g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Gungerz

U16s beat Derby 4-1 today. Next weekend they have the national finals, where they've been drawn in Group D alongside Fulham, Leeds & West Ham.

Gungerz

U16s won their opening game of the National Finals 4-1 against West Ham. They play Fulham later today, who won their opening game 4-0 against Leeds.

Gungerz

U16s won their opening game of the National Finals 4-1 against West Ham. They play Fulham later today, who won their opening game 4-0 against Leeds.
Lost 1-0 to Fulham. Final group game is tomorrow morning against Leeds.

Only the first place finishers + one best runner-up progress to the main quarter finals, so United need to win & hope other results go their way. However, the second place finishers do go through to their own quarter finals where they play for the 'shield'.

Gungerz

Lost 1-0 to Fulham. Final group game is tomorrow morning against Leeds.

Only the first place finishers + one best runner-up progress to the main quarter finals, so United need to win & hope other results go their way. However, the second place finishers do go through to their own quarter finals where they play for the 'shield'.
Lost 2-0 to Leeds and finished 3rd in the group, then lost 1-0 to Newcastle this afternoon in their first placement game. They have one more placement game tomorrow to end the tournament.

Bigsid

Lost 2-0 to Leeds and finished 3rd in the group, then lost 1-0 to Newcastle this afternoon in their first placement game. They have one more placement game tomorrow to end the tournament.
May need to buy in this age group. Club of our stature shoulnt be in play off for 25th place out of 28 sides.

Gungerz

May need to buy in this age group. Club of our stature shoulnt be in play off for 25th place out of 28 sides.
Exact same thing happened at last year's tournament with the likes of Lacey, Fitzgerald, Munro, etc. They only won 1/5 games but now they're flying.

These short-form tournaments can be unpredictable & I really wouldn't take too much stock in the results, especially with key players out injured. Remember, this same age group were Northern runners-up last year.

Gungerz

Loving your work on Reddit. That camera work reminds me of when you watch a foreign stream and they blurr out the broadcasters logo.

Do you work for United in some capacity by any chance? Not many will have access to that footage you shared.
Nah, Ashton Missin's dad shared it. There's another goal there too, which looks like it was scored by Forson but difficult to tell for sure.

Borninthe80ts

Yet again another young career that has been delayed my injury. I hope he finds the form as has been said that he had been showing. He showed a variety of finishes and had a bit about his game.

Gungerz

U16s beat Wolves 1-0 in their PL Cup game today. U15 Louie Bradbury with the goal.

khoazany

He does have talents and some X-factor but has been underwhelming more often than not for the U18s tbh.

jonesdafydd

He does have talents and some X-factor but has been underwhelming more often than not for the U18s tbh.
The ability to do stuff that other players don't see but gives the ball away way too much. Hopefully he gets a good chance at Rangers and grows as a player

lysglimt

Scout
Has a remarkable ability to not hit the target - never was a huge fan of him. It's like you said, you could see there was talent - but there was always something missing

Borninthe80ts

I liked Berry from the little I saw when he first broke through. Played with freedom. Think the injuries set him back a bit and he seemed to drift out of games. Think there are 6 players in front of him at least so maybe new surroundings can spark the talent.

Gungerz

U17s beat Everton 2-1 in their PL Cup game tonight. Biancheri & Balogun with the goals.

13 year-old* Douka Nkoto started, as did Amass, Munro, Biancheri & Bailey.

Last edited:

khoazany

U17s beat Everton 2-1 in their PL Cup game tonight. Biancheri & Balogun with the goals.

Good that Balogun's injury didn't take him out for too long.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Weren't they 13 when we signed them?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
No, they were billed as U14s when we signed them because that's the age group they played in but they were *supposedly* 11.
Ah, I see. I didn't see much reason to doubt they were 13, even if they're 2 years older, doesn't matter a great deal.

khoazany

Ah, I see. I didn't see much reason to doubt they were 13, even if they're 2 years older, doesn't matter a great deal.
Yeah as long as we are playing them in the age group that matches with their physical/mental maturity instead of bullying their "age mates".

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
So we are now buying kids with fake cerification and playing them in an age group we guess.they may belong. Dear me.
Know for a fact they're fake? Surely signing someone at 11 would be negligible money anyway. They're playing in an age group consummate to their ability, not really sure what the issue is.

Bigsid

So twins in year 8 of high school from Cameroon (a simple search for age fraud and cameroon will reveal the severity of the problem) are playing in u17/18 football and you seriously expect questions wont be asked?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
U21s has lost all purpose so people don’t seem to care anymore but we did draw 1-1 last night with Fulham with a last minute goal from Ethan Williams. Joe Hugill then had a chance cleared off the line seconds later in injury time.

