Mike Dean

Red00012

On the flip side though if he gives a pen, I don’t think VAR over turns it.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Getting more leeway isn't getting away with blatant red cards. It's one team getting away with something the other team doesn't.

I don't think that happened in our game v Saints?
We got given a ridiculous penalty and a red for Bednarek which was overturned. It was also a penalty to Brighton . So much for smaller teams getting leeway.
Absurd suggestion

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Thanks.
It's a bit silly but I don't think that's deliberate. He's in a poor position once the pass is played and he stays still because he doesn't know if Fred is coming behind or in front. It's nothing really.

Last edited:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
We got given a ridiculous penalty and a red for Bednarek which was overturned. It was also a penalty to Brighton . So much for smaller teams getting leeway.
Absurd suggestion
And it would've been a red card to Maguire too. That was never a penalty for Brighton. It was the media and even their manager would say more than they have.

I'm not suggesting we never get a favourable decision against smaller teams. But generally I feel refs will let smaller teams, especially lower league teams in the cups, get away with a little more than the bigger teams.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Why are some calling it a possible penalty? The chop down of Fernandes happened a couple of yards outside of the box.

Should have received a yellow, but it wasn't going to be a penalty.

Did Dean signal to play on? He was too far out of the camera angle during the play.

stevoc

It annoyed me that the moment it happened, Mcmananananananan mentions it, then they go onto score and it's never mentioned again by either him or co-comms. Wankers.
But you just know if it had happened in the build up to our winner there would have been an hour long debate about the injustice of it all.

Much like the time we got a penalty in the 84th minute to go 6-7 nil up vs Southampton.

Idxomer

The Fred block is also a Martin Atkinson special, he gets so often in the way of players and limits their passing options.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
And it would've been a red card to Maguire too. That was never a penalty for Brighton. It was the media and even their manager would say more than they have.

I'm not suggesting we never get a favourable decision against smaller teams. But generally I feel refs will let smaller teams, especially lower league teams in the cups, get away with a little more than the bigger teams.
It was a pen mate. We got away with one

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Horrible prick. Good riddance