MEN: Inside the worst Man Utd season in decades

yamo123x

I still struggle with the idea of Rashford being a massive twat, but most likely just easily led by other knobheads? He seems like quite a meek, dull and placid guy. Using his charity work as a reason as to him being a good bloke is daft when its his people behind 99% of that. But it does seem quite likely he's one of the culprits. I just hope he sorts himself out in every department.
To be fair mate, fame has got to his head and has become incredibly self important. The young Marcus who broke into the team was quiet, inoffensive and gave his all, now he trots about the pitch like he is untouchable.

Whether he is a major culprit , I can't say but I bet he is part of the problem reflected by his sulking lazy performances.

Judas

Open to offers
To be fair mate, fame has got to his head and has become incredibly self important. The young Marcus who broke into the team was quiet, inoffensive and gave his all, now he trots about the pitch like he is untouchable.

Whether he is a major culprit , I can't say but I bet he is part of the problem reflected by his sulking lazy performances.
Aye probably right. I've not seen many players visibly try less on a pitch wearing a Utd shirt, think even maybe Lingard put in more effort this season when called upon.

devips

I see all this talk of 'binning' all our players, and I laugh.

It would be far more easier if the posters themselves started supporting other clubs where these 'toxic' players don't play.

crossy1686

career ending
I see all this talk of 'binning' all our players, and I laugh.

It would be far more easier if the posters themselves started supporting other clubs where these 'toxic' players don't play.
Weird that you say that considering Jesse, Shaw, De Gea, Mata and Rangnick have all said or hinted at a toxic dressing room, and even told said players to leave.

devips

Weird that you say that considering Jesse, Shaw, De Gea, Mata and Rangnick have all said or hinted at a toxic dressing room, and even told said players to leave.
No one said all the players are toxic. Binning all the players is a laugh.

And the toxic dressing room ? Ralf had a lot to do with it.

copen1945

A frightening read. Hopefully, Erik would change the culture as well as the standard of football.

GreatDane

No one said all the players are toxic. Binning all the players is a laugh.

And the toxic dressing room ? Ralf had a lot to do with it.
The players threw their pal Ole under the bus, it was already a toxic dressing room before Ralf got there.
He didn't fix it, no, but the players are no angels.

In Rainbows

This is why Rangnick didn't play more youth players. The environment wasn't great and he didn't want to ruin them.
I don't buy that. There is more time spent with that toxic bunch in the training ground, than on match days. So if he didn't want to ruin them by keeping them away from it, he wouldn't bring them to the trainings.

devips

The players threw their pal Ole under the bus, it was already a toxic dressing room before Ralf got there.
He didn't fix it, no, but the players are no angels.
Nobody threw Ole under the bus. The team played badly. As they did in separate sequences in the 3 previous Ole seasons.

There was no toxicity involved.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He led a campaign to make sure poverty stricken kids didn’t go hungry. That was generally considered a ‘good’ thing to do. This shouldn’t be controversial. A rare moment of pride for lots of United fans if not for you.
Why is it pride for United fans? That's ridiculous.
It's a good thing he did. No debate there but IMO not something that a fan of a football team should be proud of. His mother should be proud.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
It's...Marcus Rashford.

Will be glad to be rid of him. I don't say this lightly because I was hoping he'd break Rooney's goalscoring record because it'd be cool to have an Academy player having it. Him and Greenwood are the two biggest disappointments of the post Fergie era.

MUFC OK

Lingard and Rashford are the players who fit the descriptions most of the descriptions in the article.

GreatDane

Nobody threw Ole under the bus. The team played badly. As they did in separate sequences in the 3 previous Ole seasons.

We see the team and the season very different.
I'm not over the moon with Ralf, but I don't think he stood a chance as interim.

Foxbatt

Not very swimmingly, yes. But not very badly either.

Whatever happened this season is mostly on Ralf.
Yes I agree with you. We were on top of the PL, unbeaten when he took over and then we crashed and burnt into the EL.
If he had not taken over we were a sure bet for the Quadruple.

devips

We see the team and the season very different.
I'm not over the moon with Ralf, but I don't think he stood a chance as interim.
You may see the team differently. But don't ever think your opinion is the gospel truth.

devips

Yes I agree with you. We were on top of the PL, unbeaten when he took over and then we crashed and burnt into the EL.
If he had not taken over we were a sure bet for the Quadruple.
We would have been among top 4 , if he had not messed with the players' morale.

