Mino Raiola Appreciation Thread

edgar allan

Pogba has the talent and social media presence to be the undisputed star for any team in the world apart from three, and should he choose to go to Juventus or Barca he won't have to wait long to be the top man there either since both Ronnie and Messi are nearing retirement.

What Manchester United offer him that he can't get as much or more of at another club? I can only think of one thing - rain. Raiola knows this and obviously wants a payday for himself and his client. If I was a world class talent that just played a major part in a World Cup win and was looking to make the most of my career there are quite a few clubs I would be looking at ahead of United. That's just the reality of the situation here.
He has a world class ego on his books for sure.
There is no doubt that Pogba would be more suited to a career in Spain, it's clear he doesn't have the fight to be a success in the PL. A Barcelona Team where he could strut around the pitch as he wishes would be a better fit for sure.

Canagel

There is no doubt that Pogba would be more suited to a career in Spain, it's clear he doesn't have the fight to be a success in the PL. A Barcelona Team where he could strut around the pitch as he wishes would be a better fit for sure.
A Barcelona team that challenges for trophies. I'd want to be a part of that too. Spanish teams have had complete control in European competitions for the past decade. Last season we got knocked out by a 5th place or 6th place team in La Liga. It's not as weak as you think.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This is complete bs. He wasn't doing that at Juve or for France at the world cup.
Also he isn't the only player at United underperforming, in fact the club has more underperforming players than performing which should tell you something at least.
There is no point scapegoating a particular player, but it always happens which is unfortunate.
Last week Pogba was a hero for coming back and playing after no real rest or training vs Leicester, now he is the enemy.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Pogba has the talent and social media presence to be the undisputed star for any team in the world apart from three, and should he choose to go to Juventus or Barca he won't have to wait long to be the top man there either since both Ronnie and Messi are nearing retirement.

What Manchester United offer him that he can't get as much or more of at another club? I can only think of one thing - rain. Raiola knows this and obviously wants a payday for himself and his client. If I was a world class talent that just played a major part in a World Cup win and was looking to make the most of my career there are quite a few clubs I would be looking at ahead of United. That's just the reality of the situation here.
He wouldn't be the 'undisputed star' at PSG, Manchester City, Chelsea, Spurs, Atletico, Liverpool or Bayern. He's not undisputably a better player than any of Neymar, Mbappe, Kane, Hazard, Griezmann, De Bruyne, Salah or a number of Bayern players who are on his level.

I rate Pogba, and think he can be easily one of the best midfielders in the world, but this is overrating his ability. He's a fantastic central midfielder but his 'social media' presence won't make up for the fact that he'll never be the star in a team with a world class attacking talent, which most of the top clubs in the world possess. A cool hairstyle and the odd dab do not make you a footballing icon, he's not a Zidane level talent who can light it up from midfield, just a very good CM, his performances for France at the World Cup were good partly because he wasn't the star of the show, but performed his role to perfection. Mbappe was the unquestioned star.

edgar allan

This is complete bs. He wasn't doing that at Juve or for France at the world cup.
Also he isn't the only player at United underperforming, in fact the club has more underperforming players than performing which should tell you something at least.
There is no point scapegoating a particular player, but it always happens which is unfortunate.
Last week Pogba was a hero for coming back and playing after no real rest or training vs Leicester, now he is the enemy.
Yes he raised his game and put the effort in during the knock out games of the WL, we know he can do it when he is motivated. However we see more of the shirt waving Pogba when things aren't going our way than the WL Pogba.

el3mel

He's a cnut, but this is why he is really strong in nowadays market tbh. As long as he's on our side we're good. The problem will be if he decided to turn the tables on us some years later.
Came faster than I expected I see.

edgar allan

A Barcelona team that challenges for trophies. I'd want to be a part of that too. Spanish teams have had complete control in European competitions for the past decade. Last season we got knocked out by a 5th place or 6th place team in La Liga. It's not as weak as you think.
No expert on Spanish football but i suggest the gap between the top 5/6 and the rest is much greater than in the PL. My point is that for his style of play would be better suited to the Spanish leagues.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Sorry to burst your bubble but apart from having good hair and being a good dancer, PP is not much good. Especially not unless he has Kante and Mbappe in the team with him. We should show him and his scumbag agent the door. I now fully understand why Fergie did this first time round.

Smithy_123

Mino Railoa is a cnut, no doubt about it. But I very much doubt he does anything with consulting Pogba first. He's the mouthpiece of Pogba.

Smores

Mino Railoa is a cnut, no doubt about it. But I very much doubt he does anything with consulting Pogba first. He's the mouthpiece of Pogba.
I'm pretty sure he does, an agent like him is employed so that his clients don't have to think of these things.

