Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Prodigal7

Not saying they don’t deserve praise for recent endeavours but this is clearly a play from the higher ups in the academy to retain their job under a new regime. This combined with Cox’s out of the blue story about recruiting Garnacho screams that he’s feeling his job is under pressure.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Not saying they don’t deserve praise for recent endeavours but this is clearly a play from the higher ups in the academy to retain their job under a new regime. This combined with Cox’s out of the blue story about recruiting Garnacho screams that he’s feeling his job is under pressure.
Don’t think Cox would have any problems finding a new club if we for some weird reason decided to sack him.

greater wall

[QUOTE="Remember the geese, post: 31628379, member: Also, Siem Eyob Abraha appears to be quite a frequent scorer at that level.
[/QUOTE]
Shades of a young Giggs about him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Super-Frank has had 4 managerial positions - what is your point ? :)
His point is that Cox wouldn’t have trouble finding another position because he’s been good at what he does

Gungerz

Not got scholarship.
Interesting, wonder if we'll go for a striker in the summer then. Apparently we've tried for Harry Gray but that seems almost impossible given the Gray connection at Leeds.

Prodigal7

Interesting, wonder if we'll go for a striker in the summer then. Apparently we've tried for Harry Gray but that seems almost impossible given the Gray connection at Leeds.
We were linked a lot with his brother Archie as well in January. Getting Harry would go a long way in helping to get Archie further down the line. Agreed though that the strong Leeds connection makes it difficult. Seems to be a bigger deal on Leeds’ side though, we’re happy to sell players to them.

Shaggy1988

Please pardon my ignorance but does anyone have a complete squad list of united academy current? I try and keep a eye on any united prospects coming through all the teams.

lysglimt

Scout
His point is that Cox wouldn’t have trouble finding another position because he’s been good at what he does
Yeah I know what you meant - was just being a bit funny in saying that any coach/manager finds a new job regardless if they are good and not. But yeah I agree that he does appear to be one of the good ones

Shaggy1988

Does anyone have a current squad list from 13s up? Trying to keep track of prospects across all levels.

top1whoisman

Scout
In addition to Mason Cotcher and Dante Plunkett who have been on trial in recent weeks, United are reportedly interested in Sheffield United keeper Luke Faxon.

He turns 19 tomorrow and has been offered a long-term contract at Sheff Utd but United, Manchester City and Liverpool are interested in signing the keeper, according to the Daily Mail.

Varun1

In addition to Mason Cotcher and Dante Plunkett who have been on trial in recent weeks, United are reportedly interested in Sheffield United keeper Luke Faxon.

He turns 19 tomorrow and has been offered a long-term contract at Sheff Utd but United, Manchester City and Liverpool are interested in signing the keeper, according to the Daily Mail.
I get it, often there are good reasons for it... but this is such a United move, release/sell a number of keepers of the past year, and bring even more in!

Prodigal7

Going back to this. Our recent approach for Wilcox from Southampton may have implications for Cox should Wilcox be appointed.

AltiUn

Going back to this. Our recent approach for Wilcox from Southampton may have implications for Cox should Wilcox be appointed.
Wilcox is just the natural evolution of Cox, the final form will be the double-barrelled Cox-Willcox

Prodigal7

I think Wilcox is going to be the assistant DoF.
Maybe, but he’s spent his entire post playing career managing youth teams until 2023 when he had a wider football director role at Southampton. Whitwell suggested he’s been approached for a senior team role but If he comes in in sure he’ll be leant on to head up the academy as part of his remit.

Bigsid

Maybe, but he’s spent his entire post playing career managing youth teams until 2023 when he had a wider football director role at Southampton. Whitwell suggested he’s been approached for a senior team role but If he comes in in sure he’ll be leant on to head up the academy as part of his remit.
Makes sense given Berrada coming across from City is his mate. When they leave some have clause that they cant go to competitor in a time frame so would make sense from Southampton.

top1whoisman

Scout
Just noticed that a couple of players we were linked with moved during the January window.

Sam Curtis, an 18-year old CB from St. Pat’s signed for Sheffield United.

Man City signed Leeds’s Finley Gorman, a 15-year old forward/winger.

Gungerz

Just noticed that a couple of players we were linked with moved during the January window.

Another one is Callan McKenna (GK) who signed for Bournemouth from Queen's Park in Scotland.

Prodigal7

Disappointed most with Gorman going to city as he looks a really good talent

Gungerz

Very suprised by this, thought Balogun would definitely get a scholarship. If both him and Eyob-Abraha are being released then it 100% means we're after a striker this summer.

saik

Line up for todays game. Starts in about 5mins.

Bertie Wooster

Line up for todays game. Starts in about 5mins.

Was just going to start a thread about the match with the line ups. :)

I was also going to ask about Jack Fletcher - I know Tyler Fletcher picked up a lengthy injury, but is Jack Fletcher injured as well? He's not featured in the last few games. I know some of the more experienced players like Williams and Wheatley haven't, and are presumably going to be more U21's for now - has Fletcher 'been promoted' as well or has he picked up an injury same as his twin?

AltiUn

I was also going to ask about Jack Fletcher - I know Tyler Fletcher picked up a lengthy injury, but is Jack Fletcher injured as well? He's not featured in the last few games. I know some of the more experienced players like Williams and Wheatley haven't, and are presumably going to be more U21's for now - has Fletcher 'been promoted' as well or has he picked up an injury same as his twin?
We usually promote some of U18s to the 21s in January/February time so I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them have been moved up.

saik

Wheatley, Williams and Harrison, I'm pretty sure would have been promoted as they were pretty much regulars for the u18s. I don't have a clue what happened to the Fletcher brothers though. Amass probably next in line.

KevinJoh

We have U21 game on Monday, so with all the loans it could be that some of the younger ones will get a chance on Monday.

saik

Love to see Missin back on the left again. Clearly struggled when playing on the right wing recently.

saik

Great goal from us. Biancheri the scorer. McAllister with the assist.

Edit: Got the scorer wrong.

Borninthe80ts

Bright start by the boys and a nice inside ball by Kamason for the goal. He has a tidy short passing game. Be interesting to see Mc Allister bombing on as rather than sitting deep. Got goals in him i think.

saik

We score again but it doesn't count as the ball goes out of the play before the cross was put in.