MNF with Pochettino

keithsingleton

The more I watched him the more I'd like to see him at Old Trafford. His record in the Premier League better than I thought. Worse postion 6th, worse points tally 64. Not at all bad when you consider he was working with a chairman who wouldn't spend money.

I really do think he could turn our great club round.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The more I watched him the more I'd like to see him at Old Trafford. His record in the Premier League better than I thought. Worse postion 6th, worse points tally 64. Not at all bad when you consider he was working with a chairman who wouldn't spend money.

I really do think he could turn our great club round.
Its a bit of a myth he didn't spend any money. He signed 27 players while he was there and some quite big fees. Not to mention a lot of the players he bought are still there and it was all going down the pan very quickly under him.

Rolaholic

I understand he's got his fair share of doubters on here but I've always been intrigued by the idea of having him at the helm at some point.

He's never been a 'chequebook manager' as his strength was really always making the most out of what he had and overachieving consistently with limited resources, compared to his rivals. Basically the polar opposite of what we've done post fergie :lol:

His player development over his time at Soton and Spurs was as good as any manager in the league within the same timespan.

He gets stick for never having won anything, at a club with a single piece of silver ware this century mind you, but I feel like that would change having some of the vast resources that a big club affords. He deserves a lot of credit for building that side into a player near the top of the league and even making the concept of a 'big 6' a reality when the Tottenham of my younger days were never anywhere close to qualifying for European football annually as they do now, let alone actually reaching a UCL final.

If it doesn't work out with Ole long term for whatever reason, I'm still Ole in at the moment personally, I'd have little reservations giving it to a proven manager in the league like Poch. He'll be coming back hungrier than ever at his next job that I'm certain

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Its a bit of a myth he didn't spend any money. He signed 27 players while he was there and some quite big fees. Not to mention a lot of the players he bought are still there and it was all going down the pan very quickly under him.
How can something that is backed by science be a myth?
Anyway, he exceeded expectations with a team without resources of a big club. It is a no brainer that he will do well here and take us back where we should be.

keithsingleton

Really...like who? How much?

croadyman

I understand he's got his fair share of doubters on here but I've always been intrigued by the idea of having him at the helm at some point.

He's never been a 'chequebook manager' as his strength was really always making the most out of what he had and overachieving consistently with limited resources, compared to his rivals. Basically the polar opposite of what we've done post fergie :lol:

His player development over his time at Soton and Spurs was as good as any manager in the league within the same timespan.

He gets stick for never having won anything, at a club with a single piece of silver ware this century mind you, but I feel like that would change having some of the vast resources that a big club affords. He deserves a lot of credit for building that side into a player near the top of the league and even making the concept of a 'big 6' a reality when the Tottenham of my younger days were never anywhere close to qualifying for European football annually as they do now, let alone actually reaching a UCL final.

If it doesn't work out with Ole long term for whatever reason, I'm still Ole in at the moment personally, I'd have little reservations giving it to a proven manager in the league like Poch. He'll be coming back hungrier than ever at his next job that I'm certain
We keep waiting around and trust me on this one then he will end up going elsewhere and Ole will take us even further away from the top sides in the league so worth bearing that in mind. We will then be left to look on with envy as he goes to a club and proves himself a top coach all over again.

Rolaholic

We keep waiting around and trust me on this one then he will end up going elsewhere and Ole will take us even further away from the top sides in the league so worth bearing that in mind. We will then be left to look on with envy as he goes to a club and proves himself a top coach all over again.
I definitely shared this same sentiment when Pep was being quite cryptic about his long term future with City as he'd be a natural successor there.

That seems to be out of the question for now but I still am a bit anxious over the possibility he goes somewhere else like Barca before we even make an approach.

Still think we'll stick with Ole unless things really don't change in the league over the last few weeks of the year. Our strong start to the CL season has bought him some time in my eyes, a lot more than 2 weeks back when we were in complete shite form

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
How can something that is backed by science be a myth?
Anyway, he exceeded expectations with a team without resources of a big club. It is a no brained that he will do well here and take us back where we should be.
Backed by science? He has no record of spending big and it paying off. He also happend to have one of the best strikers in the league come through the academy
. His biggest money signings (might be wrong) Sanchez and Ndombele have been extremely poor.
Really...like who? How much?
As above, Sanchez, ndombele, Lo Celso. Heck even sissoko for 30m, lucas 25m. He's bought a lot of trash as well - Wimmer, Janssen, Stambouli. He's lucky levy has been able to get money back for them.

USREDEVIL

Honestly if we did give him the wheel and it doesn't work out we can always go back to Ole. Ain't nobody coming to snatch him up I don't think. No offense to Ole but it's true.

Bondi77

J think a coach can be a good coach without winning anything but to be a top coach there has to be silverware.

Mainoldo

J think a coach can be a good coach without winning anything but to be a top coach there has to be silverware.
Kind of hard not to win silverware at United unless your a crap manager to be honest.

croadyman

I definitely shared this same sentiment when Pep was being quite cryptic about his long term future with City as he'd be a natural successor there.

That seems to be out of the question for now but I still am a bit anxious over the possibility he goes somewhere else like Barca before we even make an approach.

Still think we'll stick with Ole unless things really don't change in the league over the last few weeks of the year. Our strong start to the CL season has bought him some time in my eyes, a lot more than 2 weeks back when we were in complete shite form
I am pretty confident we will also get found out in the CL once we play a team who can press effectively which Leipzig and PSG failed to do against us at all

Red_toad

Proven to not actually win trophies and proven to be a top 6 manager. We already have that now, so where's the upgrade?

