Mikel Oyarzabal

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Scored for Spain tonight, looks like he'll be a first team player for them now... He's scored double digits in La Liga the last 3 seasons, and got 11 assists last year too.

Why is he not at a bigger club? No disrespect to Sociedad or anything, but surely someone bigger should have been in for him by now? Something I'm missing?

izec

He is flying under the radar. Think he may be snapped up in a year or two if he keeps progressing.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Scored for Spain tonight, looks like he'll be a first team player for them now... He's scored double digits in La Liga the last 3 seasons, and got 11 assists last year too.

Why is he not at a bigger club? No disrespect to Sociedad or anything, but surely someone bigger should have been in for him by now? Something I'm missing?
He's a Basque so he's very loyal to them (was actually talk of him nearly signing for Bilbao two years ago) and La Real made europa so at this point his career is good. Also got the cup final to play at some stage this season so chance to win a trophy.

Will probably move eventually. I think he'd do well in premier league but could easily go to somewhere like Barcelona. Superb fitness record as he was involved in 37 la Liga games (plus all the cup ties) and was only on bench once I think. At age of 23 already played 200 games which is some going.

Very good team player and as you say produces good scoring stats considering he isn't an out and out striker (Isak is the main CF in the team). He reminds me a bit of when Milner was coming through a decade ago although better in final third.

Edit: Also was the case of Joseba Etxeberria who won 50 caps for Spain in late 90s/early 00s. Was a similar type and he played 450 games for Bilbao and never moved from them.

Lee565

I get the vibe he will annoyingly end up at man city in a season or two. would love him at united and have said since last summer that he should be a player we should be going all out for in the same way we somewhat did with sancho but I just think our club has tunnel vision of only wanting sancho on our right wing and nobody else despite two failed summers of trying to recruit him

Pep's Suit

City were interested two or so years ago but he didn't want to leave.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
He was already linked to City last year. I think its just a question of when/where he gets an offer from a bigger club. He isn't cheap, which is probably the reason why he isn't linked to more clubs already. He has a long contract and I don't think that he'll kick up fuss to pressure the club to sell him. His buy out is around 75m. Thats pretty steep in times of Corona and I think he might have to wait till things settle down before clubs are able to offer that.

Imo he is also not really a winger despite starting there. Over the seasons he tends to play more centrally. He reminds me a bit of Griezmann before joining Atletico. He is very effective, but not necessarily super flashy. The question top clubs might ask themselves is, if he can do the same when he has less freedom. Currently RSSS is build around him and the same won't be true if he plays for a CL contender.

Last edited:

Ibi Dreams

I got him on PES thinking he was a fake player and he became amazing on it, was surprised to find out a while ago that he's actually real!