Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

RedKing91

Can someone who follows the youth rank the players? Top 10 talents from u21s to u12 by pure talent. And what happened to Charlie McNeil?

Last edited:

Demaw

I’ve been critical of our coaching at younger levels before but this was really encouraging. I especially like the way they are emphasising the off the ball game at a young age with every players pressing and duelling hard to get the ball back. That sort of mentality is so important nowadays.

Any other day and we could have won that. The lads should be really happy with themselves.
Absolutely agree, how good were these kids on the ball and their movement etc. Gee, it was a fun game to watch. I'd love to get some details on the CB Waters the captain. Someone mentioned he plays older but he truly looked 16/17 in an under 12 game. Love to know if he is local etc. For such a big kid, he had good awareness and technique. The 6 and 8 moved with the ball away from defenders so well. Also, the quality of penalties by United was superb. I was expecting a bit more from the youngest Ibra number 9 but he still had some good patches.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
It was a mix of 18s/21s. Mantato scored the winner in the 90th minute.

Starting XI was: Myles; Kamason, Jackson (c), Nolan, Amass; Devaney, Baumann; Missin, Curley, Ibragimov; Wheatley

Subs: Ogunneye, Aljofree, McAllister, Biancheri, Ennis, Harrison, Fredricson, Williams, Mantato, Thwaites, Fletcher

Imagine they swapped completely at half-time. Don't know which Fletcher that is but nice to see one of them back from injury.
Thanks for this. Any idea of squad numbers? I understand Ibragimov scored the first.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Sam Laurie, Peace Iyokho, Benjamin Houghton and Max Mallem were named in the best XI of the MIC Cup.

Barca had five players and Real one in the eleven.

Last edited:

Gungerz

Not that it really matters but Waters not being in there is pretty crazy.

top1whoisman

Scout
England U17 that could feature Amass, Lacey, Fitzgerald as well as at least one Fletcher, were drawn into quite an easy Euros group along with France, Portugal and Spain.

Bertie Wooster

The U21's play two games next week - on the Monday and Friday. There's no PL matches either night, but so far it only seems to say the Liverpool game on the Friday is on MUTV?

Would be disappointing if they don't also show the Brighton game on Monday as it doesn't clash with anything, and it's been such a rare thing to see any of their matches this season.

khoazany

Not that it really matters but Waters not being in there is pretty crazy.
Tbh I'm slightly more impressed with Laurie, reminds me of Fredricson somewhat. Waters are obviously physically dominant for this age so very "proactive" on the ball but are slightly awkward defensively for me. He does remind me a bit of McAllister though (in a good way) when Finley was the overage player we played in this competition few years ago. Very proactive and being a clear leader on the pitch, taking responsibilities.

Also think Houghton is a very good player that has been played slightly out of position.

Last edited:

Bertie Wooster

Tbh I'm slightly more impressed with Laurie, reminds me of Fredricson somewhat. Waters are obviously physically dominant for this age so very "proactive" on the ball but are slightly awkward defensively for me. He does remind me a bit of McAllister though (in a good way) when Finley was the overage player we played in this competition few years ago. Very proactive and being a clear leader on the pitch, taking responsibilities.

Also think Houghton is a very good player that has been played slightly out of position.
Was McAllister (and Waters this year?) overage players when they played at this tournament then?

Waters certainly looked it, of course, but I just assumed he was the same age group just much taller - was he playing down a level?

top1whoisman

Scout
The U21's play two games next week - on the Monday and Friday. There's no PL matches either night, but so far it only seems to say the Liverpool game on the Friday is on MUTV?

Would be disappointing if they don't also show the Brighton game on Monday as it doesn't clash with anything, and it's been such a rare thing to see any of their matches this season.
Seems like they’ve updated it now, Brighton game also live on MUTV.

Last edited:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Anyone know what Gore's injury is? Was just wondering how he was getting on at Port Vale but he's still only made the one appearance by the looks of it. Slightly odd because on the one hand people seem to be saying the injury isn't anything super serious, but on the other hand you've got the manager there saying he might be out for the season.

Gungerz

Mantato & Ibragimov are in the England U16 squad for upcoming games against Italy, Belgium & Nigeria.

Gungerz

Lacey is also meant to be back 'maybe tomorrow or next week'

top1whoisman

Scout
Lacey is also meant to be back 'maybe tomorrow or next week'

Happy to have Kingdon back, he has been very good this season. Shea was meant to be back some weeks ago but suffered a setback. Would be a nice boost for both him and the team to have him back for the run-in and big games.

KevinJoh

Sam Mather scored another one for Rochdale. He does not play much there, his 2nd goal in I think 5 or 6 games

top1whoisman

Scout
Sam Mather scored another one for Rochdale. He does not play much there, his 2nd goal in I think 5 or 6 games
4 starts in the last 8 matches, 2 sub appearances. He’s getting a decent amount of minutes. Delighted for him.

top1whoisman

Scout
18 appearances in League One this season. He’s been with Port Vale since the age of nine. Three caps and three goals for England U17.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
18 appearances in League One this season. He’s been with Port Vale since the age of nine. Three caps and three goals for England U17.

Love how the twitter account is saying it's an exclusive when Alan Nixon had the news posted on The Sun one week ago.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Loads of wrong with the club but how fecking brilliant is it to see Garnacho, Mainoo and Kambwala starting against Liverpool and thriving.

top1whoisman

Scout
Love how the twitter account is saying it's an exclusive when Alan Nixon had the news posted on The Sun one week ago.
That account sure likes to do anything for attention. Half of their tweets are about how they knew this and that and how they talk directly to players.

top1whoisman

Scout
10 appearances in the U18 Premier League this season, 8 U16s caps for England.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
One of the City players was being a right little twat, we kicked the ball out for a City injury, they threw the ball back to us and a City player robbed it and scored despite us being sporting and kicking it out for them.
City being a bunch of cnuts, what a surprise.

Bruno would have scored that from the half way line.

Gungerz

Bendito Mantato starts for England U16s against Italy this afternoon, Amir Ibragimov on the bench.

Bertie Wooster

Bendito Mantato starts for England U16s against Italy this afternoon, Amir Ibragimov on the bench.
That's good news for them.

Surprised there's youth internationals going on though as the U18's (and maybe younger?) have games this weekend that the likes of Mantato and Ibragimov would probably have been involved in - there normally seems a break for international weekends.

Do any of the other age groups have internationals as well or is it just the U16's?