I do feel he'd do better with our players than Ole, but our club is broken and it'd take a really special manager to turn it all around.

MattofManchester

One thing I feel that will happen with a Poch appointment is our players will improve. His staff and him improve players.

We've had 4 managers since Fergie and our players have stagnated under all of them. Some have regressed.
We have incredible talents in this squad who are just not improving, and every year we're talking about how good they can be if they work on their weaknesses.

It would be a starting point, at the very least.

croadyman

One thing I feel that will happen with a Poch appointment is our players will improve. His staff and him improve players.

We've had 4 managers since Fergie and our players have stagnated under all of them. Some have regressed.
We have incredible talents in this squad who are just not improving, and every year we're talking about how good they can be if they work on their weaknesses.

It would be a starting point, at the very least.
My only real concern with him is not the lack of winning a trophy it would be how well can he manage the big personalities in the Utd dressing room because there is a feeling there is definite cliques within it

keithsingleton

Backed by science? He has no record of spending big and it paying off. He also happend to have one of the best strikers in the league come through the academy
. His biggest money signings (might be wrong) Sanchez and Ndombele have been extremely poor.

As above, Sanchez, ndombele, Lo Celso. Heck even sissoko for 30m, lucas 25m. He's bought a lot of trash as well - Wimmer, Janssen, Stambouli. He's lucky levy has been able to get money back for them.
So do we not mention he bought Dele Alli for £5 million?
Toby Alderweireld 11 million
Eric Dier 4 million even though I don't like him still England international
Kieran Trippier 3.5 million

Need I go on?

Mainoldo

So do we not mention he bought Dele Alli for £5 million?
Toby Alderweireld 11 million
Eric Dier 4 million even though I don't like him still England international
Kieran Trippier 3.5 million

Need I go on?
How much Son cost?

Bojan11

What’s wrong with Sissoko and Lucas? He also bought Son, Dier, Alderweireld and Alli.

@balaks watches them every week, I thought Sissoko and Lucas were liked by Spurs fans.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The "backed by science" comment randomly reminded me that Poch believes he can read people's auras.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Hoping this is the media spotlight that he needs for people to be reminded just how good a job he did at Spurs and, hopefully, give him a chance at Old Trafford.

A genuinely modern coach with a track record of getting more out of the sum of his parts and having his teams competing far above their perceived level.

Red71

Proven to not actually win trophies and proven to be a top 6 manager. We already have that now, so where's the upgrade?

I do feel he'd do better with our players than Ole, but our club is broken and it'd take a really special manager to turn it all around.
...fecking broken...ffs...I wish our fans didn’t buy into this fecking narrative. We’re not “broken” even if we could be run better.

For me, there is a lot of talent in the squad and if Ole can’t get a consistent tune out of it, why not Poch? He certainly has a history of improving players...I’m not an an inner or an outer but something has to change soon...

Red_toad

...fecking broken...ffs...I wish our fans didn’t buy into this fecking narrative. We’re not “broken” even if we could be run better.

For me, there is a lot of talent in the squad and if Ole can’t get a consistent tune out of it, why not Poch? He certainly has a host of improving players...I’m not an an inner or an outer but something has to change soon...
Yeah mate club is fine and we'll get in a manager who bottles it to make it even better. Great!

We don't need structure or organisation, it's the United way, feck em.....

reddevilz007

My only real concern with him is not the lack of winning a trophy it would be how well can he manage the big personalities in the Utd dressing room because there is a feeling there is definite cliques within it

Hopefully Pogba will be sold before Poch arrives

Foxbatt

Yeah mate club is fine and we'll get in a manager who bottles it to make it even better. Great!

Who bottles it? Certainly Poch has got Spurs to a much better position than Ole has ever taken a club.

Irwin99

Looks handsome(er) with longer hair. Let's get him just for that and the Argentina chants when the fans are allowed back in

Red_toad

Who bottles it? Certainly Poch has got Spurs to a much better position than Ole has ever taken a club.
I'd suggest you go look at his record with Molde before you make comments like that.

Not sure where I've ever stated I want nor wanted Ole to Manage United.

Red71

The Glazers and Ed Woodward don’t pick the team mate, Ole does. Not to go in feet first on Ole but 3 semi finals last season...don’t talk to me about bottlers...

As for your second paragraph, no idea what point you’re trying to make...presumably that we don’t have a structure...if that’s what you’re saying, we obviously do have a structure in place. Might not be to your liking but it doesn’t make us broken...man alive!

Red_toad

The Glazers and Ed Woodward don’t pick the team mate, Ole does. Not to go in feet first on Ole but 3 semi finals last season...don’t talk to me about bottlers...

As for your second paragraph, no idea what point your trying to make...presumably that we don’t have a structure...if that’s what you’re saying, we obviously do have a structure in place. Might not be to your liking but it doesn’t make us broken...man alive!

Ed and the Glazers hire the managers and sanction transfers, so they're responsible for whomever they put in charge of the team.

So we replace a bottler with a bottler, what could possibly go wrong!

If the club had a structure we'd not be going through a continual succession of managers all with different philosophies and buying the half a new team to suit them just before sacking them.
If the structure is proven not to be working then it's broken and needs repair. You're all good with how things have gone since 2013, that's fine. But I'm not.