Mikkel Damsgaard

Chief123

I know it’s a random bump, but what happened to this kid? He was a sensation at the Euros last summer.

I can see he played very little last season for Sampdoria. 0 goals 0 assists in 11 appearances.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Plays for Sampdoria - not much good for your career these days.

Thepinhead

I know it’s a random bump, but what happened to this kid? He was a sensation at the Euros last summer.

I can see he played very little last season for Sampdoria. 0 goals 0 assists in 11 appearances.
He got a knee injury that took half a year to recover from. He just came back at the end of the season.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Was going to post the same thing about his injury. He's got potential: he's clever, good dribbler and works hard.

ROFLUTION

wasnt just an injury, it was arthritis in the muscles of some sort (rheumatic arthritis) - so thats what set him back, not a regular injury. He’s has had a hard time just gaining weight and might have to take medicine the rest of his life (was already skinny before the disease)

He’s been through dark times, but its beginning to lighten up. Looked fine for Denmark in the latest friendlies, his focus is probably to be in good shape for the World Cup and just play regularly for now. Sampdoria isn’t a great place to be for him imo, but right now is not the time to step up to a big club.

Sea-Cow

He was quality during the Euros. I am hoping he goes on to have a successful career.

Onerealunited

He had a knee injury which has kept him out for a long time. He got an infection later and it worsened the issue. Hopefully he’ll be back, he is very talented. They have very high hopes for him in Denmark

Jacob

At 24, Neves has a Neanderthal hairline and still looks about 15 years older than he is.
Lying in bed having a giggle at the bolded text whilst looking at the picture :lol:

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I watched something about this, I think on BT Sport. It was actually something that was bothering him for a while. He couldn’t last a full match either and it was evident during the euros. His legs and muscles ached continuously and there wasn’t any real diagnosis given.

He was admitted to hospital as it worsened and they completed a full check up and they noted an aggressive arthritis which is very unusual for his age and why it was not considered previously.

They have completed experimental surgery and treatment and it appears to work well but they believed it would be very unlikely he will have a long career. Hopefully he does though.

redmeister

Not sure how good he'll prove to be, but I'm pretty confident his hariline doesn't have a bright future.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Pinched from the transfer tweet thread shamelessly.

Surprised at this
I’m guessing Thomas Frank + the big amount of current Danes at the club swayed it

TheReligion

Abusive
I’m guessing Thomas Frank + the big amount of current Danes at the club swayed it
The Eriksen replacement?

Think he’s stalled in Italy (due to injury?) so be interesting to see how he goes. After the Euros he was hot property!

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Very excited to see him in the PL. He had some absolute majestic performances for Denmark so hope he can pick up form after being plagued by injuries for most of last season.

Chief123

Bumping this thread got him a move to Brentford. :lol:

Chief123

Not sure how good he'll prove to be, but I'm pretty confident his hariline doesn't have a bright future.
Yeah he’s defo going bald before 30 :lol: It’s about as prosperous as Berbatov’s and Kanes.

Abraxas

He was certainly catching the eye for Denmark with his technique.

Will be interesting to see if he's one of those guys that just has a random impressive international tournament.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The Eriksen replacement?

Think he’s stalled in Italy (due to injury?) so be interesting to see how he goes. After the Euros he was hot property!
Sampdoria was a very bad fit for him, very difficult to shine for a player like him, but yeah, he's also been unlucky with injuries.

ROFLUTION

He was certainly catching the eye for Denmark with his technique.

Will be interesting to see if he's one of those guys that just has a random impressive international tournament.
He's very "light" physically, so that part would at first sight seem to be a problem, specifically coming back from his illness where he has a hard time gaining weight and lost a lot of weight.

Needs to overcompensate by cleverness and skilfulness, so wouldn't expect insane results instantly.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Sampdoria was a very bad fit for him, very difficult to shine for a player like him, but yeah, he's also been unlucky with injuries.
Not sure about Brentford either. But then, Brentford never signs duds. So could turn out as a brilliant signing.

Mike Smalling

Will be interesting to see how the does in the Premier League. He has a pretty slight build, so might get overpowered a bit in the middle of the park. Honestly, I think he is the type of player that is better suited for the Serie A or La Liga.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Doesn’t he have progressive arthritis?

He is clearly some talent but his setbacks have been horrendous. I’d love to see him develop into the talent he is clearly capable of becoming.