Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Brighton are obviously going to say he's not for sale. And I don't believe they'll want to sell him. But I think they'll sell for a certain price and the player has gone on record and said it was his dream to play for Man Utd.

Caicedo and one of de Jong, Bennacer or Caqueret are a must imo and the Glazers have to make the money available.

Dannn411

The guy's barely been at Brighton one minute and is clearly a talent. This isn't happening.

GreatDane

Brighton are obviously going to say he's not for sale. And I don't believe they'll want to sell him. But I think they'll sell for a certain price and the player has gone on record and said it was his dream to play for Man Utd.

Caicedo and one of de Jong, Bennacer or Caqueret are a must imo and the Glazers have to make the money available.
Has there been any real links on Bennacer?
Saw his name mentioned a while back on here and he looks good.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Fair point. Took quite a bit of money, though
well yeah and it might now be too late in the window for Brighton to sell now anyway (plus they've lost 2 big players already this summer)

Blood Mage

Robson has got nothing right this summer. Brighton won't sell him with only two weeks of the window left and no time for them to replace him, we've left it too late.

mikeyt

He'll cost a fortune! We can't afford a fortune = non starter! Should've got him last year for what Brighton paid for him. We do love to sign a player though that we were linked with for the previous move for a 10th of the price.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Only a mental bid could get this done. Could have been done January last year for nothing. I hate everything about this club right now.

Ekeke

They signed him for 5 million euros a year ago and they have just sold Bissouma for just under 30 million euros to Spurs. I could see them being willing to sell for any fee over the Bissouma deal. By any stretch of the imagination thats incredible business. Buy a player for 5 million, have him replace your 30 million euros sale player and straight away sell that player for even more than the player he replaced in the team. Yes they would need to replace him but why wouldnt they have great confidence in doing the same thing again? And now they have a lot more money to do it.

charlenefan

Definitely think this is one for the club to pursue, if not now then next summer. Could be the next Kante

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Need to check the date for his last game for Beerschot. If he played for them in January then he can't play for us until Jan 2023

Mainoldo

Thats part of the problem, cant identify talent early and cant develop talent.
Who Man City spot and develop?

We are Manchester United not Southampton. But maybe when the money runs dry we can try that approach. Only problem Playing in front of 75,000 expecting to be the best club in England ain’t easih.

Hackman2210

Isnt this the same player we wouldnt pay £15m for 2 years ago?? I know lets sell Garner and buy him back in 2 years for £50mil. We really are a laughing stock. Fecking shambles of a club. Saw a tweet today of 2 guys giving the stadium a lick of paint, how we have fallen.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Won’t get him for less than £60m. They know we are absolutely desperate.

charlenefan

Isnt this the same player we wouldnt pay £15m for 2 years ago?? I know lets sell Garner and buy him back in 2 years for £50mil. We really are a laughing stock. Fecking shambles of a club. Saw a tweet today of 2 guys giving the stadium a lick of paint, how we have fallen.
Garner won't ever be worth 50m

acolyte

Just what we needed to put the cherry on top of this window: a midfielder who we could have gotten cheaper had we acted sooner, but we'll now overpay for because we're a desperate clown show. What year is it?

Brophs

The One and Only
It's way too early to be buying him expecting him to lead our midfield. Much less to spend £60m odd on him.

Brophs

The One and Only
A lot on the Caf wrote him off also as not being good enough.
An even bigger number of people on here claimed he was what would tip us over into winning the league that season, despite never having seen him play or knowing the first thing about him.

Zoo

Probably his agents putting this story out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.