Beaucoup

If Pogba did go to Barcelona, Raiola would soon be mouthing off about wanting to move him to Madrid, it's what he does.

RedDevil5

At the end of the day, if Pogba hasn't fired him over comments like he made on Twitter recently, he's fine with him representing him and speaking for him. Remember last year we found out Mino offered him to City and/or other clubs? Mino never denied that if I recall correctly, and Pogba would've fired him IMO if he thought Mino was acting against his wishes.

I think Pogba wants out to be honest, as sad as that is.

Smores

The poster you replied to clearly wasn't scapegoating him but pointing out a poor individual performance. Why isn't that allowed because others were poor?

He played well vs Leicester and poorly vs Brighton and as per his own words with a poor attitude. That's on Pogba, a weeks worth of bad coaching didn't make him forget the basics.

If his agent keeps talking him up like this then he needs to put in big performances. Or he could just tell his agent to shut it.

Cassidy

The poster you replied to clearly wasn't scapegoating him but pointing out a poor individual performance. Why isn't that allowed because others were poor?

He played well vs Leicester and poorly vs Brighton and as per his own words with a poor attitude. That's on Pogba, a weeks worth of bad coaching didn't make him forget the basics.

If his agent keeps talking him up like this then he needs to put in big performances. Or he could just tell his agent to shut it.
No he said he clearly doesn't have the fight to be a success in the PL, thats not critiquing a poor individual performance. If you want to defend someone at least read what they say first.

Anyway my general point was if all the players are not doing the basics at United, then that sounds like a systemic issue rather than an issue with a particular player. We can bury our head in the sand and pretend we don't have a problem and focus on blaming Pogba if we want to. It won't solve anything once he is sold, the same way it didn't solve anything when we replaced Mhiki with Sanchez

There is no issue with saying Pogba was poor, I've said it myself. Saying he isn't cut out for the PL is another thing all together.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Mino is doing what Mino does best ie protect his player. If Pogba wants out he will leave, there's no beating around the bush on that one. The best thing we can do is to find an adequate settlement for us, possibly enough money to bring in a top replacement to him. If Pogba is fed up of the manager and others think that as well then Mou should be on his way out instead.

Justin Bieber

On one hand I want to say that if Pogba doesn't condemn the behaviour of his agent then he's clearly not happy here and should feck off and on the other hand I don't want to be relying on Scot McTominay for a season.

Either way this is a mess.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Utter crap of a tweet by the fat feck.

Scholes did not say anything wrong, Pogba was very good against Leicester and terrible against Brighton. Not vocal, not communicating with the other midfielders enough, waving his hands in despair every time he loses the ball (which was most of the match), not giving the forwards the incredible through balls/long balls he usually gives, he looked jaded throughout the game.

Raiola decides to attack Scholes for that. Scholes is a United legend, he knows Pogba is a special talent, all he's saying that he's so inconsistent because you cannot go from great to bad in one game. Now fans and readers will be drawn into a Scholes Vs Pogba debate (as we already are). Pogba should sack this feck if he really cares about his relationship with the fans and this club.
You cannot have an agent trying to play hard ball with Manchester United, it never happened before and should never happen in the future.

In the game Vs Brighton, you would have expected the captain to push his teammates to try and create something, we got our second goal via a penalty in extra time.

Feck Raiola and feck Pogba for sticking with such a cnut.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Mino is doing what Mino does best ie protect his player. If Pogba wants out he will leave, there's no beating around the bush on that one. The best thing we can do is to find an adequate settlement for us, possibly enough money to bring in a top replacement to him. If Pogba is fed up of the manager and others think that as well then Mou should be on his way out instead.
And how long before Pogba is fed up with a new manager and he does same thing?

sam147

Supported Pogba so far but its gone to far. His agent publicly being sarcastic talking about finding a new club. If he doesnt get sacked then bench Pogba. Matic with Fred and Pereira ahead of him. Sick of it. Sell Pogba in January and buy Savic. Also make up your mind about Jose. Get a DOF asap let him vet new potential managers and at the end of the season sack Jose. No point keeping him here if the club doesn't want to invest in older players. Bring in Jardim someone who fits with the glazers buy young plan and have resale value. The clubs a shambles. This is what happens with investment bankers in charge. Jose leaked a few PSG rumours and we ran to give him a new contract. Acting on instinct. How can someone be so naive. Woodward needs to grow a pair.

devilish

And how long before Pogba is fed up with a new manager and he does same thing?
That is why I've said "If other top players think that as well". Believe it or not we wont drag ourselves out of this hole cause donkeys like Lingard, Fellaini and mctominay believe in the boss. We would need players like Pogba, Ddg and Martial to do that. If the 2-3 top players we have are unhappy or want to leave because of mou then the manager need to go. He hasnt justified anything for us to stick to him instead of a 100m-200m investment

Smores

If he's fed up with the manager what exactly is the difference between the two performances? He took issue some time midweek and decided he wasn't going to bother this weekend?

