Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Gungerz

Has he been released by us or has he rejected our offer of a contract?
As someone else mentioned, he was recently on trial at Leeds so I would guess released. Although, he was part of the schoolboy scholarship group so I thought he might have been offered one but I don't really know.

Bertie Wooster

As someone else mentioned, he was recently on trial at Leeds so I would guess released. Although, he was part of the schoolboy scholarship group so I thought he might have been offered one but I don't really know.
Thanks.

Yeah, I was a bit puzzled because, although I've hardly ever seen him, he was one that I'd heard of and read about and was assuming he'd get a contract - and then saw on here that he was on trial at Leeds, and now the West Ham link...

Will Biancheri and maybe Kaba be the main strikers for the U18's next season as it stands, if we don't bring anyone in? In the age range below, are the likes of Abbas, Abraha and Bradbury still there? They'll be about 16 next year, I assume, so could also get some minutes in the U18's if so?

Just wondering as I imagine Wheatley and Musa will likely be stepping up to the U21's (Wheatley already has of course) next year.

Gungerz

Will Biancheri and maybe Kaba be the main strikers for the U18's next season as it stands, if we don't bring anyone in? In the age range below, are the likes of Abbas, Abraha and Bradbury still there? They'll be about 16 next year, I assume, so could also get some minutes in the U18's if so?
Abbas was released & signed for Burnley in the summer where he is a first-year. Abraha has also been released (according to Bigsid) but is still playing with the club for now as he presumably looks to earn a scholar elswhere. Bradbury is still an U15 but does regularly play up with the 16s (scored 4 for them last week against Boro) so he certainly could get minutes with the 18s next season. Ibragimov is of course is very capable of playing upfront too but it remains to be seen where he ends up settling positon wise.

However, I do think we'll end up bringing someone in. If not then it would be Biancheri most likely as the main guy with Musa & Ibragimov as other options. Haven't seen enough of Kaba yet to know whether he's better up top or on the wing. He should be back from injury soon so hopefully we'll find out.

Bertie Wooster

Abbas was released & signed for Burnley in the summer where he is a first-year. Abraha has also been released (according to Bigsid) but is still playing with the club for now as he presumably looks to earn a scholar elswhere. Bradbury is still an U15 but does regularly play up with the 16s (scored 4 for them last week against Boro) so he certainly could get minutes with the 18s next season. Ibragimov is of course is very capable of playing upfront too but it remains to be seen where he ends up settling positon wise.

However, I do think we'll end up bringing someone in. If not then it would be Biancheri most likely as the main guy with Musa & Ibragimov as other options. Haven't seen enough of Kaba yet to know whether he's better up top or on the wing. He should be back from injury soon so hopefully we'll find out.
Thanks for all of that. Very interesting stuff.

I always think of Ibragimov as an attacking midfielder but, yeah, of course he can play up front as well. Looking forward to seeing more of him next season, wherever he plays.

Borninthe80ts

It's mental hurdle I'm pretty sure (anyone will after getting mostly injured past 2-3 years). He looks much more adventurous on the lower age groups, almost Laird-like.
These things are always opinions, especially at this age but I think it’s more this for me. Oggy not necessarily as technical as Amass but definitely can pass and move with control and positive intentions. I’m sure I’ve seen him as a holding midfielder too and for me did well.

I like both him and Kamason, and when they play well their one two's and short passes have helped to open teams up. Hopefully both stay injuries free.

Gungerz

Very interesting lineup, looks like they're prioritising the U18 cup game against Palace tomorrow. Also, would appear as if Oyedele's loan at Forest Green has been terminated.

cj_sparky

Very interesting lineup, looks like they're prioritising the U18 cup game against Palace tomorrow. Also, would appear as if Oyedele's loan at Forest Green has been terminated.

Murray is playing, he is on loan at Rochdale. Both he and Mather are allowed to play for our 21's, so maybe Oyedele's loan is similar.

lysglimt

Scout
OMG - we are going for the world record in stupid defending. 1-2 Myles gifts Derby a goal by rushing 40 yards off his line and not getting to the ball :)

inflikted

Supports
Europa Point FC
Any idea who's in the Derby squad?

