Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

LimerickRed

Ya what is the story with Traore? Looked incredible in that game against Wolves havent seen him since Im sure

Beaucoup

To be fair, Foden has been involved far more than his United equivalents this year, but of course, your point still stands.
Foden is playing because Pep obviously rates him as the closest academy player to the first team, we have three academy lads in the first team getting plenty of game time. What a strange point of view comparing our players of a same age against Foden, as if it's some sort of failure on our academy's behalf.

KevinJoh

36 minutes in PL in 4 games, with title secured 3 months ago. Pretty sure Gomes would play more than that if we are in similar position.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
36 minutes in PL in 4 games, with title secured 3 months ago. Pretty sure Gomes would play more than that if we are in similar position.
Exactly. Pep doesn’t even have Mou’s excuse of needing to keep some consistency ahead of a Cup Final. If I supported City I’d be pissed off if Foden wasn’t starting every game since they won the league. I hope other young players take note.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Exactly. Pep doesn’t even have Mou’s excuse of needing to keep some consistency ahead of a Cup Final. If I supported City I’d be pissed off if Foden wasn’t starting every game since they won the league. I hope other young players take note.
They are starting too. In losing Sancho, they already have a Pogba moment.

They're also losing Bobby Duncan to Liverpool.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Foden is playing because Pep obviously rates him as the closest academy player to the first team, we have three academy lads in the first team getting plenty of game time. What a strange point of view comparing our players of a same age against Foden, as if it's some sort of failure on our academy's behalf.
Except I didn’t really say all that tbh.

I made one comment, in response to a remark about a kid not far off Foden’s age not going to City because he won’t play. I gave a kid of such an age featuring in the first team this season as to why it may not be impossible there if he’s rated. We haven’t really played kids of such an age ourselves this year.

I’m not saying City have a better academy record than us.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Foden started, or at least featured in games before the turn of the year for City. He has been in more matchday squads than Gomes, long before the title was won.

mat85

Remind me how long gomes got in that fa c
Remind me how long gomes got in the fa cup against a lower league team we were 2 nil up against? 4 minutes or 5?

Beaucoup

Remind me how long gomes got in that fa c

Remind me how long gomes got in the fa cup against a lower league team we were 2 nil up against? 4 minutes or 5?
Are we just ignoring the 3 academy players in the 1st team now?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Has there been any news on potential summer incomings? We were linked with Pablo Moreno at one point and Lukasz Bejger but wasn't sure if anything came of it.

khoazany

According to a Forest fan sounds like we've won the race for Bondswell but they managed to keep Mighten.

Good news, another good defender will definitely make the quality of that group even better. Might be tempted to promote Laird to the U23s next season and start with Williams on the right and Bondswell on the left.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
According to a Forest fan sounds like we've won the race for Bondswell but they managed to keep Mighten.

Good news, another good defender will definitely make the quality of that group even better. Might be tempted to promote Laird to the U23s next season and start with Williams on the right and Bondswell on the left.
Manchester United are in talks to sign highly rated Nottingham Forest teenager Matthew Bondswell.

The England youth international left-back has been offered a professional contract by Forest but has so far failed to agree terms and United have stepped in with an offer.

Southampton also showed interest in the 16-year-old but United are leading the way and are expected to win the race for his signature.

Forest would still command compensation for the pacy youngster who has also represented Nottinghamshire Schools at 200metres and was crowned British Junior Champion at the triple jump in 2016.

United have also been following Forest's skilful young winger Alex Mighten who has represented the club's U23s. However, Forest believe the 16-year-old will commit his immediate future to them.

Forest, managed by former Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka, finished the Championship season 17th with 53 points.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ung-left-Matthew-Bondswell.html#ixzz5FYU8Fr25

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
United squad: Alex Fojticek, Matej Kovar; Max Dunne, Luca Ercolani, Lee O'Connor, George Tanner, Ro-Shaun Williams; Callum Gribbin, Ethan Hamilton, Tom Sang, Callum Whelan; Millen Baars, Indy Boonen, Nishan Burkart, Tahith Chong, Zak Dearnley, Mason Greenwood.

United kick things off on Saturday against Uitgeest, before meeting Palmeiras and AZ Alkmaar. The other group contains Volendam, Real Madrid, Red Bull Brasil and NEC/FC Oss. The closing stages of the tournament take place on Monday.

pascell

United squad: Alex Fojticek, Matej Kovar; Max Dunne, Luca Ercolani, Lee O'Connor, George Tanner, Ro-Shaun Williams; Callum Gribbin, Ethan Hamilton, Tom Sang, Callum Whelan; Millen Baars, Indy Boonen, Nishan Burkart, Tahith Chong, Zak Dearnley, Mason Greenwood.

United kick things off on Saturday against Uitgeest, before meeting Palmeiras and AZ Alkmaar. The other group contains Volendam, Real Madrid, Red Bull Brasil and NEC/FC Oss. The closing stages of the tournament take place on Monday.
Talented bunch of players we're taking, any idea where Gomes' is?

In Rainbows

Nah I thought that Brazilian players were actually not allowed leave Brazil till they were 18
Not just Brazilian players. It's a rule to stop European big clubs from buying young players under age of 18, and then discarding them, which is only harmful to the kids. It's the reason why the Spanish clubs have received transfer bans.

Impulse

I'm pretty sure than players with an EU passport are able to move before they turn 18, which is why City were able to sign Benjamin Garre at 16.