Messi to MLS (Inter Miami)

Ladron de redcafe

Messi doesn't have an agreement for anything after June. He's not going to take a decision now. He has an offer from the MLS and an offer to extend from PSG. But there is no agreement because he hasn't decided his future yet.

Edit:, @IFC 1905 Just saw your post with the same tweet.

Lee565

He will stay at psg, we saw it with mbappe that if psg want someone to stay they pullout all the stops financially

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Hope it's not true, it just feels wrong.

He has another season at the top in him too so would be a shame.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Makes sense, he wasn’t going to play until 37 in a top league plus this will be huge for MLS

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Would only make sense if he's wanting to tap out. Still wanted by PSG and likely Barca too. Quite the contrast to Ronnie. Although Ronnie must be hoping Messi taps out so he can pretend it is through his own willingness that he's not signing for a club in the CL.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He already has a home in Miami I think.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
He has nothing more to prove or play for, after this WC. As a rumor, it seems as credible as you can get imho, also considering Miami is a fantastic city for anybody rich enough and more so with South American heritage.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cheers.
interesting that he’s going there so early in his career. Could easily do another couple of years in Europe.

Speaking some English can further aid him in filling the coffers with the green stuff. Wonder if he’s arsed about that.
He'd be 36 starting there and seems less likely than Ronaldo to go to 40, so a couple of seasons there and retire sounds spot on.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Would like to see him an extra year or two in Europe, I think he can do a playmaking role easily.

I think he should play a CAM role in his twilight years, just stay at PSG.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Makes sense, he wasn’t going to play until 37 in a top league plus this will be huge for MLS
Why not? Isnt he one of the best players in the french league at the moment? 7 goals and 10 assists already this season is a pretty good haul IMO.

MadMike

He’s still a bit too good for the MLS. If he remains fit, he will tear that league apart for the next couple of years for sure. Though maybe that’s a good thing to sustain his legend.

SportingCP96

Supports
Why not? Isnt he one of the best players in the french league at the moment? 7 goals and 10 assists already this season is a pretty good haul IMO.
Exactly, not a top league. His stint in Europe was always going to be shorter then his rival

devil99

Messi joins Inter Miami, Becks helps and fronts United take over and Messi joins United on loan for few months during MLS off season. Everybody at Old Trafford sings you are better than Ronaldo and Redcafe Ronaldo thread explodes with joy

SportingCP96

Supports
same top league that knocked out Ronaldo in CL go figure
My point is playing in the French league is no different then playing in Portugal.

Similar quality leagues and one can argue the Portuguese is better considering they routinely get further in European competitions and out perform the French clubs bar PSG for obvious reason.

Before the take over Portugal was many times the 5th best ranked league but that is neither here nor their.

The point is the competition in those leagues is very poor especially if you play for PSG against the rest.

Messi in England would do worse then what Ronaldo did last season in England

GinobiliTheGOAT

My point is playing in the French league is no different then playing in Portugal.

Similar quality leagues and one can argue the Portuguese is better considering they routinely get further in European competitions and out perform the French clubs bar PSG for obvious reason.

Before the take over Portugal was many times the 5th best ranked league but that is neither here nor their.

The point is the competition in those leagues is very poor especially if you play for PSG against the rest.

Messi in England would do worse then what Ronaldo did last season in England
disagree completely. 25% of Ronaldo’s goals in EPL were against Norwich who are as bad as any French side.

United would have been a better team with Messi instead of Ronaldo. When Ronaldo doesn’t score he offers you nothing. When Messi doesn’t score he is still one of the most elite playmakers in Europe. He’s in far better form than Ronaldo since last season and would definitely could have 10 goals and 10 assists over the course of the season.

SportingCP96

Supports
disagree completely. 25% of Ronaldo’s goals in EPL were against Norwich who are as bad as any French side.

United would have been a better team with Messi instead of Ronaldo. When Ronaldo doesn’t score he offers you nothing. When Messi doesn’t score he is still one of the most elite playmakers in Europe. He’s in far better form than Ronaldo since last season and would definitely could have 10 goals and 10 assists over the course of the season.
He would struggle immensely with the pace of the game and be eaten alive in midfield every game, he’s a smart man for going to PSG.

Ronaldo was the second top goal scorer in England at 37 years of age. If you think Messi would put anywhere near those numbers at 37 your smoking dust.

100% he won’t even be playing in Europe at 37.

GinobiliTheGOAT

He would struggle immensely with the pace of the game and be eaten alive in midfield every game, he’s a smart man for going to PSG.

Ronaldo was the second top goal scorer in England at 37 years of age. If you think Messi would put anywhere near those numbers at 37 your smoking dust.

100% he won’t even be playing in Europe at 37.
No, he was third and again 25% of his goals coming against Norwich.

If Ronaldo was genuinely so good at 37 why was it that NO teams wanted him last summer? United were desperate to get rid of him and he wasn’t part of ETH’s plans. His last season was in fact quite hollow and stunted United if anything. Even this season we can see how much better they are when he doesn’t play.

