Moises Caicedo | Signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

AneRu

Whatever happens Pogba will probably be gone next season, unless Deadwood Woodward has a brainfart and offers him £450k a week to stay.
I think Pogba will raise his performances and we will fail to get a club to offer us something acceptable - a cash deal in the region of £60m. Ed will panic and offer Pogba what he wants - Raoila has been running his mouth because he knows that Woodward will crack under pressure when faced with the threat of losing his megastar for free.

On this potential signing I am always on board with taking punts on young players. Ten may fail but if one succeeds then it's worth all the trouble. I hope we do a deal for him in January and loan him to a club like Sheffield United so that we can assess his level from a distance whilst he'd be getting valuable PL minutes as he settles.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I think Pogba will raise his performances and we will fail to get a club to offer us something acceptable - a cash deal in the region of £60m. Ed will panic and offer Pogba what he wants - Raoila has been running his mouth because he knows that Woodward will crack under pressure when faced with the threat of losing his megastar for free.

On this potential signing I am always on board with taking punts on young players. Ten may fail but if one succeeds then it's worth all the trouble. I hope we do a deal for him in January and loan him to a club like Sheffield United so that we can assess his level from a distance whilst he'd be getting valuable PL minutes as he settles.
I'm not sure in this climate he will. He didn't give in to BD over Sancho and he's shown to be a stubborn cnut.

At any rate, Ole will have the final say

RkkMan

I`ll be gobsmacked if we ever offer any player over 400k a week in wages anytime soon because thats how much Pogba will want if he does renew and he`ll be 28 next year after Alexis as I said I`ll be gobsmacked if we pay him anything that high. Ed knows Pogba has just a year left on his deal and Raiola has pushed him to a wall too much to risk keeping him for yet another year or risk harming the PR of Utd even further so reckon a deal worth circa 50m should do it and it would suit all parties
As for cracking under pressure he refused to pay BVB 120m for Sancho don`t think he`ll cave into the pressure of paying ridiculous wages to a player that clearly wants out

AneRu

I'm not sure in this climate he will. He didn't give in to BD over Sancho and he's shown to be a stubborn cnut.

At any rate, Ole will have the final say
I don't think Ole will have that say and even if he did Ole loves Pogba and Lingard, players he started out with in the reserves. Their performances have forced his hand but he has always been keen to give them unmerited second chances again and again.
I`ll be gobsmacked if we ever offer any player over 400k a week in wages anytime soon because thats how much Pogba will want if he does renew and he`ll be 28 next year after Alexis as I said I`ll be gobsmacked if we pay him anything that high. Ed knows Pogba has just a year left on his deal and Raiola has pushed him to a wall too much to risk keeping him for yet another year or risk harming the PR of Utd even further so reckon a deal worth circa 50m should do it and it would suit all parties
As for cracking under pressure he refused to pay BVB 120m for Sancho don`t think he`ll cave into the pressure of paying ridiculous wages to a player that clearly wants out
The difference with Sancho is that we already have Pogba and to Woodward he is a marketing gem. If Pogba can conjure up a few months of acceptable performances he will get the deal he wants and I think like De Gea he will soon realize that no one else is going to pay what we can.

Anyway I think we run the risk of clogging up the thread with irrelevant posts.

RkkMan

I don't think Ole will have that say and even if he did Ole loves Pogba and Lingard, players he started out with in the reserves. Their performances have forced his hand but he has always been keen to give them unmerited second chances again and again.

The difference with Sancho is that we already have Pogba and to Woodward he is a marketing gem. If Pogba can conjure up a few months of acceptable performances he will get the deal he wants and I think like De Gea he will soon realize that no one else is going to pay what we can.

Unlike Pogba DDG never publicly disrespected the club via his agent or made us look like idiots more than once and thats why I think he`ll go. Losing a marketing gem is not good but keeping a player who will continue to mouth to his agent to talk shit about his club publicly ruins PR which is even worse and Utd/Woodward are all about PR. As I said after how Alexis turned out we are not paying ridiculous wages to players entering their 30s again anytime soon.
Juventus once they get rid of Dybala can afford him fee and wages combined and they actually want him plus Pirlo is a big fan of him keep an eye out there

RedDevilRoshi

I wonder if we do sign him, the development plan we have for him will be similar to Facundo Pellistri. He won’t go straight into the 1st team and most likely play in the reserves for the first couple of months to get him sharpened up and ready before including him in the 1st team.

