Michael Olise

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Christ I would love it if this means we get shot of Antony. He had a wonderful start and just couldn't kick on. Cannot figure out how to beat more than 2 of the full backs in the entire league, and has a terrible habit of slowing down our counter attacks and almost refuses to pass. I respect the work he puts in on defense though. Olise creates chances, how can you not fancy having that on your squad?

daba

Christ I would love it if this means we get shot of Antony. He had a wonderful start and just couldn't kick on. Cannot figure out how to beat more than 2 of the full backs in the entire league, and has a terrible habit of slowing down our counter attacks and almost refuses to pass. I respect the work he puts in on defense though. Olise creates chances, how can you not fancy having that on your squad?
Only concern with him is his injuries this season. Apart from that he’s a lovely player and is ready for the next step.

Remember the geese

This suddenly is no longer a priority position for us. We could have Garnacho and Amad compete for the right side and sell Sancho, Antony, Pellistri and Greenwood.

gajender

This suddenly is no longer a priority position for us. We could have Garnacho and Amad compete for the right side and sell Sancho, Antony, Pellistri and Greenwood.
Assuming we do sell Sancho,Antony,Pellistri and Greenwood then we definitely need a winger depending on how we See Garnacho and Rashford status going forward .

Remember the geese

Assuming we do sell Sancho,Antony,Pellistri and Greenwood then we definitely need a winger depending on how we See Garnacho and Rashford status going forward .
Yeah, the left side would be the priority. One will definitely be needed in the event that we now consider Garnacho to be a right sided player. Two, in the probably unlikely scenario that we wish to sell Rashford.

United888

Based on Transfermarkt, no 10 is Olise 2nd most played position in his professional career (52x as AM and 17x as CM).

He's not only going to be our RW option, but also can cover Bruno if Bruno is injured or suspended. He also offers some versatility to the squad.

Ekeke

Based on Transfermarkt, no 10 is Olise 2nd most played position in his professional career (52x as AM and 17x as CM).

He's not only going to be our RW option, but also can cover Bruno if Bruno is injured or suspended. He also offers some versatility to the squad.
IIRC he played as the most attacking of a midfield 3 before signing for Palace. So yeah a CM in that system

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

We'd rather he be able to play left wing. We already have Mount to cover Bruno

Hughes35

Then you have nothing on the left wing as your only wingers would be Rashford, Amad and Garnacho which would be insane. Rashford is rubbish more often than not, Amad is untried at this level and Garnacho is so young.

Sancho is gone, Greenwood is probably gone. If we sign Olise, that leaves us with.

Left - Rashford, Garnacho
Right - Olise, Garnacho, Amad & Anthony

Considering Rashford is also the striker backup that's probably the minimum we could get away with IMO.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
IIRC he played as the most attacking of a midfield 3 before signing for Palace. So yeah a CM in that system
Looks like a great player and big talent. But his injuries is a huuuuuge worry at this rate. A common denominator for most of the best players in the world is that they stay fit. I mean, look at the likes of Lewandowski, Benzema, Ronaldo, Messi, Salah etc. They have all been able to play and train consistently for a long time.

It is not only important for the sake of availability, but also reaching their potential.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
His hamstring issues are a possible cause of concern but it's unclear at the moment if it's going to be a niggling injury for the rest of his career or if it's been overblown due to Hodgson and his stupid management.

Remember the geese

Then you have nothing on the left wing as your only wingers would be Rashford, Amad and Garnacho which would be insane. Rashford is rubbish more often than not, Amad is untried at this level and Garnacho is so young.

Sancho is gone, Greenwood is probably gone. If we sign Olise, that leaves us with.

Left - Rashford, Garnacho
Right - Olise, Garnacho, Amad & Anthony

Considering Rashford is also the striker backup that's probably the minimum we could get away with IMO.
I'm not advocating just having 3 wingers. I'm saying that in Garnacho and Amad, the right side is no longer a priority. The left side becomes the issue. One will definitely be needed to compete with Rashford, or two should we wish to sell Rashford.

Basically I don't really see the point in Olise, unless we want to sell Amad or revert back to using Garnacho on the left. Even then, Olise's injury issues are concerning.

Hughes35

I'm not advocating just having 3 wingers. I'm saying that in Garnacho and Amad, the right side is no longer a priority. The left side becomes the issue. One will definitely be needed to compete with Rashford, or two should we wish to sell Rashford.

Basically I don't really see the point in Olise, unless we want to sell Amad or revert back to using Garnacho on the left. Even then, Olise's injury issues are concerning.
At this stage I don't think Amad can be considered as a solid option. We haven't seen him play.

Not saying he won't by the end of the season but as things stand on the RW, first choice is Garnacho, Second choice is Anthony and 3rd choice is probably Bruno.

Remember the geese

At this stage I don't think Amad can be considered as a solid option. We haven't seen him play.

Not saying he won't by the end of the season but as things stand on the RW, first choice is Garnacho, Second choice is Anthony and 3rd choice is probably Bruno.
Agreed regarding ten Hag's perceived pedestal. However, I don't have any patience left where Antony is concerned. Therefore, we should sell him and persist with Garnacho and Amad as our right sided options. Obviously if we wish to sell Amad too, then Olise becomes an option.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
His hamstring issues are a possible cause of concern but it's unclear at the moment if it's going to be a niggling injury for the rest of his career or if it's been overblown due to Hodgson and his stupid management.
Our injuries this season are off the charts, I don’t think it’s a coincidence. He’s been overplayed and rushed back each time due to a lack of options, same with Eze.