TheGame

Another paper which seems to have the 'inside story'. Seems so many have them these days. Just waiting to hear the squad were not happy that Ralf wasn't doing ticktock videos with Lingard.

MiracleInMadrid

I'd send Keane in at this point. Tell him we'll sell anyone he thinks doesn't have the character.
Why not both of them! I bet the two of them could finally reconsile over the state of our club. What I wouldn't do to watch the two of them walk out to the training ground, without the players knowing what's about to hit them.

Bojan Djordjic

Why is it pride for United fans? That's ridiculous.
It's a good thing he did. No debate there but IMO not something that a fan of a football team should be proud of. His mother should be proud.
Because he represents United and what he did was really positive. Don’t expect everyone to feel the same way. Like how I’m ashamed of Mason Greenwood and the signing of Ronaldo but others think Greenwood should be brought back and that Ronaldo signing was the best thing to happen is last year.

stevoc

Like, other teams did not have empty stadiums to contend with?
The empty stadiums theory is absolute nonsense. Every team was playing in empty stadiums.

Luckhurst is right that our 2nd last season was a false position but it had more to do with the circumstances at other clubs that season rather than games being played behind closed doors.
Indeed the problems Liverpool and Chelsea went through contributed greatly to United coming second.

b82REZ

Because he represents United and what he did was really positive. Don’t expect everyone to feel the same way. Like how I’m ashamed of Mason Greenwood and the signing of Ronaldo but others think Greenwood should be brought back and that Ronaldo signing was the best thing to happen is last year.
Why would you be ashamed of us signing Ronaldo?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Another paper which seems to have the 'inside story'. Seems so many have them these days. Just waiting to hear the squad were not happy that Ralf wasn't doing ticktock videos with Lingard.
It's Luckhurst who is pretty damn reliable when it comes to MUFC.

johndurham49

Not totally sure as to why Ronaldo was shameful, when if it wasnt for him and De Gea we would have been in the same place as Everton

b82REZ

Because like Greenwood, he’s got some appalling allegations against him which he essentially admitted to.
No he hasn't, and the key word is allegations. He's never been charged or arrested for anything.

The Greenwood situation is different because there is corroborating evidence to suggest his guilt.

Bojan Djordjic

No he hasn't, and the key word is allegations. He's never been charged or arrested for anything.

The Greenwood situation is different because there is corroborating evidence to suggest his guilt.
I’m not getting into a discussion with the he said/she said brigade. You’re contradicting yourself here saying “he hasn’t” got appalling allegations against him but then saying they are just allegations.

Kinda hard to charge or arrest him if he won’t set foot in the country it happened. He wrote a statement on the events where he himself wrote that she kept saying no during sex so wind your neck in and realise there’s things more important in life than demonstrating your love for your favourite player.

b82REZ

I’m not getting into a discussion with the he said/she said brigade. You’re contradicting yourself here saying “he hasn’t” got appalling allegations against him but then saying they are just allegations.

Kinda hard to charge or arrest him if he won’t set foot in the country it happened. He wrote a statement on the events where he himself wrote that she kept saying no during sex so wind your neck in and realise there’s things more important in life than demonstrating your love for your favourite player.
The ironing is delicious.

roseguy64

I don't buy that. There is more time spent with that toxic bunch in the training ground, than on match days. So if he didn't want to ruin them by keeping them away from it, he wouldn't bring them to the trainings.
And you're sure that they were training with them all the time?

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
He's probably a bit of both. Humble among greats but probably not the most forgiving among lesser talented players if he doesn't respect them and like them as an individual.

I stumbled upon an article from 2007 when Zlatan was still entering his prime. Inter were about to play Fenerbache with Roberto Carlos as a player and Zico as coach.

The brazilian left back lavished praise upon Zlatan calling him a phenomenon, an intelligent star on Ronaldinhos level. Zico said Ibrahimovic was one of the worlds best strikers.

Zlatans response is telling. He didn't yet believe he was god and deeply respected senior stars, especially brazilians as they were his idols growing up.

"Nice words. I get goose bumps. When people of that stature praise you I begin to realize what level I've reached."

When asked how he'd get by Carlos he responded very humbly again

"I will have to try again and again, perhaps I'll be lucky to get through at last"

TheRedDevil2019

There clearly was. The journalist states (Rashford) told OGS "you're finished" because OGS advised Rashford to focus on his football and not the off field antics.

Nearly 7 months later it seems OGS was bang on point.