Ronaldo was quite poor against the top 3 last season, and even if Messi was to struggle he would have a field day with the bottom 10 of the EPL. United absolutely would have been a better team with Messi than Ronaldo in recent years. Psg want to resign Messi, want nothing to do with Ronaldo. Barca still want Messi back. Yet nobody wants to make a play for Ronaldo.

Think about why that is. You’d think teams would be lining up for the third best scorer in the country, but no, he had moments here or there but rarely did he have solid consistency.
Messi was bad last season but we can see with how well he has bounced back he still would have done well enough in the EPL. Even ibra was getting big numbers with United at an advanced age.

I understand it is tough for you to see your idol destroy his legacy with united and be kicked to the curb with foolish interviews and nobody wanting him being a cancer to their team. But his last season was incredibly overrated and this season he is done for.

I think it would be a shame for Messi to go to MLS as it was to sign with psg to begin with but at least he will leave with fond memories in his final European season and leave on his own terms, not getting the boot by every CL club in Europe.

SportingCP96

Supports
No, he was third and again 25% of his goals coming against Norwich.

If Ronaldo was genuinely so good at 37 why was it that NO teams wanted him last summer? United were desperate to get rid of him and he wasn’t part of ETH’s plans. His last season was in fact quite hollow and stunted United if anything. Even this season we can see how much better they are when he doesn’t play.

Ronaldo was quite poor against the top 3 last season, and even if Messi was to struggle he would have a field day with the bottom 10 of the EPL. United absolutely would have been a better team with Messi than Ronaldo in recent years. Psg want to resign Messi, want nothing to do with Ronaldo. Barca still want Messi back. Yet nobody wants to make a play for Ronaldo.

Think about why that is. You’d think teams would be lining up for the third best scorer in the country, but no, he had moments here or there but rarely did he have solid consistency.
Messi was bad last season but we can see with how well he has bounced back he still would have done well enough in the EPL. Even ibra was getting big numbers with United at an advanced age.

I understand it is tough for you to see your idol destroy his legacy with united and be kicked to the curb with foolish interviews and nobody wanting him being a cancer to their team. But his last season was incredibly overrated and this season he is done for.

I think it would be a shame for Messi to go to MLS as it was to sign with psg to begin with but at least he will leave with fond memories in his final European season and leave on his own terms, not getting the boot by every CL club in Europe.
Ronaldo not having “any offers “ is more so to do with the fact United wanting to sell him and then the teams having to pay insane wages for a player who is 38 soon, it’s not a smart move for that reason, however let’s see what happens in January now that he’s a free agent and we will see if truly nobody wants him.

Secondly his legacy is intact at United long term and history will show that, Best player to ever wear the shirt, Balon d or Winner at United and the key player in their most dominant era.

It’s funny because I remember seeing stats where a goalkeeper ran more then Messi did during a game I can only imagine the CAF losing their mind seeing teams run through him in midfield, don’t let your hate blind you.

Also those “25%” goals being against Norwich. Mate he was the reason you won those games…..

Salah and son both had 23 so subsequently he was the second top scorer with 18. You can sugar coat it with 25% this and 25% that but he outshined players in their prime like Kane and Mane. Those are facts.

Like I said Messi at 37 won’t be in Europe let alone the EPL and I would not be surprised to see him retire at 38.

Going to PSG allowed him to extend his career longer in Europe.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
This discussion on Ronaldo vs Messi after Ronaldo's acrimonious exit (Not particular to this thread) really proves two things. Football fans/supporters are great at moving the goalposts to defend their bias. And, Human beings are naturally hypocrites.

Similar line of thought for the Oil Sheikhdom takeover threads.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Ronaldo not having “any offers “ is more so to do with the fact United wanting to sell him and then the teams having to pay insane wages for a player who is 38 soon, it’s not a smart move for that reason, however let’s see what happens in January now that he’s a free agent and we will see if truly nobody wants him.

Secondly his legacy is intact at United long term and history will show that, Best player to ever wear the shirt, Balon d or Winner at United and the key player in their most dominant era.

It’s funny because I remember seeing stats where a goalkeeper ran more then Messi did during a game I can only imagine the CAF losing their mind seeing teams run through him in midfield, don’t let your hate blind you.

Also those “25%” goals being against Norwich. Mate he was the reason you won those games…..

Salah and son both had 23 so subsequently he was the second top scorer with 18. You can sugar coat it with 25% this and 25% that but he outshined players in their prime like Kane and Mane. Those are facts.

Like I said Messi at 37 won’t be in Europe let alone the EPL and I would not be surprised to see him retire at 38.

Going to PSG allowed him to extend his career longer in Europe.
kane was injured a lot last season, mane was on the same team as Salah.

and Ronaldo had 2 players ahead of him when it came to scoring. Still good for 37 yes, but again, no team wanted him last summer and I agree we should see what happens in January.

He can still be of use, and perhaps a solid showing in the World Cup will get more teams to bite

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
A great idea for him if he doesn't want to retire. A last pay day promoting the sport in the US. Surely much better than outstaying your welcome Ronaldo style.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Wasn’t messi brought to PSG to help them win the CL? Surely he stays if they don’t win that. He’ll want 1 more CL trophy.