DanClancy

Was he injured 2 seasons ago? Only played 26 league games.

I can't confess to seeing much of him but he doesn't look the quickest which would put me off or am I been harsh? Club can't afford to waste any more money on wingers.

van Nistelrooy

Extremely skeptical about bringing Olise in. He's already missed much of the season and is likely to miss most of what's left through injury.

Following the issue with signing Mount after an injury-plagued season, I think it's fair to have doubts. It'll be too much money to waste again on a potential crock.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
With Garnacho now flourishing on the right and Olise being a major target we may need to bring a left sided player in to push Rashford or could Sancho play there if he came back ? Looks like Antony is done.
We're gonna need at least 3 attackers in the Summer window if we're actually going to be a serious club, IMO. Sancho and Martial are done and Antony's nowhere near good enough. Pretty much leaves us with Rashford - Hojlund - Garnacho as our only realistic options, definitely need some extremely high quality reinforcements in summer, the lack of goals these last few seasons should tell you exactly where a bulk of our issues lie.

AltiUn

Extremely skeptical about bringing Olise in. He's already missed much of the season and is likely to miss most of what's left through injury.

Following the issue with signing Mount after an injury-plagued season, I think it's fair to have doubts. It'll be too much money to waste again on a potential crock.
Agreed.

UpWithRivers

There is zero chance we are getting rid of Antony. 0. Nada. Even if we wanted to who the fk would sign him. He's on 200 grand a week and we paid 80 plus for him. Even if we halved that would we get takers for 40 mill and 200k? I doubt it.

Lu Tze

No crocks should be rule no.1 for us. The best ability is availability. You cannot have a consistently successful team while chopping and changing constantly to accommodate injuries.

davidmichael

We're gonna need at least 3 attackers in the Summer window if we're actually going to be a serious club, IMO. Sancho and Martial are done and Antony's nowhere near good enough. Pretty much leaves us with Rashford - Hojlund - Garnacho as our only realistic options, definitely need some extremely high quality reinforcements in summer, the lack of goals these last few seasons should tell you exactly where a bulk of our issues lie.
I think Olise and a striker would be enough seeing as we’ve also got Diallo, as much as I’d love Antony to be moved on I just don’t think he will be this summer so he’s a last resort back up option.

That would hypothetically give us Hojlund, Rashford, Garnacho, Olise, new striker, Diallo and Antony as our forward options. I think priority wise we need at least one centre back, one defensive midfielder, one right winger and one striker but ideally two centre backs, two midfielders, a right winger and a striker but with the new FFP thing it’d be hard so we need to be clever.

Vidooq

It's always a concern with a player's injury record when it's muscular/hamstring injuries. He is 22, so I hope it can be handled with proper workload management if he comes.

JBG

Too be honest, I wouldn't mind either of Neto, Nico or Olise. They all seem like exactly the kind of wingers the team needs. Neto and Olise seem to have problems with injuries though.

OleGunnar20

No crocks should be rule no.1 for us. The best ability is availability. You cannot have a consistently successful team while chopping and changing constantly to accommodate injuries.
This 1000%. I don't think we should look at either him or Neto until they show a spell of sustained fitness, which is a shame of course as they both look great.

SER19

Same. I think hes excellent but it's too much risk at a time we need to get things right

AltiUn

I think Olise and a striker would be enough seeing as we’ve also got Diallo, as much as I’d love Antony to be moved on I just don’t think he will be this summer so he’s a last resort back up option.

That would hypothetically give us Hojlund, Rashford, Garnacho, Olise, new striker, Diallo and Antony as our forward options. I think priority wise we need at least one centre back, one defensive midfielder, one right winger and one striker but ideally two centre backs, two midfielders, a right winger and a striker but with the new FFP thing it’d be hard so we need to be clever.
That left wing is still a big hole for me, I don't think we can come away from summer without signing one. Rashford's too inconsistent, plus his attitude stinks, and Garnacho, so far, looks far better on the right.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
There is zero chance we are getting rid of Antony. 0. Nada. Even if we wanted to who the fk would sign him. He's on 200 grand a week and we paid 80 plus for him. Even if we halved that would we get takers for 40 mill and 200k? I doubt it.
No chance he's sold with ETH here. We're stuck with him for a while.

As for Olise, it's only this season he's suffered with injuries and if he had a more responsible Manager then he'd be playing right now. I don't think it's a concern, it's not like he's got a history of niggles or injuries.

dubplate warrior

Was he injured 2 seasons ago? Only played 26 league games.

I can't confess to seeing much of him but he doesn't look the quickest which would put me off or am I been harsh? Club can't afford to waste any more money on wingers.
He's one of those players whose skillful enough not to need to be the fastest player to beat a man. He's no slouch but Rashford and Garnacho are much quicker than him, however I still would bet on Olise to beat his man over both.

AltiUn

No chance he's sold with ETH here. We're stuck with him for a while.

As for Olise, it's only this season he's suffered with injuries and if he had a more responsible Manager then he'd be playing right now. I don't think it's a concern, it's not like he's got a history of niggles or injuries.
He's dropped him for a 19 year old, I honestly don't think Ten Hag is that arsed about Antony.