Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Gungerz

Freedman playing for United & then Everton is funny. I'm pretty sure he's a Liverpool fan and he's even the grandson of the late Ray Clemence.

KevinJoh

Why would we gave debut to Abraha in U18 and release him on the same day?

Demaw

Can anyone do a left to right of the picture of the players, thanks.

khoazany

Why would we gave debut to Abraha in U18 and release him on the same day?
We didn't *release him on the same day*. The decision to not offer him scholarship has been informed and known for a while. This was simply the last game of the season for the U16s.

Last edited:

khoazany

Looks a strong group. We've already seen a good few of them at U18 level.

Presumably a new striker will be one of the signings as we look a little light in that department?
We are short of striker and right back in that age group. After that will be either a midfielder (we have Bailey and Ibragimov but no number 6) or winger (we have Mantato and Thwaites can play there as well).

It's a relatively small intake at this point, presumably to balance the huge intake last year.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
We are short of striker and right back in that age group. After that will be either a midfielder (we have Bailey and Ibragimov but no number 6) or winger (we have Mantato and Thwaites can play there as well).

It's a relatively small intake at this point, presumably to balance the huge intake last year.
We’ve got Devaney and Fitzgerald.

Gungerz

Suspect it'll be Arsenal in the national final. They're back-to-back champs, beating us in last year's final.

They also beat Nottingham Forest 16-0 today :eek:

top1whoisman

Scout
JJ scored the winner from the spot in extra time. Oh and Darlington Osuchukwu is still a tall lad :eek:

Last edited:

Prodigal7

Suspect it'll be Arsenal in the national final. They're back-to-back champs, beating us in last year's final.

They also beat Nottingham Forest 16-0 today :eek:
They have Max Dowman in this age group who's posting a goal contribution per game at U18 level. Which is outrageous. Doubt he'll play for their U14s again though.

top1whoisman

Scout
Kai Rooney scored the other one, so it’s the same duo responsible for the goals both in the semi-final and the final.

Gungerz

Another trophy this weekend as the U10s won all 12 of their games out in Germany to win the Stralau Cup.

Bertie Wooster

This also pretty much confirms next year's scholar intake:

Dan Armer, James Bailey, Godwill Kukonki, Fred Heath, Albert Mills, Dante Plunkett, Cameron Byrne-Hughes, Bendito Mantato, Amir Ibragimov, Jim Thwaites + any new signings.

Also worth noting the Nkoto brothers are pictured here & have been permanent fixtures with the U16s, so they may well move up to the 18s as well.
What positions are they? I've seen one who I think was a CM.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Rooney's kid really has a good scoring record for u14. Really nice to see.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Rooney's kid really has a good scoring record for u14. Really nice to see.
If he's anything like his old man he's probably quite physically developed of course but I'd love to see him break through in a few years.

Demaw

This also pretty much confirms next year's scholar intake:

Dan Armer, James Bailey, Godwill Kukonki, Fred Heath, Albert Mills, Dante Plunkett, Cameron Byrne-Hughes, Bendito Mantato, Amir Ibragimov, Jim Thwaites + any new signings.

Also worth noting the Nkoto brothers are pictured here & have been permanent fixtures with the U16s, so they may well move up to the 18s as well.
Hi guys, to me, this group looks outstanding in talent? Am I right in saying this? Anyone have any info on them?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If he's anything like his old man he's probably quite physically developed of course but I'd love to see him break through in a few years.
Fletcher, Carrick and Rooney in our team hopefully four five years down the line(hopefully).

lysglimt

Scout
Yeah he should make his debut for us during the spring of 2026 :) (if he is just like his dad)