Messi's next club: place your bets!

Who will Messi join?

• Total voters

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Laporta had to choose between keeping Messi which required agreeing with CVC investment versus going ahead with the superleague. Initially, he had sided with the CVC investment to keep Messi but after meeting Perez, he changed his mind hence Messi's sudden departure despite the later agreeing to the maximum possible wage reduction allowed in Spain.

So when Laporta says he cannot sacrifice the future of the club for Messi, he means he can't sacrifice the super league and sign up to an investment that will over the long term eat into a portion of the clubs revenues.
But why would anyone think that the superleague has a chance to happen? A superleague between which club? Real, Barcelona and Juventus? WIll they play each other 15 times during the season?

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Laporta had to choose between keeping Messi which required agreeing with CVC investment versus going ahead with the superleague. Initially, he had sided with the CVC investment to keep Messi but after meeting Perez, he changed his mind hence Messi's sudden departure despite the later agreeing to the maximum possible wage reduction allowed in Spain.

So when Laporta says he cannot sacrifice the future of the club for Messi, he means he can't sacrifice the super league and sign up to an investment that will over the long term eat into a portion of the clubs revenues.
Superleague or not I think he's doing the right thing for the club as they do need to cut the wages down and all the talk was about just spreading his salary over 5 years, that couldn't be any good either, he now needs to also make some cuts with the rest of the squad. It was a very bad position to be to begin with so can't really blame the guy. I'm still skeptical about the super league being the right answer to this inflation in the market (don't think it is) but this measures are imposed to prevent clubs going bank rupt.

ericPSG

Supports
PSG
But why would anyone think that the superleague has a chance to happen? A superleague between which club? Real, Barcelona and Juventus? WIll they play each other 15 times during the season?
the superleague still has a chance to happen.
Euroleague in basket happened

they focused on the financial side to announce the superleague. They sent president to the media to defend it. Of course it failed

Next time, if they can convince popular star from key countries / league (messi, ronaldo, muller, kane etc) to go the media instead of the presidents
By promising better wages for the players in the superleague of course

and if theses players focus their speech by how great it will be to play stacked team every week and how great it will be to watch for the fans

then maybe the fans will follow...

ps : I don t want the superleague, and I don t want the future champion league with so many weak teams and so many useless games. The current champion league is fine

mshnsh

Apparently Agnelli, Perez and La porta still think it can happen.
Superleague or not I think he's doing the right thing for the club as they do need to cut the wages down and all the talk was about just spreading his salary over 5 years, that couldn't be any good either, he now needs to also make some cuts with the rest of the squad. It was a very bad position to be to begin with so can't really blame the guy. I'm still skeptical about the super league being the right answer to this inflation in the market (don't think it is) but this measures are imposed to prevent clubs going bank rupt.
La porta has done this for the superleague and to be able to go against the CVC investment. I don't think it is right for club to push Messi out of the door for these reasons
Could do worse although prime Suarez is better than Mbappe currently for me. Pique was great at one time - he’s been average for a few years now though.
Suarez and Mbappe are 2 different players. Both

Mbappe's speed, intelligence off the ball and goal scoring can be a massive threat; similar to Cristiano. Mbappe would really thrive in a vertical team like Man utd or Real Madrid. And him stretching the opponent could make alot of space for Messi and Neymar.

Suarez in his prime was a nuisance and his work rate, vision, passing and technique was better than Mbappe's.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
the superleague still has a chance to happen.
Euroleague in basket happened

they focused on the financial side to announce the superleague. They sent president to the media to defend it. Of course it failed

Next time, if they can convince popular star from key countries / league (messi, ronaldo, muller, kane etc) to go the media instead of the presidents
By promising better wages for the players in the superleague of course

and if theses players focus their speech by how great it will be to play stacked team every week and how great it will be to watch for the fans

then maybe the fans will follow...

ps : I don t want the superleague, and I don t want the future champion league with so many weak teams and so many useless games. The current champion league is fine
Not just Euroleague, they also funded Eurocup, with FIBA competitions being played by less competitive clubs, but still being integrated in those two competitons.
The reasons who took clubs to rebel against FIBA were actually pretty valid at that moment and they actually had the support by almost all federations. The governing rules were pretty much clueless in how to improve basketball competitions and how to increase TV revenue.
A few years later Euroleague and Eurocup are extremely profitable and european basketball is probably 10 times better overall, one just need to look at most of Europe's NT to realise that.

WhoAreYou?

Supports
Barcelona
25 million per year after tax. Weird other clubs werent in it for him? Thats crazy cheap for a free GOAT agent haha