Mo Salah | Choccy: He gone | Choccy gone, Choccy wrong | beIN sports: Agrees to Al Ittihad's offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadaba

His Instagram post from a couple hours ago certainly flirts more with his Egyptian identity than his Arab side.

Doing a final round of Britain before parting?

Matst1

This will be like the coutinho situation again, nicely funding Liverpool with a brand new war chest

MUFC OK

This will be like the coutinho situation again, nicely funding Liverpool with a brand new war chest
Wouldn’t be surprised if they signed Johan Bakayoko tomorrow. Linked with Brentford today but reckon he’s the Salah replacement if he goes.

obesouro

Getting a big feck-off diamond as part of the signing on fee. Saudis do not feck around.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Is there any reason for Liverpool to think they wouldn't be able to sell Salah to the Saudi League for significant money next summer anyway?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Sell him. Can’t be arsed with him scoring against us again this season.

the_cliff

Is there any reason for Liverpool to think they wouldn't be able to sell Salah to the Saudi League for significant money next summer anyway?
Yes, he's one year older and would be on the last year of his contract.

They'd still get money but not anything like that offer.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yes, he's one year older and would be on the last year of his contract.

They'd still get money but not anything like that offer.
My sense is that Saudi teams would still be very willing to pay a massive fee for him even with one year left, as he is a high value target for them for reasons beyond footballing ones.

the_cliff

I'm just hoping they reject the bid and Salah puts in a transfer request tomorrow morning.

Bogga

Of course it would mess with their season... but 175 million £ for 31yo Salah who seems to be dropping off a bit :eek:

Man-United

I think United would turn down £150M for Bruno on deadline day actually.

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
Lack of activity in here.

Apparently £175m bid incoming.
Reckon if the Saudis bang 200m on the table Liverpool will accept and look to buy in January. They don't even have to stop at the deadline today, can just keep bidding. When you factor in wages and stuff they must be preparing to drop 3-400m on this one signing, that shit is broken.

cyberman

My sense is that Saudi teams would still be very willing to pay a massive fee for him even with one year left, as he is a high value target for them for reasons beyond footballing ones.
To be fair it’s only one Saudi Team who may move on from Salah next year. The problem for Liverpool would be a bid of 40m or so and being told it’s that or they’ll sign him on a pre contract a few months later in January

Erics_Collar

Why would Al-Ittihad wait until now to do it?

Doesn't make sense unless whoever's been put in charge of the Al-Ittihad account over in Saudi is getting swept up by the deadline day hysteria.

cyberman

Doesn't make sense unless whoever's been put in charge of the Al-Ittihad account over in Saudi is getting swept up by the deadline day hysteria.
It’s not their deadline day

the_cliff

Their deadline day is the 10th if I'm not mistaken and waiting till now will also weaken Liverpool so they can't find a replacement. Would also help the premier league club they own.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
I reckon this is a done deal, an insane offer will come in last knockings and Liverpool owners will have the excuse it is too late to buy a replacement.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I reckon this is a done deal, an insane offer will come in last knockings and Liverpool owners will have the excuse it is too late to buy a replacement.
Saudi window is open well beyond the European one so they don't even need the excuse.

bringbackbebe

They're mad to refuse this. It can buy them 2 amazing defenders which they need more. The only possible explanation is they don't have targets prepared and didn't want the uncertainty. Also odd that they waited till deadline day for Salah but got all their other targets way early. I think its more of sending a message than actually making a bid.

cyberman

But it is ours and we care about what we can't do as a result. The bid will have to reject that. Now it's £200m+ or nothing.
Now sure your owners will agree so let’s see what happens.
The dream is he’s sold and Klopp walks so it’s a test to see if (my) dreams can be buy

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
But it is ours and we care about what we can't do as a result. The bid will have to reject that. Now it's £200m+ or nothing.

Yeah I think Saudi’s would probably get him for £200m

Salah is amazing but for a 31 yr old you would have to be crazy to turn it down.

Ady87

Exactly. If Saudi’s were out of the picture there is no way Liverpool turn this down but they know they’ll still get paid next summer and they’ll need Salah to drag them through some games this season due to transition and number of games.

RedDevil@84

You never know what is gonna happen in future. There is no guarantee that Saudi league is throwing same kind of money next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.