g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Majid Balogun seems to have confirmed his departure with the modern classic of removing the United tag from his instagram bio.

lysglimt

Scout
Arsenal trying to field a side with double-names ? And add Sweet Heaven to that

top1whoisman

Scout
30'

3-0 Cozier-Duberry.

Looks like the competitive season for the U21s is coming to an end. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few friendlies arranged, to keep some players' match sharpness up etc.

Gungerz

What a suprise. We play well against both Spurs & Southampton with the younger players but then decide to revert back to the older ones and get battered.

top1whoisman

Scout
What a suprise. We play well against both Spurs & Southampton with the younger players but then decide to revert back to the older ones and get battered.
Yep. Although I do kind of understand that they want to build some momentum for the U18s before the final. Get some of them playing together etc.

top1whoisman

Scout
FT 6-2

Biancheri with the late consolation.

It’s been an underwhelming season for the U21s but at least they finished it in an honourable manner. :p

Gungerz

The emergence of some of the U18s has been encouraging but in general a pretty poor season. Expect a lot of change in the squad over the summer.

Bertie Wooster

Awful effort.

I was expecting a defeat, but thought / hoped we'd compete better than the contest being as good as over by half an hour, and definitely over by HT.

Only consolation of course is that all the ones more likely to make the first team squad weren't selected - either because they're already in it, or they're still mainly U18's. Only Ethan Williams from that starting XI is one I have any hopes for as I rate him - though I'm not too confident he'll get a chance either.

Gungerz

Confirmation of the U16s who are leaving/have been released: Rory Leech, Freddie Freedman, Majid Balogun, Siem Eyob-Abraha, Nathaniel Mapengu

Gungerz

Confirmation of the U16s who are leaving/have been released: Rory Leech, Freddie Freedman, Majid Balogun, Siem Eyob-Abraha, Nathaniel Mapengu

This also pretty much confirms next year's scholar intake:

Dan Armer, James Bailey, Godwill Kukonki, Fred Heath, Albert Mills, Dante Plunkett, Cameron Byrne-Hughes, Bendito Mantato, Amir Ibragimov, Jim Thwaites + any new signings.

Also worth noting the Nkoto brothers are pictured here & have been permanent fixtures with the U16s, so they may well move up to the 18s as well.

Last edited:

Bertie Wooster

Having read all these threads and followed the Youth tournament's, etc, then I've obviously heard of all 5 that are leaving, and know their positions, but I don't know too much about their ability.

Being attacking players, Majid Balogun and Siem Eyob-Abraha were the two I'd heard most of - scoring goals in the lower age levels. Presumably they're all just being released by us, or have any of them rejecting a deal?

Bertie Wooster

This also pretty much confirms next year's scholar intake:

Dan Armer, James Bailey, Godwill Kukonki, Fred Heath, Albert Mills, Dante Plunkett, Cameron Byrne-Huhhes, Bendito Mantato, Amir Ibragimov, Jim Thwaites + any new signings.

Also worth noting the Nkoto brothers are pictured here & have been permanent fixtures with the U16s, so they may well move up to the 18s as well.
Looks a strong group. We've already seen a good few of them at U18 level.

Presumably a new striker will be one of the signings as we look a little light in that department?

Gungerz

Looks a strong group. We've already seen a good few of them at U18 level.

Presumably a new striker will be one of the signings as we look a little light in that department?
Yeah, striker is probably the priority but will be a tricky one to recruit. I think there's a good chance we bring in a CB as well. There's currently only 4 in the squad for next season (Munro, Armer, Mills & Kukonki).

Could also do with a winger but let's see how things play out this summer.

top1whoisman

Scout
Yeah, striker is probably the priority but will be a tricky one to recruit. I think there's a good chance we bring in a CB as well. There's currently only 4 in the squad for next season (Munro, Armer, Mills & Kukonki).

Could also do with a winger but let's see how things play out this summer.
Four CBs should be enough though, no? We had Jackson, Kingdon & Munro this season, with McAllister helping out when needed.

It looks like we’d definitely need a couple of attacking players as you said. Fortunately there are a few in the younger age groups.

Perhaps a RB too? Okoduwa is probably a pipe dream as he’s on the Wolves’ first team bench regularly.

Last edited:

cj_sparky

We'll never get Dougie Freedman now we've released his son.

Last edited:

Gungerz

Four CBs should be enough though, no? We had Jackson, Kingdon & Munro this season, with McAllister helping out when needed.

It looks like we’d definitely need a couple of attacking players as you said. Fortunately there are a few in the younger age groups.

Perhaps a RB too? Okoduwa is probably a pipe dream as he’s on the Wolves’ first team bench regularly.
You're right, 4 CBs probably is enough & there are a couple of good ones in next season's U16s who could step up.

As for Okoduwa, him being on Wolves' first-team bench is most likely down to Wolves being afraid of losing him. You regularly see clubs push players up like this to try and get them to stay by convincing them of the pathway. Whether it'll work who knows and then if he does leave, his signature will be a whole 'nother battle in itself.

top1whoisman

Scout
You're right, 4 CBs probably is enough & there are a couple of good ones in next season's U16s who could step up.

As for Okoduwa, him being on Wolves' first-team bench is most likely down to Wolves being afraid of losing him. You regularly see clubs push players up like this to try and get them to stay by convincing them of the pathway. Whether it'll work who knows and then if he does leave, his signature will be a whole 'nother battle in itself.
That’s true, you’re right. Happened with Amass too.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
[

Who's that absolute unit behind Abraha?

Armer?