Milk Cup 2014

FromTheBench

Expect Rashford to really kick on this season too. Especially now he seems to have grown a bit.

Mickson

I think all academies or most anyway have a black boot only policy until they make a first team appearance or a professional contract, not sure which one.
I thought that was a Fergie-thing, but okey. Great to see anyway! /from someone who playes with pink boots.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
If anyone stumbles upon last night's highlights, be sure to post a link.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
FYI - Axel Tuanzebe had a knock on his knee which is why he didn't play last night. Nothing serious but no need to risk it.

Line up tonight via JB - Henderson, Williams, Borthwick-Jackson, Tuanzebe, Borg, Scott, Thompson, Gribbin, Mitchell, Dearnley, Rashford

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Rashford having a pretty good tournament. Thank god he signed a three year pro deal.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Gotta love Gribbin and his through balls. The England u16s coach said he is the best English player of his age group along with the brilliant Marcus Edwards.

khoazany

The MUFC Academy ‏@mrmujac 1m
Formation tonight…Rashford up top, Dearnley right and Mitchell left (swapping) and Cal just behind…Scott and Thompson the two CM…flat back 4

The MUFC Academy ‏@mrmujac 2m
Charlie Scott having an excellent tournament playing in front of defence…underrated player @DFMilkCup #MilkCup #mufc

Looks like Rashford will play upfront a bit this season.The growth spurt certainly helped in the physical side.

bdecuc

Looking forward to seeing more of Gribbin. He's really stood out in the few times I've seen him - only in that Slovakian tournament last year and in the Victory Shield... Presumably he'll feature fairly regularly for the u-18s this year?

mo0

Gotta love Gribbin and his through balls. The England u16s coach said he is the best English player of his age group along with the brilliant Marcus Edwards.
got a link, per chance?

our U16 (now U17) MF is pretty stacked with CM talents. Manchester City's Patching pretty brilliant too.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
got a link, per chance?

our U16 (now U17) MF is pretty stacked with CM talents. Manchester City's Patching pretty brilliant too.
No. Either the commentator or the co-commentator for the Victory Shield game against NI said the coach had singled out Gribbin and Edwards as the ones to watch.

bleedred

Anyone see the fight between NI and Mexico!? :eek:

Rashford's goal was very nice
I think there is some bad blood between the sides after last years final. If I remember ,Mexico had a player sent off last year as well and were time wasting so much after taking a lead very late in the match.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
That Mexico fella trying to kick the guy in the head should get a lengthy ban. Shocking.

one340

That Mexico fella trying to kick the guy in the head should get a lengthy ban. Shocking.
True, but to be fair If i was grabbed from behind and slammed down I'd get right back up make sure to give the man a beating. Although I think he only saw red and kicked the wrong dude because the guy who slammed him drifted away from what I saw

Sid234

True, but to be fair If i was grabbed from behind and slammed down I'd get right back up make sure to give the man a beating. Although I think he only saw red and kicked the wrong dude because the guy who slammed him drifted away from what I saw
That's not an excuse for trying to kill someone! There was a very good chance what he did could have been career ending at the very least if not lethal!

one340

That's not an excuse for trying to kill someone! There was a very good chance what he did could have been career ending at the very least if not lethal!
The kick to the head is far and He shouldn't have done that but what i'm saying is you can't expect a non-reaction to what was done to him either