Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

saik

Kind of expected really with so much rotation. Aren't most of them 16 year olds? Nice for to be in this situation to give some of the younger lads experience at the u18s level as the league's been already wrapped up.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Kind of expected really with so much rotation. Aren't most of them 16 year olds? Nice for to be in this situation to give some of the younger lads experience at the u18s level as the league's been already wrapped up.
Murdock 16

Nolan 18
Mills 16
Armer 16
Plunkett 16 (Kukonki 16)

Baumann 17
Fletcher 17

Mantato 16
Thwaites 16
Sharpe 18

Biancheri 17

Yeah, absolutely the right decision to use these fixtures before the final to bring in some of the younger lads and play most of the regular U18s in the PL2. What’s interesting to me is that we only used one sub.

top1whoisman

Scout
Our U13s won their Nationals group at St. George’s Park with two wins out of three. Including a 3-1 win vs Chelsea. We lost to Inter & beat Sunderland too. Looks like our new signing Lincoln Fagborun was part of the squad.

We face Liverpool in the semis tomorrow (kickoff 09:30 BST). Arsenal vs City in the other semi-final.

Last edited:

Gungerz

Good win when you consider half the U16s were playing with the 18s today.

Gungerz

Why are we not retaining Sieb Eyob-Abraha?
I've only seen a couple of full-matches of his so take this with a pinch of salt but the general impression I get, based off highlights, is that he relies heavily on his pace and maybe isn't particularly well-rounded at this moment in time.

I trust the club's decision making and I'm fairly sure we'll be in for a striker in the summer, especially if Balogun goes too.

Last edited:

Remember the geese

I've only seen a couple of full-matches of his so take this with a pinch of salt but the general impression I get, based off highlights, is that he relies heavily on his pace and maybe isn't particularly well-rounded at this moment in time.

I trust the club's decision making and I'm fairly sure we'll be in for a striker in the summer, especially if Balogun goes too.
Thanks for the response. I'm surprised because he's a player who seems to score quite frequently at that level. Though I agree, from what I have seen of him, a lot of his goals are very pace - orientated.

True, the club don't tend to make many mistakes in this regard.

Bertie Wooster

Murdock 16

Nolan 18
Mills 16
Armer 16
Plunkett 16 (Kukonki 16)

Baumann 17
Fletcher 17

Mantato 16
Thwaites 16
Sharpe 18

Biancheri 17

Yeah, absolutely the right decision to use these fixtures before the final to bring in some of the younger lads and play most of the regular U18s in the PL2. What’s interesting to me is that we only used one sub.
I hadn't realised Sharpe was 18 by now! He's always felt on the periphery of the squad - has he had lengthy injury issues or something?

What's happening with Sekou Kaba as well? I've just checked and he's over a year younger, so recently turned 17. But I never hear about him. Presumably he'll be with the U18's next year but how's he done with the U16's?

Bertie Wooster

The U13s beat Liverpool and face Man City in the Nationals Final. Kickoff 12:45 BST.
That's good news.

I know when we're losing "results don't matter", but it's always nice when we're getting the combination of player development and positive results. We seem to be in quite a good place all through the youth levels which is pleasing.

Gungerz

The U13s beat Liverpool and face Man City in the Nationals Final. Kickoff 12:45 BST.
Lost 4-0 in the final to City. Nonetheless, impressive to get that far.

We normally don't perform particularly well at these sort of tournaments. Our current first-years, who are of course doing so well now, finished second bottom at last year's nationals.

top1whoisman

Scout
Lost 4-0 in the final to City. Nonetheless, impressive to get that far.

We normally don't perform particularly well at these sort of tournaments. Our current first-years, who are of course doing so well now, finished second bottom at last year's nationals.
Yeah that’s a very good achievement regardless.

lysglimt

Scout
Was it Sharpe, Scanlon and Kaba we picked up from Derby ? In addiition Liverpool signed Kaide Gordon from Derby - they really lost some talented players in 12 or so months.

top1whoisman

Scout
Was it Sharpe, Scanlon and Kaba we picked up from Derby ? In addiition Liverpool signed Kaide Gordon from Derby - they really lost some talented players in 12 or so months.
Yes that’s correct. Omari Kellyman to Villa a year later too.

inflikted

Supports
Europa Point FC
Have to wonder if Altrincham would have benefitted from playing Aljofree against Bromley today.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Have to wonder if Altrincham would have benefitted from playing Aljofree against Bromley today.
You don’t really have to wonder too hard. He’s been on loan with them this season, last season, and iirc trained with them before that too. In that time he has made 1 appearance for them. He hasn’t been able to earn a single league appearance but you wonder if he would have been good enough to change a promotion play off match in their favour? The answer is no. He’s not particularly good at u21s level and Alty have seen him up close for 2-3 years now and have decided against giving him a single game in the league. You don’t do that if he was good enough.

top1whoisman

Scout
Wonder what MUTV’s excuse is for not showing the U21s game today. Anyway, the starting XI vs Southampton:

Harrison

Ogunneye
Jackson
Aljofree
Amass

McAllister
Curley

Forson
Mather
Williams

Wheatley

Subs: Kingdon, Murray, Devaney, Scanlon, McNeill

Nice to see Jackson, Amass and Wheatley get some much-needed game time. Strong young team overall.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Wonder what MUTV’s excuse is for not showing the U21s game today. Anyway, the starting XI vs Southampton:

Harrison

Ogunneye
Jackson
Aljofree
Amass

McAllister
Curley

Forson
Mather
Williams

Wheatley

Subs: Kingdon, Murray, Devaney, Scanlon, McNeill

Nice to see Jackson, Amass and Wheatley get some much-needed game time. Strong young team overall.
I’ve just come to accept it’s almost exclusively U18 coverage now.

Gungerz

Williams hit the bar just before off an amazing pass from Amass apparently.

top1whoisman

Scout
For those that watch Wheatley regularly, could he have an impact as a squad player for first team or not ready yet?
He needs to become stronger during the summer and he needs to learn how to use that frame of his to his advantage. If that happens there is a chance in my opinion.

saik

Does seem to finish well but so many havent translated that to senior football, hope he keeps his head down and works hard
Hasn't been always like that with his finishing though. Only recently, like from the last couple of months he has been scoring regularly. Seems to have taken @lysglimt's criticism seriously. ;)
Wheatley’s on fire at the minute
Yea, it's impressive to see how far he's come this season.

top1whoisman

Scout
Hasn't been always like that with his finishing though. Only recently, like from the last couple of months he has been scoring regularly. Seems to have taken @lysglimt's criticism seriously. ;)

Yea, it's impressive to see how far he's come this season.
Three goals in his first 111 minutes for the U18s this season. But I agree, he’s improved a lot.

saik

Three goals in his first 111 minutes for the U18s this season. But I agree, he’s improved a lot.
I've always liked him. He was just inconsistent when presented with chances. He seems to have improved on that now.