I think we've made enough excuses for him, if he can't deliver basic levels its on him and him only.

devilish

If he's fed up with the manager what exactly is the difference between the two performances? He took issue some time midweek and decided he wasn't going to bother this weekend?

I think we've made enough excuses for him, if he can't deliver basic levels its on him and him only.
Look mate im in the dark as much as you are, that is why im tackling different scenarios

::sonny::

Supported Pogba so far but its gone to far. His agent publicly being sarcastic talking about finding a new club. If he doesnt get sacked then bench Pogba. Matic with Fred and Pereira ahead of him. Sick of it. Sell Pogba in January and buy Savic. Also make up your mind about Jose. Get a DOF asap let him vet new potential managers and at the end of the season sack Jose. No point keeping him here if the club doesn't want to invest in older players. Bring in Jardim someone who fits with the glazers buy young plan and have resale value. The clubs a shambles. This is what happens with investment bankers in charge. Jose leaked a few PSG rumours and we ran to give him a new contract. Acting on instinct. How can someone be so naive. Woodward needs to grow a pair.
This, agreed 100%

Cassidy

Yet we are blowing our fuse about Pogba and Riola.

I agree though Woodward needs to grow some balls

Neo_Mufc

The most damaging aspect of those tweets is that whether directly stated or not Mino is demonstrating that he is not happy with anyone criticising his client when realistically an agent should have no say on the footballing side.

Why does Paul need his agent to speak up on his behalf? Can't he do it himself or yet why bring more negativity at a time when we don't need it.

Doesn't matter who you are, criticism is part of the package of being a footballer.

Just smells like he's fishing his line and waiting for a club to hook and get him out.

maizan2502

Mino does not publish this tweet without (egoistic) practical reasons. He hopes that Utd will want to get rid of Pogba after all the commotion that is going to keep building up, like in a clogged drain pipe. Thus, the asked transfer price will be at least somewhat lower, which means that Mino will have more options in the market coming next January (--> better deals for himself).

Dismember

I think expecting Pogba to sack Raiola is kind of delusional. Just to give you an example, Donarrumma is a Milan youth player, who at the age of just 17 Milan gave him place in the starting lineup, and from that point onwards everyone in Milan glorified him despite him making many mistakes that cost Milan several games. Milan insisted on using him and helping him grow even if getting an average older keeper who is safer and less rash guarantees better results. He grew on Milan's expense and became a hero at the age of 17. When Raiola saw that Donnarruma had just one year left on his contract, he blackmailed Milan, in the end forcing Milan to raise his salary to 6 million , approximately 12 million with Italian tax. He doesnt deserve even half of that at that age, regardless of his potential. Donnarrumma played along completely and even teased Milan fans and the club in the process. At such a young age being a hero, to blackmail your team that is already in deep financial shit and having all their hopes on you is sly to say the least... so imagine what Pogba would do, and he isnt a club hero for United or anything. If I remember correctly, Pogba, out of nowhere, even tweeted in defense of Raiola in the donarruma incident ! This is something no player usually does particularly when its not him involved.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Raiola runs his agency like a family operation. Hate him all you want but the players under his thumb are all loyal to him as he is to them.

Clubs are a business. Agencies that represent players are a business. Football is a business.

If you are turned off by all this, then don't watch. No one is forcing you to turn on the tv or go to games.

hungrywing

I think expecting Pogba to sack Raiola is kind of delusional. Just to give you an example, Donarrumma is a Milan youth player, who at the age of just 17 Milan gave him place in the starting lineup, and from that point onwards everyone in Milan glorified him despite him making many mistakes that cost Milan several games. Milan insisted on using him and helping him grow even if getting an average older keeper who is safer and less rash guarantees better results. He grew on Milan's expense and became a hero at the age of 17. When Raiola saw that Donnarruma had just one year left on his contract, he blackmailed Milan, in the end forcing Milan to raise his salary to 6 million , approximately 12 million with Italian tax. He doesnt deserve even half of that at that age, regardless of his potential. Donnarrumma played along completely and even teased Milan fans and the club in the process. At such a young age being a hero, to blackmail your team that is already in deep financial shit and having all their hopes on you is sly to say the least... so imagine what Pogba would do, and he isnt a club hero for United or anything. If I remember correctly, Pogba, out of nowhere, even tweeted in defense of Raiola in the donarruma incident ! This is something no player usually does particularly when its not him involved.
I wonder how many of his clients have been with him since their teenage years.

zing

Zingle balls
Guy who manages some contracts mouthing off against Paul Scholes. Absolute joke.

beedoubleyou

Raiola runs his agency like a family operation. Hate him all you want but the players under his thumb are all loyal to him as he is to them.

