Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Bertie Wooster

Maxwell Powell. Yeah most of them look like infants next to him.
Thanks for that.

I think I've got all the names and positions now, and a basic idea of the types of players they are. Just starting with the catch up to the QF match. I see numbers 14 and 17 (Umebuani and Ioykho) are both starting after impressing as subs in the earlier game. I'll be interested to see how they look from the start.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Thanks for that.

I think I've got all the names and positions now, and a basic idea of the types of players they are. Just starting with the catch up to the QF match. I see numbers 14 and 17 (Umebuani and Ioykho) are both starting after impressing as subs in the earlier game. I'll be interested to see how they look from the start.
It’s nice that they rotate heavily. Once again it’s not about winning a tournament at 12 as much as offering the experience for every player.

Prodigal7

Real Madrid and Barcelona have seldom won by less than 5-0 at this level. They are effectively a duopoly over talent at this level and coach teams to win from an early age.

Just a warning to anyone if things go a bit awry tomorrow. Not that I’d expect the caf to be slating 12 year olds but you never know.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
Real Madrid and Barcelona have seldom won by less than 5-0 at this level. They are effectively a duopoly over talent at this level and coach teams to win from an early age.

Just a warning to anyone if things go a bit awry tomorrow. Not that I’d expect the caf to be skating 12 or ear olds but you never know.
Agreed. I’m expecting us to be beaten and beaten well.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Thanks for that.

Could you post them? Thanks.

Bertie Wooster

Could you post them? Thanks.
OK.

The positions are just where they've played in the few televised (YouTube) games here. For all I know they might have a more regular position elsewhere and be filling in here. I also can't find a #13 or reserve keeper.

Zico Honor - GK
2. Max Harris - RB
3. Mason Whitehead - LB
4. Sam Laurie - CB
5. Jack Waters - CB/CM
6. Benjamin Houghton - Midfield
7. Maxwell Powell - ATT
8. Max Mallem - CM/AM
9. Muhammad Ibragimov - ATT
10. Carson Bunn - CM/AM
11. Dane Mullings - Winger
12. Zack Anderson - CM
13. ? - GK?
14. Kobi Muarsden-Umebuani - LB/Wing
15. Oliver Ward - CB
16. Gerard Dugbere - RB
17. Peace Iokyho - Winger

I've been making basic notes from the few games I've seen but I won't critique the players here while they're so young. Though, while it's been posted already, I will agree that the stand outs so far are Jack Waters and Max Mallem. Waters benefits from being bigger than the others, but also looks comfortable on the ball and quite composed. Max Mallem is a midfielder with good technique and quick feet.

top1whoisman

Scout
Much more even than I expected this to be. I’d still say Real is better technically but we’re playing better than in some of the previous games. One crossbar and one post inside a minute for us.

top1whoisman

Scout
HT 0-0

United started brightly but towards the end of the half Real looked like the most likely team to open the scoring. Pretty even contest so far.

Bertie Wooster

Yes, good first half and we've competed well.

Collectively, Real look a little better technically - which hopefully won't prove the difference in the end. But we started the better, they've grown more into it, and overall it's been a pretty even contest so far.

Mylock

Very impressed with the our 8, the red head lad. Lovely balance and pitch awareness.

top1whoisman

Scout
I like Ben Houghton (out top scorer with five goals so far) and Sam Laurie at LCB too.

Real’s LB has defended very well against Iyokho.

Prodigal7

Yes, good first half and we've competed well.

Collectively, Real look a little better technically - which hopefully won't prove the difference in the end. But we started the better, they've grown more into it, and overall it's been a pretty even contest so far.
I’m not sure. They’re definitely better drilled in team plays but our defenders and especially our number 8 look as good as anyone technically. Very good at winning the ball back as well.

Bertie Wooster

Good effort, and unlucky to lose. It feels like penalty shoot outs always go wrong - I did hope an U12 game would at least go right!

I know they're only kids, but that penalty with the cocky #10 off Real, and our keepers (Zico Honor) irritating antics - if I was a neutral, I wouldn't have known who to cheer for less!

Shame for Max Mallam, especially. He's been very good so it's a particular shame he was one of the two to miss (and only outfielder).

