc etc.

So I never believe anything I read anymore, even though it's still addictive to read rumours. I wish there was a source which is true most of the time..I mean there probably is. Anyone?
Your right to say most is made up.
Many don't quote a source or even a direct quote.

There are many that claim to be in the know but the reality is many have no idea. It makes little sense for any organisation to be transparent in its dealings.
For example if Utd want a right winger it's unlikely to advertise player x is our first choice and we are willing to pay this much. If we can't get them then we will go after player y and the z. How does player z suddenly feel if this is revealed?
I'm pretty certain clubs release details as do agents for the own benefits. We see this regularly when a player is approached via there agent, the bid is rejected its leaked ti the press by the agent or buying club shortly after the player stops training and demands a move.

Honestly though it's fun to read and hypothesis possible line ups etc. Let's be honest this whole forum is full of passionate fans who really don't know what the club is doing behind the scenes so it's best not to take it too seriously but instead enjoy the ride!

M Utd

It isn't all just journos making things up. I think most of the rumors of specific players come from agents and clubs using the media to play games and further their own narrative. An agent wants to raise the profile of their client, get a new contract, etc. A selling club has a team interested, but wants a bigger fee, so they float other clubs' interest. A buying club wants the world to think that they beat out a bigger club for a player, etc.

And sometimes those sources are giving information that they believe is correct, but they are in the dark on something (Morata's red hair, anyone?). So even someone as ITK as the actual player can be wrong.

Higher tier journos are probably getting info that has more to it than lower tier journos, but their sources could also be blowing smoke or just plain wrong.
This is so true. Who was the player convinced by his agent that he was paired outside his "next" club on deadline day? If I remember correctly the move didn't happen and he had to return to his club. As you can't imagine they weren't too happy and I think he spent the rest of the season on the bench.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Still linked with Coutinho and Boateng, absolute rubbish in my eyes. De Ligt, AWB, Madison, Fernandes, Felix, James would all fit in with the 'hungry young players' which appears to be Ole's and the club's 'philosophy'.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
I’d say all of them. The real question is what terms like “interested” or “looking at” means.

I’m sure we have an eye on all good players and for some of them we might actually make an effort to find out if they would be even remotely interested in leaving their current club.
Probably means Woodward is looking at you tube vids.