MERGED: Rooney signs new contract!

stubie

I wonder if this thread will better the amount of posts than the Ronaldo & Berbatov threads from 2008.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Right now, if I was the club who Rooney/Rooney's agent had agreed terms with I'd be feeling slightly uncomfortable.

I'd have to ask myself if he was worth it, worth the eyes of the world looking at me and my club with such disrespect. I wouldn't like to be the manager of that club either.

We'll see eventually who they are.

Brophs

The One and Only
If Rooney made a u-turn and signed a new deal, how would you feel about him? I would be happy but my thoughts and feelings on him would be tainted. I don't know if I could support the player as much as before.
I support whoever's wearing the shirt but that's as far as it goes. I doubt I'd feel any warmth for him at all.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Got to say, the support for United and Sir Alex from those actually in football has been refreshing to hear, Rooney has in all senses pissed on his own chips here.

Genuinely believe the boy's a fool.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Manchester United legend Roy Keane is confident the club will continue to prosper despite the expected loss of wantaway star Wayne Rooney.

Ipswich boss Keane spent 12 and a half years at Old Trafford, eight of them as captain, and won all the major honours before his departure in 2005.

He said: 'Don’t worry or lose any sleep over Manchester United. They will be fine. They will be as strong as ever.

'Let’s not forget what a great, great club United is. They are an absolutely brilliant football club, probably one of the best in the world, without a shadow of doubt.

'I would say to any player who has a chance of signing for Manchester United 'You sign for them, absolutely'.
End of era: Rooney told United officials at the start of the season that he wanted to leave

End of era: Rooney told United officials at the start of the season that he wanted to leave

'With the supporters they have and the manager, they will be fine. They are a brilliant, brilliant club and never forget that.'

Keane had earlier advised Rooney 'Look after number one' when it became apparent the current England star was looking to move elsewhere.

He added today: 'Players have opinions and if they want to leave, good luck to them, but Manchester United will do more than just survive.

'Will they still be able to attract the top players? Absolutely, and if a player ever asked me – and one or two have – about signing for United I would tell them 'Do it, you won’t regret it'.

'I loved every minute of every day playing for that club when I was there. I had chances to leave – many opportunities when my contract was running out and particularly when I was coming back from my cruciate ligament injury. It’s an amazing football club, but I can’t speak for Wayne.

'Players do now have a bit more say about what’s going on, of course they do, but when you are under contract it will be up to United when they sell him and what sort of value they put on him.

'But don’t lose any sleep over United – they will be as strong as ever.'

Read more: Manchester United will cope without Wayne Rooney, says Roy Keane | Mail Online
Keano's feckin magic.

TheMancRedDevil

I think the lesson to be learned here is not to let contract negotiations drag on into a new season - even when you are dealing with a player who has told you he wants to stay for life.

With Rooney out at the World Cup, it obviously didn't help matters but in this day and age of communication technology, I don't see why a person has to actually be there in person and I see no reason why this couldn't have been wrapped up one way or the other months ago.

If Rooney had come out with this shit in July, it would have been bad but it would have at least given Fergie the chance to act on it. It could be said that we've been a bit naive here and have had the piss taken out of us big-time.

Rooney was clearly offered an attractive contract and it should have been a case of sign or don't sign but leave the rest to Fergie. You have until July 1st to make up your mind.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
If Rooney made a u-turn and signed a new deal, how would you feel about him? I would be happy but my thoughts and feelings on him would be tainted. I don't know if I could support the player as much as before.
Nope dont want him here, hes shown his true colours there's no way back now, you don't disrespect the manager the club and the fans in this manner just for a few extra £££ in your bank balance if youve no other passion besides money your not welcome here you dont deserve to be here, hes a cnut and hes proven that now, has no feeling for anyone but Wayne Rooney, ask his missus she knows better than anyone.

The sooner we get cancers like that out of the club the better, as Sir Alex said last night theres not a shortage of players whod love to play for this club, this club will be around long after all of us are brown bread and long after Rooneys been sectioned under the mental health act after his wife and kid have left him hes declared bankrupt and its revealed he owes prostitutes and OAP's up to 70k in damages including the mental scars sleeping with him have caused.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Nope dont want him here, his shown his true colours there's no way back now, you don't disrespect the manager the club and the fans in this manner just for a few extra £££ in your bank balance if youve no other passion besides money your not welcome here you dont deserve to be here, hes a cnut and hes proven that now, has no feeling for anyone but Wayne Rooney, ask his missus she knows better than anyone.

The sooner we get cancers like that out of the club the better, as Sir Alex said last night theres not a shortage of players whod love to play for this club, this club will be around long after all of us are brown bread and long after Rooneys been sectioned under the mental health act after his wife and kid have left him hes declared bankrupt and its revealed he owes prostitutes and OAP's up to 70k in damages including the mental scars sleeping with him have caused.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: And 100% correct

VoetbalWizard

Right now, if I was the club who Rooney/Rooney's agent had agreed terms with I'd be feeling slightly uncomfortable.

I'd have to ask myself if he was worth it, worth the eyes of the world looking at me and my club with such disrespect. I wouldn't like to be the manager of that club either.

We'll see eventually who they are.
i only think it'll be a massive backlash if its a british club.

if its barca or madrid, it won't be that big of a story.

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia
I think the lesson to be learned here is not to let contract negotiations drag on into a new season - even when you are dealing with a player who has told you he wants to stay for life.

With Rooney out at the World Cup, it obviously didn't help matters but in this day and age of communication technology, I don't see why a person has to actually be there in person and I see no reason why this couldn't have been wrapped up one way or the other months ago.

If Rooney had come out with this shit in July, it would have been bad but it would have at least given Fergie the chance to act on it. It could be said that we've been a bit naive here and have had the piss taken out of us big-time.

Rooney was clearly offered an attractive contract and it should have been a case of sign or don't sign but leave the rest to Fergie. You have until July 1st to make up your mind.
Missing the point. They had meetings prior to World Cup, but obviously that got in the way and they resumed talks after Wayne got back, when he dropped the bombshell. Influenced by other England player perhaps? Anyway. Fergie and Gill obviously hoped it was going to pass when Wayne was feeling better about things, then all his private life stuff came out and everything else. Roomey and his agent have engineered this at a time which puts pressure on the club to sell in January. Perhaps using the slightly slow start (still unbeaten) to the season as an excuse.

The club started the negotiations early enough, but at some time between May and August Rooney has been influenced in some way, or has made a completely retarded decision all by himself. Either way his image has hit an all time low. Perhaps that's why they did it now, it couldn't get any worse :lol: