Michele Fornasier

jb8521

Anybody know anything about this lad. Ive heard hes a 15 year old defender from Fiorentina who was with the team at the milk cup along with Massacci

datura

Someone linked to Henry Winter's twitter account a while back and he posted that we were in Italy looking to sign a couple of players. Massacci leaked quite early and was assumed to be one, but the other target was unknown so maybe we this is the other lad.

jb8521

Someone linked to Herny Winter's twitter account a while back and he posted that we were in Italy looking to sign a couple of players. Massacci leaked quite early and was assumed to be one, but the other target was unknown so maybe we this is the other lad.
Yeah its looking that way. Hes the blonde haired lad who Massacci was talking to most of the time he was shown in any of the footage

datura

Some google searching: DOB 22.08.1993 and there seem to have been rumours about us being after him from early July. Not really anything more substantial though.

Given than we just brought in Massacci, McGinty and have Thorpe who looks a real prospect at centre back, I'm guessing that he may be a right back?

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Anybody know anything about this lad. Ive heard hes a 15 year old defender from Fiorentina who was with the team at the milk cup along with Massacci
He was born on 22.8.93 but cannot find any other details.

Does anyone have the link to the Italian website that shows all youth games played by players?

jb8521

He was born on 22.8.93 but cannot find any other details.

Does anyone have the link to the Italian website that shows all youth games played by players?
Ive also heard hes the Italian under 16 captain but not sure if its true

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
My Italian is about as good Steven Gerrard's diving and it's very late but I'll have a go.

Ecco un altro "scippo" da parte del Manchester United ad una squadra italiana. Dopo, tra i più famosi, Giuseppe Rossi dal Parma, Petrucci dalla Roma, Macheda dalla Lazio, è la volta di Massacci dall'Empoli. Alberto Massacci nasce il 27 maggio 1993 a Siena. Talento del settore giovanile dell'Empoli, la stagione scorsa ha disputato il campionato nei Giovanissimi Nazionali, dove ha raggiunto assieme alla sua squadra la Finale-Scudetto, persa poi contro l'Atalanta. Nel suo piccolo Palmares, vanta il premio di "miglior giocatore al Torneo internazionale "Gallini" di Pordenone".
Here another "poaching" by Manchester United from an Italian team. After, amongst the most famous, Giuseppe Rossi of Parma, Petrucci of Roma, Macheda of Lazio, and this time of Massacci of Empoli. Massacci born 27/03/93 in Siena. A talent of the youth system of Empoli, last season he competed for the championship (of National Youngsters?), where along with his team he reached the (final of the championship?), which they lost against Atalanta. In his little award winners, he won the "best player at the international "Gallini" tournament of Pordenone.
[which we played in I think...]

"Oltre a lui quasi fatta per il capitano viola Fornasier classe 1993 al Man Utd"

That means kind of "on top of him [Massacci] there's also almost the captain of the Fiorentina 93 born team, Fornasier." I think i.e. almost a done deal.

Why the feck am I awake?

^Red Devil^

Fiorentina are set to complain to Fifa and Uefa after teenage defender Michele Fornasier opted to move to Manchester United.

The Serie A club are threatening to take their complaints to the world governing body after the 15-year-old was snapped up by Sir Alex Ferguson - exploiting the same loophole in Italian law that enabled the club to capture Federico Macheda.

Fornasier, who turns 16 next week, was with the United youth squad at the Northern Ireland Milk Cup tournament earlier this month and is highly-rated in Italy, where he has represented the national Under-16 team.

United also captured Empoli's Alberto Massacci, another defender, last month - further opening Ferguson's Academy to accusations of 'poaching' after previous raids on Lazio for Macheda, Parma for Giuseppe Rossi and Roma for Davide Petrucci.
http://www.eatsleepsport.com/manche...le-italians-with-fiorentina-swoop-931888.html

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Fornicacio and Masocismo have both signed.

We're also apparently after Sadismo and Cunnilinguini.

Chris H

Video Posting God
Any chance we might sign Fellaccio as well? Might be able to do a job for us.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I've heard Fellaccio is off to Chelsea because he has the same agent as Ashley Cole.

