Melvine Malard on loan from Lyon | scores our first WCL goal

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Melvine Malard joins Manchester United on transfer deadline day. The 23-year old moves on loan until the end of the season from Olympique Lyonnais where she has spent the last nine years, racking up 33 goals in 94 appearances for them.

The striker played her earlier years for her hometown club Saint-Denis.

Malard has represented France in all youth levels, scoring 32 goals in 48 youth caps. She made her full international debut in 2020 and has 6 goals in 21 caps for France. She played in the Euros in 2022 but missed out on the WWC this summer, despite scoring three goals in six appearances in their qualifying campaign.

She's won the French league title with Lyon four times. The strong forward also has four UEFA Champions League winning medals and has scored eight goals on top of assisting eight times in 16 UWCL appearances thus far. She finished last season with four goals and four assists in eight matches in the competition.

Add the three Coupe de France trophies as well as U19s Euros title in the mix and I guess we could safely say that we’ve signed another player who knows a thing or two about winning.

171cm tall Malard adds some much needed depth to our striker department and I think she is capable of competing with Geyse for playing time.

Bienvenue!

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Hopefully works out better than our last loan of a forward from Lyon, but she's a great contrasting option to Geyse.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
MM:
“I am truly very happy to be here, and to join this club and this city. I cannot wait to meet the fans and get started.”

Skinner:
“Melvine’s honours speak for themselves, and we are delighted to welcome a proven winner at domestic and European level to our Manchester United family.

“Melvine will no doubt excite our fans and bring a fluid attacking quality to our team.”

Bancroft:
“Melvine brings to us undeniable Champions League winning experience, which will be valuable for our maiden European season. We are thrilled to secure her signature.”

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
One of those Skinner non replies that really gets on my nerves.

This time he's managed to include the amazing discovery that Malard night be suited to playing at #9. As if anyone who saw her come on as a sub against PSG way back at the start of the season didn't notice that after about two minutes. Incidentally, Lyon used her at #9 as well as on the wing so it won't be a surprise to them either.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I've realised that he's the personification of a work email.