Gungerz

U21s has lost all purpose so people don’t seem to care anymore but we did draw 1-1 last night with Fulham with a last minute goal from Ethan Williams. Joe Hugill then had a chance cleared off the line seconds later in injury time.

I was at the game, pretty rubbish from both sides in terms of chance creation. Both keepers were only really forced into one save of note each.

Williams introduction improved things, as he whipped in a couple of brilliant corners, one of which was inexplicably headed wide by Bennett, and then scored the goal.

Shoretire and Collyer were the standouts and Bennett also had a really good game but was at fault for the goal.

Also, someone PLEASE teach Willy Kambwala how to take a throw-in. Can't remember the last time I saw two foul throws given against the same player.

Gungerz

Jack Fletcher started & scored for England U17s in their 8-0 win over the Faroe Islands today. Harry Amass was an unused substitute.

Gungerz

Louie Bradbury & Jay McEvoy faced eachother at the Victory Shield yesterday. Bradbury scored for Wales but Ireland ended up 3-2 winners.

One more game left for both, although Ireland have already won the tournament.

inflikted

Supports
Europa Point FC
James Scanlon is in the Gibraltar Under-21 squad again to face the Netherlands and Moldova. It's probably their closest to full-strength this campaign given that last month several key players (like Derby County's Carlos Richards and Wealdstone's big prospect Jaiden Bartolo who has a combined 19 goals in 7 games for their youth teams) were involved with the U19s who were playing at the same time. Their player pool is starting to reach the point where they might be able to hold their own and maybe scrap a result against Moldova, and hopefully do better than the 5-0 defeat to the Netherlands last month. However, captain Evan De Haro (who last month played 3 games for 3 teams in 3 countries across 48 hours) and Cadíz midfielder Nicholas Pozo are absent as they are likely involved with the senior team.

Goalkeepers
Bradley Avellano (Lynx [GIB]), Harry Victor (Hartpury University [ENG]), Michael Charvetto Parody (Sutton United [ENG]/Mons Calpe [GIB])

Defenders
Bilal Douah (Lynx [GIB]), Ryan Azopardi (Lincoln Red Imps [GIB]), Julian Britto (free agent studying in UK), Tayler Carrington (Algeciras [ESP]), Patrick McClafferty (Newcastle Benfield [ENG]), Johnny Rush (Burton Albion [ENG]), Jayden Villa (Manchester 62 [GIB])

Midfielders
Kyle Clinton (Lincoln Red Imps [GIB]), Kyle Livingstone (Larne [NIR]), Han Stevens (FCB Magpies [GIB]), James Scanlon (Manchester United [ENG]), Carlos Richards (Derby County [ENG]), Jesse Gomez (Algeciras [ESP])

Forwards
Dylan Borge (St Joseph's [GIB]), James Caetano (free agent studying in UK), Julian Del Río (Europa [GIB], loan from FCB Magpies), Liam Jessop (Chesterfield [ENG]), Jaiden Bartolo (Wealdstone [ENG])

inflikted

Supports
Europa Point FC
James Scanlon starts as CAM for Gibraltar tonight. The Dutch are streaming the match on the OnsOranje YouTube channel for anyone who wants to watch, kick off in 25 mins.

Edit: full time and James played 90 mins as Gibraltar lost 1-0 to the Netherlands. Still a defeat but one that the Dutch will feel far more humiliated by.

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
James Scanlon starts as CAM for Gibraltar tonight. The Dutch are streaming the match on the OnsOranje YouTube channel for anyone who wants to watch, kick off in 25 mins.

Edit: full time and James played 90 mins as Gibraltar lost 1-0 to the Netherlands. Still a defeat but one that the Dutch will feel far more humiliated by.
Did better than the first-team against France at least :)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Apparently Liverpool u16 lost 14:3 against Arsenal u16.

Some Danish wonderkid from Arsenal Chido obi scored 10 goals.

inflikted

Supports
Europa Point FC
Did better than the first-team against France at least :)
At HT Gibraltar U21s are beating Moldova U21, 1-0. So things are going well for the U21s, future is bright. Disregard the senior team until there are wholesale changes.

EDIT: Gibraltar U21s win 2-1. James Scanlon was a vital presence in the team.

Last edited:

Bigsid

At HT Gibraltar U21s are beating Moldova U21, 1-0. So things are going well for the U21s, future is bright. Disregard the senior team until there are wholesale changes.

EDIT: Gibraltar U21s win 2-1. James Scanlon was a vital presence in the team.
Two of the worst u21 sides in Europe. Guess one had to win.