Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I missed the 1st game but watching this one on YouTube.

As regards the CM's - I know we signed James Bailey from Burnley, I thought I'd read he's a winger? And thought McCormack was a CB? Are they both actually primarily CM's, or just able to play there?
As with many attacking players, Bailey can play multiple positions. To me he actually fits better in a central position as he’s not that quick or athletic. Very good close control but not the quickest running with the ball.

Kind of like Fitzgerald and McAllister, McCormack can indeed play both in defense and in midfield.

top1whoisman

Scout
31’

1-1. A nice move outside the box. Good save from Heath but an easy rebound tap-in for the hosts. They’ve got a lot of technically talented players.

top1whoisman

Scout
35’

2-1 Bailey. A hammer of a left foot into the roof of the net from the edge of the box.

top1whoisman

Scout
Bradbury forced to come off with an injury just before half-time. Barbosa replaces him. Ajayi moves to centre while Barbosa takes the LW spot.

44’

2-2. United fail to clear the danger after a corner and an easy tap-in from the far post brings the hosts level again.

Bertie Wooster

As with many attacking players, Bailey can play multiple positions. To me he actually fits better in a central position as he’s not that quick or athletic. Very good close control but not the quickest running with the ball.

Kind of like Fitzgerald and McAllister, McCormack can indeed play both in defense and in midfield.
Thanks.

The Bailey description sounds quite like Adam Berry.

Shame to see Bradbury have to go off. First time really getting to see him for a full half. Thought he looked about Manni Norkett level - decent all round #9 but no standout qualities - but would have liked to see more of him.

top1whoisman

Scout
Thanks.

The Bailey description sounds quite like Adam Berry.

Shame to see Bradbury have to go off. First time really getting to see him for a full half. Thought he looked about Manni Norkett level - decent all round #9 but no standout qualities - but would have liked to see more of him.
Yeah definitely some similarities there.

Will be interesting to see how Bradbury develops. He’s scored shedloads of goals in his youth career but there’s plenty of those players who have not had enough in their overall game to become top strikers.

Bertie Wooster

Very enjoyable first half.

Especially enjoyed watching Ibrovic-Fletcher, love those types of technically gifted playmakers. Looks to have good vision and technique.

top1whoisman

Scout
Very enjoyable first half.

Especially enjoyed watching Ibrovic-Fletcher, love those types of technically gifted playmakers. Looks to have good vision and technique.
Yeah there’s always something about small players who are able to compensate the lack of size with the way they use their bodies, agility and balance. Angel Gomes as an example.

Bertie Wooster

87’

Ngwashi on for McCormack.

Absolutely nothing has happened in the second half.
Yeah, 2nd half has been a real non event.

I guess the injuries to Bradbury and Balogun in the 2 games haven't helped, but who has been playing up front for us in the 2nd half? Seems like Ibrovic-Fletcher as a false 9? Whoever it is, we've created nothing. But nor have they either.

top1whoisman

Scout
FT 3-2.

Good experience for the youngsters. Two 110-minute matches in very demanding conditions. A bonus of first experience with VAR :lol:

top1whoisman

Scout
Yeah, 2nd half has been a real non event.

I guess the injuries to Bradbury and Balogun in the 2 games haven't helped, but who has been playing up front for us in the 2nd half? Seems like Ibrovic-Fletcher as a false 9? Whoever it is, we've created nothing. But nor have they either.
Yeah it was a mix of Barbosa and Ibrovic-Fletcher. The players looked knackered, can’t blame them for not having the energy to go at full pelt.

Borninthe80ts

Having just caught up with the game I’m glad I made the effort. Seeing some if not most of these kids for the first time it made it an interesting watch.
Kukoni and Bailey stood out for me the most, along with Ayaji, Ibrovic fletcher and Montato.
The opposition did impress me to, with a higher technical level than I expected and heart.

Hope to see one or two get some under 18 games this season.

Mickson

We have done a lot of good stuff lately, but yet again I question our plan for many of our youngsters. Shoretire, Fernandez, Hannibal, Mengi etc... what's the plan? We have only one player on loan, and the only reason is that Hibernian pushed for Fish again.

top1whoisman

Scout
We have done a lot of good stuff lately, but yet again I question our plan for many of our youngsters. Shoretire, Fernandez, Hannibal, Mengi etc... what's the plan? We have only one player on loan, and the only reason is that Hibernian pushed for Fish again.
Quite often the youth loans are sorted late in the window when the first team manager has his final squad for the season completed. I agree that there are quite a few decisions to be made but I believe all of them will be made during the last two weeks of the window.

Fernández will likely stay at least until January because of Malacia’s injury.

Shole will probably leave on loan, although I wouldn’t be surprised if he was sold permanently. Same with Mengi.

Hannibal could be kept due to Mainoo’s injury and Fred and vdB leaving but that could change if we get Ambrabat (and maybe another one).

Mickson

Quite often the youth loans are sorted late in the window when the first team manager has his final squad for the season completed. I agree that there are quite a few decisions to be made but I believe all of them will be made during the last two weeks of the window.