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
We are a shambles defensively. 3-1 to Derby now.
Worst I have ever seen at this level - and I have seen a few hundred matches over the years. We gift Derby 3 goals - and the scary thing is - they missed another huge chance after Murray messed up.

lysglimt

Scout
1-4 Huddlestone at fault now. We have granted them 4 goals...amazing

Bertie Wooster

Bloody hell.

Wait for ages to get to see an U21 game and then they defend like this! Absolutely awful so far, especially Myles.

saik

Worst I have ever seen at this level - and I have seen a few hundred matches over the years. We gift Derby 3 goals - and the scary thing is - they missed another huge chance after Murray messed up.
4 now. :lol: Don't know why I thought watching this game was a good idea. Everyone on the pitch having a stinker.

ggg333

Absolutely awful, we have been this way for few years now with U21's, think the U21 is pretty much like the Senior team in the way they play. Like they have never trained together. U18 is the one to watch if we want to have any fun with this club, not because they win but how they play.

saik

Williams has been positive...
Was about to add that as a sneaky edit to my post. :lol:

He's been the only guy who's had couple of bright moments today. Baumann took his goal well but quiet otherwise.

Gungerz

Just a very poor team today. McNeill still a gaping black hole with his back to goal. Musa not much better either but at least he can say it's his first U21 start.

saik

Just a very poor team today. McNeill still a gaping black hole with his back to goal. Musa not much better either but at least he can say it's his first U21 start.
Is it crazy to suggest Missin should have been playing ahead of Musa for the u21s? Watching the u18s, Missin impressed atleast in a few games but I have never been impressed with Musa this season.

Gungerz

Is it crazy to suggest Missin should have been playing ahead of Musa for the u21s? Watching the u18s, Missin impressed atleast in a few games but I have never been impressed with Musa this season.
Missin will most likely play in the cup semi-final against Palace tomorrow. There are a few players who might have played today but are probably being saved for that game.

saik

Missin will most likely play in the cup semi-final against Palace tomorrow. There are a few players who might have played today but are probably being saved for that game.
Oh yea, atleast that should be a good watch as the u18s have been generally impressive this season. Certainly way better than whatever shambles was on display tonight. :lol:

Also, anyone know how old that Weston guy for Derby is and if he is rated highly?

inflikted

Supports
Europa Point FC
Oh yea, atleast that should be a good watch as the u18s have been generally impressive this season. Certainly way better than whatever shambles was on display tonight. :lol:

Also, anyone know how old that Weston guy for Derby is and if he is rated highly?
He's 20 and joined Derby from Rangers in the summer. Appeared on their first team bench a few times but not played yet.

lysglimt

Scout

Considering he is turning 21 this year and has scored 2 goals in 39 competitive matches - I dare say ... NO!

lysglimt

Scout
Musa is one of the least talented in the U18s - apart from being a decent target-player - he just doesn't offer anything.

Gungerz

Definitely not a game to remember.

- Keeper & back four were terrible. So many underhit or misplaced passes that put them in danger.
- McNeill non-existent. Got no service in fairness but still has to do more.
- Oyedele looked off it. Maybe to be expected as he hasn't played much recently but he's much better than what he showed tonight.

+ Baumann did fairly well on his debut in a somewhat unfamiliar deeper role that he hasn't really played in for the 18s. Took his goal really well.
+ Another goal for Williams. I still think there's so much potential to be unlocked in terms of his explosiveness & 1v1 dribbling.
+ debuts for Thwaites & Armer

saik

Considering he is turning 21 this year and has scored 2 goals in 39 competitive matches - I dare say ... NO!
Haha, was just wondering. If he was something like 16/17year old, nice to have in our u18s next season. :p

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Haha, was just wondering. If he was something like 16/17year old, nice to have in our u18s next season. :p
Weston sucks but the scorer of their 3rd, Cruz Allen, is pretty highly rated. Just turned 17 last week and is averaging a goal or assist every 100 minutes in the u18/21s. Capped for Wales u17s and was actually linked to us a few months ago along with other big clubs.