PS18

Fornasier will sign in around 10 days apparently (his 16th birthday, Aug 22nd).

Widnes

Why is it everytime we sign a young player I have to read how his former club are going to report us to FIFA or UEFA but you never hear these stories about Arsenal who have been raping clubs of their young players for years only for the press to call wenger a genius.

RedPhil1957

Why is it everytime we sign a young player I have to read how his former club are going to report us to FIFA or UEFA but you never hear these stories about Arsenal who have been raping clubs of their young players for years only for the press to call wenger a genius.

Because everywhere in the footballing world the name Manchester United is well known.

SecondFig

To be fair, a lot of those clubs did complain - Flamini in particular caused a huge stink when he signed for Arsenal.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Not very high as the Italians can't have the kind of "pre-contracts" for minors that the French clubs have.
Not even if they have represented their country at youth levels? In France they can right?

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Not even if they have represented their country at youth levels? In France they can right?
Playing for your country has nothing to do with having a professional contract with a club though

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored

prateik

why would fifa even accept such complaints ..

they should ask the italian FA to change the rules

an unattached player moves to a club .. where is the controversy

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
How many young players have we bought then? Seems like a lot, and now, every former club tries to get more money

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
says in the article that Fornasier played for us in the Milk Cup, i don't remember him at all. Did he actually play for us?

Kelvin

feck off all those small-time cnuts crying foul and complain to the fifa, they have no case at all.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Playing for your country has nothing to do with having a professional contract with a club though

I think he's referring to one of the the pre-contracts one of the French lads supposedly signed.
Yea that is exactly what I was talking about. Rennes said that Helan had signed a pre-contract because he had appeared for France's youth teams and thus was eligible to sign a pre-contract which he did. Thus Man city in their opinion made Helan break that pre-contract to sign for them..

says in the article that Fornasier played for us in the Milk Cup, i don't remember him at all. Did he actually play for us?
Hmmm.. He wasn't there in all the H/L's I saw..

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The English inquisition had started

The Wizard

No he didn't play. He was just attending with the official United party, getting a feel for his new club and settling in, the other Italian lad we signed was there too. As far as I know so was Paul Pogba.

PS18

Yea that is exactly what I was talking about. Rennes said that Helan had signed a pre-contract because he had appeared for France's youth teams and thus was eligible to sign a pre-contract which he did. Thus Man city in their opinion made Helan break that pre-contract to sign for them..
Don't think French kids need to appear for youth teams in order to be eligible to sign a pre-contract (as far as I know Pogba signed his before he had every appeared for French youth teams).

Think the issue is that it's FFA policy not to select those who 'break' pre-contracts for the national youth teams.

LouisRocca

...and Michele Fornasier says, look how I care...

...and his italian friend joins in and completly agree...

Pics are from Milk-cup this summer...
Definitely looks like two boys that is been treaten badly and is a victim of child slavery...

datura

They had Dave Bushell on Inside United and he was saying he'd just visited the two new Italians at their digs and said they seemed really happy and had settled in really well, an example for the other youngsters living away from home.

Widnes

Manchester United are set to complete the signing of Fiorentina teenager Michele Fornasier.

The Telegraph says United look set to escape a Fifa investigation into their attempted recruitment of Italian teenager Fornasier following Fiorentina's failure to supply sufficient evidence to support their complaint.

It is understood that Fornasier was not tied to a binding contract at Fiorentina and Fifa has now confirmed that, barring further correspondence from the Serie A club, it has found no grounds on which to base an investigation.

A Fifa spokesman said: "We can confirm that we were contacted by Fiorentina with regard to the potential transfer of the player, Michele Fornasier, to Manchester United.

"However, no formal investigation has been opened since the documentation currently in our possession, from a purely formal point of view, is not apt to sustain such action."

Man Utd cleared to sign Fiorentina kid Fornasier | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

lysglimt

Scout
Imagine how funny it will be if City are found guilty of poaching Helen - Chelsea are banned - and United get away without any punishment...

Remind me to look at RAWK that day :)