AneRu

Unlike De Gea Pogba never publicly disrespected the club via his agent or made us look like idiots more than once and thats why I think he`ll go. Losing a marketing gem is not good but keeping a player who will continue to mouth to his agent to talk shit about his club publicly ruins PR which is even worse and Utd/Woodward are all about PR. As I said after how Alexis turned out we are not paying ridiculous wages to players entering their 30s again anytime soon.
Juventus once they get rid of Dybala can afford him fee and wages combined and they actually want him plus Pirlo is a big fan of him keep an eye out there
Juventus are notorious for lowballing, they will want to transfer their Dybala problem to us rather than give us a reasonable cash offer. Raoila is playing us, he knows that by disrespecting the club he is pushing us into a corner and thus forcing the fee down however I think the Glazers and Woodward will have a minimum acceptable fee they would want and in playing hardball they will end up keeping him.

AneRu

I wonder if we do sign him, the development plan we have for him will be similar to Facundo Pellistri. He won’t go straight into the 1st team and most likely play in the reserves for the first couple of months to get him sharpened up and ready before including him in the 1st team.
This kid is already an international so I think putting him in the reserves would be over cautious and likely to backfire.

RkkMan

Juventus are notorious for lowballing, they will want to transfer their Dybala problem to us rather than give us a reasonable cash offer. Raoila is playing us, he knows that by disrespecting the club he is pushing us into a corner and thus forcing the fee down however I think the Glazers and Woodward will have a minimum acceptable fee they would want and in playing hardball they will end up keeping him.
Juve were going to pay us our full money back for Pogba pre COVID, spent 88m on a 33yr old Ronaldo(yes I know its Ronaldo), are paying a 30yr old Ramsey 400k a week and spent 70m on a 20yr old De Ligt. They are notorious for low balling but with proven players they very much pay whats necessary to buy them.
Yeah I do think they`ll try and push Dybala to us but we won`t accept and they`ll sell him elsewhere maybe PSG and with that money and the freed up wages they can then get Pogba.
Yes The Glazers will have a minimum valuation but they also know with a year left on his deal they can`t dilly dally unlike with DDG whom we knew wanted to stay. If we don`t sell Pogba this summer he`ll leave for free where he can get a big salary as well as a huge sign on fee for him and Raiola he has absolutely no reason to renew even if we offer him big wages as he can get similar wages elsewhere at a bigger club on a free in 2022 for that reason again he wont be a Utd player in 2021 The Glazers wont risk something like that

AneRu

Juve were going to pay us our full money back for Pogba pre COVID, spent 88m on a 33yr old Ronaldo(yes I know its Ronaldo), are paying a 30yr old Ramsey 400k a week and spent 70m on a 20yr old De Ligt. They are notorious for low balling but with proven players they very much pay whats necessary to buy them.
Yeah I do think they`ll try and push Dybala to us but we won`t accept and they`ll sell him elsewhere maybe PSG and with that money and the freed up wages they can then get Pogba.
Yes The Glazers will have a minimum valuation but they also know with a year left on his deal they can`t dilly dally unlike with DDG whom we knew wanted to stay. If we don`t sell Pogba this summer he`ll leave for free where he can get a big salary as well as a huge sign on fee for him and Raiola he has absolutely no reason to renew even if we offer him big wages as he can get similar wages elsewhere at a bigger club on a free in 2022 for that reason again he wont be a Utd player in 2021 The Glazers wont risk something like that
And you Juve haven't figured this out? Juve know that Pogba has put us in a weak position and thus they will lowball us. The only way we get a reasonable fee is if Real Madrid, PSG and Bayern show serious interest which I don't see happening.

Should have sold him in the summer of 2019, now it's a case of giving him away for derisory fee or keeping him at outrageous wages and Raiola gets paid either way. He has us by the scrotum.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So are we signing him?
We need replacement for Pogba, we need to act quick!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Ah ok cheers. I'm not too well versed on the work permit rule.
Its changing with Brexit to a points based system for 17-19 year olds, which international youth appearances count to some sort of threshold. I think at a young age being an international will be more than enough, but your guess is as good as mine on that!