Bertie Wooster

I’m not sure. They’re definitely better drilled in team plays but our defenders and especially our number 8 look as good as anyone technically. Very good at winning the ball back as well.
Oh, yeah, that's why I put 'collectively'. You're right that we do definitely have some players there that look technically good as well - Waters (#5), Houghton (#6), Mallam (#8), and the wonderfully named keeper, Zico Honor, looks like he enjoys playing out from the back.

Prodigal7

I’ve been critical of our coaching at younger levels before but this was really encouraging. I especially like the way they are emphasising the off the ball game at a young age with every players pressing and duelling hard to get the ball back. That sort of mentality is so important nowadays.

Any other day and we could have won that. The lads should be really happy with themselves.

Gungerz

Like someone else said I was a bit worried going into the game because in previous years the Spanish sides have beat us comfortably. But that was a really encouraging display.

Although, I am almost glad they lost in a way, as people can now let these kids breathe. Already seeing tweets about Mallem which I don't like and if they had won the tournament those would only increase.

top1whoisman

Scout
Like someone else said I was a bit worried going into the game because in previous years the Spanish sides have beat us comfortably. But that was a really encouraging display.

Although, I am almost glad they lost in a way, as people can now let these kids breathe. Already seeing tweets about Mallem which I don't like and if they had won the tournament those would only increase.
I get what you’re saying. I’ve seen some crazy shit on instagram too regarding Mallem. Despise those accounts.

Prodigal7

I get what you’re saying. I’ve seen some crazy shit on instagram too regarding Mallem. Despise those accounts.
If you want to live stream an u12 game I don’t know why participating clubs would want to name their players at that age. I don’t believe that United actively want to do that.

Gungerz

U15s begin their Generation Adidas Cup campaign against Atlanta United. Live on MLS Season Pass but a subscription is required.

Starting XI:

13. Osuchuwku (GK)
2. Ibragimov
4. Laurie
5. Carrick
6. Naganga
7. Donkor
8. Shah
9. Gabriel
10. Rooney
11. Scanlon
14. Daley

Gungerz

Atlanta lead 1-0 after a minute, ball given away in our own box and they punish.

Gungerz

2-0 Atlanta. They're definitely a much more athletic side, some very quick wingers.

top1whoisman

Scout
U15s begin their Generation Adidas Cup campaign against Atlanta United. Live on MLS Season Pass but a subscription is required.

Starting XI:

13. Osuchuwku (GK)
2. Ibragimov
4. Laurie
5. Carrick
6. Naganga
7. Donkor
8. Shah
9. Gabriel
10. Rooney
11. Scanlon
14. Daley
Jacey, Michael’s son? You know what position he plays?

What about Naganga, I believe you mentioned him as the big lad in a picture a while ago? CB?

Gungerz

I believe it was our U17s who beat Monaco 2-1. Ibragimov with one of the goals.
It was a mix of 18s/21s. Mantato scored the winner in the 90th minute.

Starting XI was: Myles; Kamason, Jackson (c), Nolan, Amass; Devaney, Baumann; Missin, Curley, Ibragimov; Wheatley

Subs: Ogunneye, Aljofree, McAllister, Biancheri, Ennis, Harrison, Fredricson, Williams, Mantato, Thwaites, Fletcher

Imagine they swapped completely at half-time. Don't know which Fletcher that is but nice to see one of them back from injury.

top1whoisman

Scout
It was a mix of 18s/21s. Mantato scored the winner in the 90th minute.

Starting XI was: Myles; Kamason, Jackson (c), Nolan, Amass; Devaney, Baumann; Missin, Curley, Ibragimov; Wheatley

Subs: Ogunneye, Aljofree, McAllister, Biancheri, Ennis, Harrison, Fredricson, Williams, Mantato, Thwaites, Fletcher

Imagine they swapped completely at half-time. Don't know which Fletcher that is but nice to see one of them back from injury.
Ah okay, cheers once again for the info. Still quite a young side, not many who wouldn’t be eligible for the U18s. And as you said it’s nice to see a Fletcher play. Hopefully both of them soon.

Gungerz

Ah okay, cheers once again for the info. Still quite a young side, not many who wouldn’t be eligible for the U18s. And as you said it’s nice to see a Fletcher play. Hopefully both of them soon.
Much older Monaco side too. They only fielded 4 players who would be eligible for our U18s.