Mike's Sheep Draft SF - Enigma vs. Zlatan

With players playing at their career peak, who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz

Enigma Tactics

Formation:
4-2-3-1
Style:
Quick transitions. Recover the ball quickly, start counters and aim for the goal. Utilize the wings.

Player Profiles:
GK: Pat Jennings
- compete keeper. Commanding in the air and great reflexes.
LB: Jose Antonio Camacho - balanced full back.
RB: Djalma Santos - defensive full back.
CB: Elias Figueroa - ball playing complete defender, start attacks from the back.
CB: Sol Campbell - physical stopper.
DM/CM: Bastian Schweinsteiger - defensive holder. Protect the back four and link the defence with midfield.
CM/B2B: Michael Essien - defensive B2B. Keep things compact and simple with his passing game and link midfield and attack.
AM/Free role: - Pele - in his natural role. Playing off Batistuta, but also dropping deep to initiate attacks.
LW: Ronaldinho - left winger and wide playmaker.
RW: Garrincha - right winger, use his pace and trickery to create numerical advantage.
CF: Gabriel Batistuta - center forward. Pressure the defenders, first line of defence and put the ball in the net.

Defence: Compact defence bossed by Figueroa. Djalma will provide cover at the back and free Garrincha to do his thing.

Midfield: Schweinsteiger will act as a holder and launch quick counters looking for Pele or the wings, whilst providing protection for the back four. Essien in his peak Chelsea days will act as a defensive B2B, covering every blade of grass, but also keeping it simple in the middle with his quick and accurate short passing game.

Attack: Blend of creativity, trickery, pace and deadly finishing ability, the attach has it all with Joga Bonito oomph of Ronaldinho, Garrincha and Pele providing the ammo for one of the best finishers in Batistuta. Pele / Garrincha is a proven combo that didn't lost a single game playing together(40 games for the national team). The attack is sum of parts that everyone brings something to the table without overlapping in their roles.

Key Strengths: Garrincha and Djalma Santos is a proven combo and probably the best right flank in history. To add to that Pele steps up to form a devastating Brazil trio just behind one of the greatest finishers in the game in Batistuta. Pele is in his natural free role hovering between the lines would utilize the space between opposition defence and midfield. Pele, Garrincha and Ronaldinho is a terrific platform for Batistuta to shine and will provide him a lot of chances. The defensive line is marshalled by one of the best defenders in history in Figueroa alongside a physical stopper in Campbell who is elite defender himself. Both full backs are one of the most outstanding markers and defensively sound full backs in the game. The team doesn't have a weak spot with the inclusion of Bastian Schweinsteiger. A midfield duo of Schweinsteiger and Essien can hold its own against pretty much every opposition.

Zlatan Tactics

I’m sticking with 442.
2 hard working wingers in bale and becks, both willing to track back, put a shift in and both can put in some amazing crosses that MVB will head in for fun.

Cantona uptop with MVB will be able to drop off and spread the play or use his little flicks to find MVB.

Again, 2 hard working midfielders, Dunga staying back more and being the wall in front of the defence, allowing seedorf to venture forward when the space opens up for him.

Upgraded Two full backs, one a goat

Upgraded centre back to Desailly

Aaaand if you do get past those, Barthez in goals, a cat of a shot stopper which isn’t always needed if his fake offside claims are believed.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I did think of changing formation to a 532 or something to try and deal with your attack but knew it’d be pointless anyway so stuck with my 442 as I quite like it myself.

great team enigma

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
I did think of changing formation to a 532 or something to try and deal with your attack but knew it’d be pointless anyway so stuck with my 442 as I quite like it myself.

great team enigma
Nah, the 442 is so much better. Love it and can see them fighting it tooth and nail.

Still think Enigma wins it, but no shame losing to that team at this point with Pele added.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Enigma's front line :lol: great team.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I’d say my defence and midfield, possibly keeper are all better but one look at that front line and that’s all that matters I suppose.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I’d say my defence and midfield, possibly keeper are all better but one look at that front line and that’s all that matters I suppose.
I'd definitely pick Enigma's defence over yours. And probably Essien/Schweiny over Dunga/Seedorf, although this is close.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
As much as I like Zlatan's setup (all the more so after massive FB improvements), this can go only one way.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
swap the midfield pairs and it wouldnt surprise me if zlatan nicks this

Enigma_87

You know who

great team enigma
Cheers mate.

Yeah the focal point of the team is definitely the attack, although pretty happy with everyone in the first 11 really.

You had an excellent base and managed to fill the two holes at full back positions in the last round.