Clubs are a business. Agencies that represent players are a business. Football is a business.

If you are turned off by all this, then don't watch. No one is forcing you to turn on the tv or go to games.
Sure, but surely it's possible to accept this and still hope that the fat cnut dies in a fire, bubbling away in his own abundant juices. No?

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Sure, but surely it's possible to accept this and still hope that the fat cnut dies in a fire, bubbling away in his own abundant juices. No?
None of my business why Pogba chose this particular cnut to represent him, but he's a cnut that the club has to deal with - not you or me.
You can still enjoy football by supporting your local amateur (or lower division) side; sure, it's not the big names you're used to, but its still football nonetheless.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The man at the top sets the tone for the whole club. Football is weird in that there are often two, the Chief Exec/chairman and the manager. The entire atmosphere around our club is contentious and toxic and there are only two people who can take the blame for that. Mourinho is leader by exception. Largely interacting to point out the negatives in your performance. Very transactional. Ed I have no idea. Doesn’t speak publicly much.

But whatbthis club needs is some strong transformational leadership to inspire everyone working there to go beyond their limits and be the best of who they are. Ferguson has done seminars on transformational leadership at top Universities. Klopp and Guardiola have all the Hallmarks of transformational leaders.

This club is going nowhere until we have some transformational leadership at both an executive and coaching level. All the rest of this shit is just noise. Peripheral nonsense caused by the uncontrolled, petulant toxic atmosphere prevalent every day.

Players, manager, chairman all briefing against each other through the media and social platforms. It is pathetic and beyond the pale for an institution as grand as Manchester United.

I, for one, am absolutely appalled at the state of our club. It’s a circus in the worst possible way, because the drama isn’t even accompanied with a sense of ruthlessness and demand for the absolute highest standards on the pitch. Unlike say Madrid, where the circus rolls on vacuuming in trophy after trophy.

In Rainbows

The most damaging aspect of those tweets is that whether directly stated or not Mino is demonstrating that he is not happy with anyone criticising his client when realistically an agent should have no say on the footballing side.

Why does Paul need his agent to speak up on his behalf? Can't he do it himself or yet why bring more negativity at a time when we don't need it.

Doesn't matter who you are, criticism is part of the package of being a footballer.

Just smells like he's fishing his line and waiting for a club to hook and get him out.
Pogba doesn't need his agent to speak up, but his agent will do so because he's loyal to the player to the detriment of the club. I see no reason to fault Pogba here. It's not like he told him to speak up. We as a fanbase can't confuse Pogba, with Raiola. It's unrealistic for a player to sack his agent for sticking up for him and for trying to make the player the most amount of money. Yes, he's putting Pogba in a position where fans will criticize him and that sucks for him, but Raiola is creating an us or them situation.

Back Pogba, but criticize Raiola. There should be no division amongst fans and Pogba. That's the best way to counter Raiola as then Pogba won't see Raiola as the only person solely loyal to himself and also it won't create a siege mentality with player and agent.

Laurentiu amt

People will never understand this side of the story, never. They;ll go with the classic: THey're paid 300K a week, they should perform, they earn too much etc. lol

hungrywing

The man at the top sets the tone for the whole club. Football is weird in that there are often two, the Chief Exec/chairman and the manager. The entire atmosphere around our club is contentious and toxic and there are only two people who can take the blame for that. Mourinho is leader by exception. Largely interacting to point out the negatives in your performance. Very transactional. Ed I have no idea. Doesn’t speak publicly much.

But whatbthis club needs is some strong transformational leadership to inspire everyone working there to go beyond their limits and be the best of who they are. Ferguson has done seminars on transformational leadership at top Universities. Klopp and Guardiola have all the Hallmarks of transformational leaders.

This club is going nowhere until we have some transformational leadership at both an executive and coaching level. All the rest of this shit is just noise. Peripheral nonsense caused by the uncontrolled, petulant toxic atmosphere prevalent every day.

Players, manager, chairman all briefing against each other through the media and social platforms. It is pathetic and beyond the pale for an institution as grand as Manchester United.

I, for one, am absolutely appalled at the state of our club. It’s a circus in the worst possible way, because the drama isn’t even accompanied with a sense of ruthlessness and demand for the absolute highest standards on the pitch. Unlike say Madrid, where the circus rolls on vacuuming in trophy after trophy.
TBF, most sports have the bolded part. GM and Manager.