Shole will probably leave on loan, although I wouldn’t be surprised if he was sold permanently. Same with Mengi.

Hannibal could be kept due to Mainoo’s injury and Fred and vdB leaving but that could change if we get Ambrabat (and maybe another one).
It still feels very reactionary. A lack of plan for our youngsters, these kinds of things should be done way earlier. City, Chelsea etc have already sent their youngsters to clubs in England and abroad, so I'm not buying it.

top1whoisman

Scout
It still feels very reactionary. A lack of plan for our youngsters, these kinds of things should be done way earlier. City, Chelsea etc have already sent their youngsters to clubs in England and abroad, so I'm not buying it.
Yeah I get that, we do seem to somewhat lack proper planning in that department.

At the same time I don’t see us having such a bloated squad as other clubs. We’ve never gone the Chelsea route of stockpiling young talents and having 30 young players on loan every season.

And even City and Chelsea are probably waiting on some outgoing loans due to the squads not being completed.

But as I said I agree that there are some decisions to be made. And judging by last season I trust the club to find the right clubs for the r

KevinJoh

I guess we will keep Fernandez, and I am not sure that Hannibal will be loaned out as well. Certainly both are close to be the squad players this year, and if not than I guess it will be easy to get them team in the last week or two. Shola is different issue I guess, as it's not like he got a lot of chances in preseason, so not sure why we did not already sent him somewhere. Similar for McNeill for example, Hanse, Jurado and a few more. Gore and Forson obviously in better position as they got some minutes with first team which is valuable.

Red71

You seem to have your ear to the ground when it comes to the youth arrangements at the club. Do you get any sense that Shola’s brother remaining at the club is contingent on Shola not being sold i.e. if Shola leaves, is there a danger his brother does too? His younger brother looks a real talent and I imagine that there’s a lot of other clubs sniffing around him!

Red71

Sounds reminiscent of big Norman Whiteside…

top1whoisman

Scout
You seem to have your ear to the ground when it comes to the youth arrangements at the club. Do you get any sense that Shola’s brother remaining at the club is contingent on Shola not being sold i.e. if Shola leaves, is there a danger his brother does too? His younger brother looks a real talent and I imagine that there’s a lot of other clubs sniffing around him!
Considering Shola is an adult and his family not necessarily needing to move with him, I don’t think Tunde would go anywhere even if Shola leaves. Guess it depends if he stays in England or tries to build his career abroad like a lot of young English players do nowadays.

So I guess it’s a family decision. If Shola ends up playing in EFL, I’m confident Tunde will stay but who knows.

Red71

Considering Shola is an adult and his family not necessarily needing to move with him, I don’t think Tunde would go anywhere even if Shola leaves. Guess it depends if he stays in England or tries to build his career abroad like a lot of young English players do nowadays.

So I guess it’s a family decision. If Shola ends up playing in EFL, I’m confident Tunde will stay but who knows.
I was actually thinking of it more from a “toys out of the pram” type scenario rather than all the family having to move together with Shola. Sort of a “If Shola isn’t good enough for you than neither is Tunde” situation but it sounds as though you’re saying that’s unlikely anyway so all good! :cool:

top1whoisman

Scout
I was actually thinking of it more from a “toys out of the pram” type scenario rather than all the family having to move together with Shola. Sort of a “If Shola isn’t good enough for you than neither is Tunde” situation but it sounds as though you’re saying that’s unlikely anyway so all good! :cool:
If their parents are smart they won’t resort to anything like that. It’s a completely separate scenario but who knows. Not all football parents make the right decisions.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
It’s impossible for any of us to say but several people who would know better have said Shola’s family are a pain in the ass to deal with and have thrown their toys out of the pram fairly often so it wouldn’t be surprising.

The fact his dad also signed up to an Internet forum to cry about posts about Shola already confirms his parents aren’t the smartest.

top1whoisman

Scout
It’s impossible for any of us to say but several people who would know better have said Shola’s family are a pain in the ass to deal with and have thrown their toys out of the pram fairly often so it wouldn’t be surprising.

The fact his dad also signed up to an Internet forum to cry about posts about Shola already confirms his parents aren’t the smartest.
Sure sounds like it.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Dean Whitehouse who has been at the club for 20 odd years in the development phase, currently working at U11 level has taken a new job with Blackpool.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Also says that ETH had one to one sessions with Lacey, Fitzgerald and Parker

top1whoisman

Scout
We’re apparently playing Everton behind closed doors tomorrow. Hannibal, Fernández, Gore, Forson etc. will feature in that one.

Gungerz

Possible reason as to why the Fletcher/Amass transfers have taken so long.

Varun1

Wonder why and whether anyone in the football industry gets any benefit out of it. Should be the other way around surely?
I also don't understand why youngsters are only allowed to have a trial at 2 teams now. How does that benefit anyone!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I take it Camacho & the younger Ibragimov are highly rated talents in their age group.