AneRu

Its changing with Brexit to a points based system for 17-19 year olds, which international youth appearances count to some sort of threshold. I think at a young age being an international will be more than enough, but your guess is as good as mine on that!
Isn't he also a starter for a club that's playing in a continental competition? That ought to count for something. I think between the fee he will command, his international status and the fact that he is playing for a club competing in a tough continental competition will help his case a lot.

Inigo Montoya

If Ole loves Lingard that much, why has he been anonymous

Robbie Boy

Ah ok well that's a positive.

AneRu

If Ole loves Lingard that much, why has he been anonymous
He hasn't reciprocated the chances he got last season with performances and everyone has their limits especially when it's their neck on the block. I think Ole finally realized that Lingard will eventually get him the sack and decided to cut off the cord.

Delano

Never heard of him until I went into this thread. Then, 6 minutes after starting the video...

Sign this kid up! The exact type of player we need, he looks to have so many impressive attributes for a player in the middle.

Inigo Montoya

He hasn't reciprocated the chances he got last season with performances and everyone has their limits especially when it's their neck on the block. I think Ole finally realized that Lingard will eventually get him the sack and decided to cut off the cord.
That’s a leap.

Glad we have posters here who are privy to Ole’s thinking.

Champagne Football

Diallo has been known to all big clubs for years. Vidic was one step away from going to Liverpool. Cristiano was actually half-signed by Liverpool, while Juventus, Barcelona and Arsenal were ready to bid. I guess when you say "not too many know about" you mean fans, not clubs.

Similarly with this kid, Man City's name is in the tweet...
No shit sheriff but I don't recall a single poster on here saying we should go for Diallo instead of Sancho.

And for every success story with buying a super kid, there's 50 flop stories - Anderson, Bebe, Royston Drenth, Jack Rodwell, Freddy Adu etc so there's always a risk factor.

AneRu

That’s a leap.

Glad we have posters here who are privy to Ole’s thinking.
I am sure if the requirement was for one to know the actual going ons then we wouldnt have a forum. It's just my opinion that Ole gave Lingard as much a chance as he could until it became clear to him that he was trying to draw milk from a rock and he abandoned the project.

croadyman

Never heard of him until I went into this thread. Then, 6 minutes after starting the video...

Sign this kid up! The exact type of player we need, he looks to have so many impressive attributes for a player in the middle.
Should be looking to get deal agreed before January so we can announce it at start of the window if we are that keen

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Isn't he also a starter for a club that's playing in a continental competition? That ought to count for something. I think between the fee he will command, his international status and the fact that he is playing for a club competing in a tough continental competition will help his case a lot.
Yeah there's all sorts of things that will contribute, but I have no idea what the points are for.each of them! I just think there's a lot of boxes he's ticking, he should be fine.

georgipep

No shit sheriff but I don't recall a single poster on here saying we should go for Diallo instead of Sancho.

And for every success story with buying a super kid, there's 50 flop stories - Anderson, Bebe, Royston Drenth, Jack Rodwell, Freddy Adu etc so there's always a risk factor.
What does that have to do with anything? I don't expect posters to know anything related to running a successful football club. There's a reason most, if not all, people posting around here do not work in a football club in any meaningful capacity (scout, coach, director, etc.).

Just shows how naive and entitled you are.

AneRu

I you should remember that Sancho himself is also a super kid and a £100m fee could have burnt us badly.

TsuWave

Seems a good player. Great tackler.

Hopefully Valencia got us us some clout with Ecuadorean players

Champagne Football

What does that have to do with anything? I don't expect posters to know anything related to running a successful football club. There's a reason most, if not all, people posting around here do not work in a football club in any meaningful capacity (scout, coach, director, etc.).

Just shows how naive and entitled you are.
Right on Cowboy

AneRu

Seems a good player. Great tackler.

Hopefully Valencia got us us some clout with Ecuadorean players
The player has been quoted as saying United is his dream destination due to Tony Valencia's history with us. It's an open shut case and the only way we fail to sign him is if we hesitate or try to be too clever with the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.