Most dislikeable player ever?

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
He's a fantastic human being honestly. One of the best in our club. That nasty episode was indeed shocking but people must understand you don't lose it like that out of nothing. And everyone knows how venomous the Spaniards are. One of the worst at that.
I searched for both Casquero and Pepe individually on Youtube. No prizes for guessing who had the most hits for videos of this ilk.

Pepe can say the sweetest things in the world, yet his actions define him. And he has had plenty of misdemeanours to justify his reputation.

Fitchett

Agree with the names posted so far in this thread. There were some really nasty bastards in the 1960's and 1970's. Honourable mentions to the entire Leeds United teams, especially Bremner, Hunter, Giles, Clarke, and the Estudiantes team who cheated their way to beating us in the 1968 Inter Continental Cup Final. Chelsea had some c*nts then, Harris and Webb, Arsenal had thugs like Ure and Storey.

Bondi77

Kevin Muscat....he was not a footballer and he should have been charged with GBH for what he would do under the safety banner of professional football.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
El Hadji Diouf
Vinnie Jones
Joey Barton
Luis Suarez
Duncan Ferguson
Dennis Wise

Fitchett

But the winner for me has to be Souness. Quality but absolute thug of a player for Liverpool, shite and psycho manager, now the biggest abu as a TV pundit. That's an impressive hat trick!

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He's a fantastic human being honestly. One of the best in our club. That nasty episode was indeed shocking but people must understand you don't lose it like that out of nothing. And everyone knows how venomous the Spaniards are. One of the worst at that.
:lol::( I agree about Pepe.He seems a great guy.He used to organize a very big food collection in Christmas.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Three broken teeth. Damaged vertebrae. Cracked ribs. Half an hour unconscious.

And not even a free kick.

Toni Schumacher said he'd never felt so much hatred before. And I was one of the haters at the time. Because that French team was a true joy to watch.

Thankfully Battiston recovered, but Le Bleus didn't reach the World Cup final of 82, that had France written all over it.
A French newspaper poll asked which was the least popular man in France, and Schumacher beat Adolf Hitler into second.[10]

pascell

Pogatetz has to be up there for his leg break on Possebon.

And also Kevin Davies for his 'challenge' on Cleverley that knackered his ankle.

Edit: other than the others mentioned on here.

M15 Red.

Carlton Palmer. He grabbed my partners arse on the dancefloor of a Sheffield nightclub in the late 90's, which left him traumatised.

Gazza

Agree with the names posted so far in this thread. There were some really nasty bastards in the 1960's and 1970's. Honourable mentions to the entire Leeds United teams, especially Bremner, Hunter, Giles, Clarke, and the Estudiantes team who cheated their way to beating us in the 1968 Inter Continental Cup Final. Chelsea had some c*nts then, Harris and Webb, Arsenal had thugs like Ure and Storey.
This gets me thinking... who would people say were our most thuggish players at Utd ? Pre Fergie days, I’m thinking

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's Alexandre Villaplane and it's not close, a french national team player (1926 to 1930) who turned into a career criminal and Nazi collaborator during the war. In the end he got executed for his involvement in at least 10 killings.

That' s bad, but Joel Veltman once pretended to kick the ball out of play after an injury and then didn't, so I'd say that's an another level.

Also, I want a villaplane, sounds convenient. And fancy!

Steve Bruce

Suarez, diouf, rudduck, Owen Hargreaves, mascherano....... To be honest I have a long list. I think I could probably write enough books to rival Encyclopædia Britannica albeit not as informative.

pablo__p

Suarez, diouf, rudduck, Owen Hargreaves, mascherano....... To be honest I have a long list. I think I could probably write enough books to rival Encyclopædia Britannica albeit not as informative.

Why Hargreaves?

I go for Barca cnuts

Busquets
Alba
Suarez
Mascherano
Neymar
Pedro

Never could understand how they can be as talented as pathetic on the football pitch.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
:lol::( I agree about Pepe.He seems a great guy.He used to organize a very big food collection in Christmas.
Do you remember Pablo Alfaro? He would be playing and do some horrible tackles which deserved red card and pundits would say "oh well, he probably deserves to be sent off, but he's such a nice guy outside the pitch", which was a funny comment because who cares the way he behaves off the pitch after such a tough tackle that can injure players?

I also saw an interview with Donato, former Deportivo player, and he said Pablo Alfaro was like a lady when not playing football, polite and kind, but on the pitch he was incredibly nasty. If someone hit him har from behind vs Sevilla he would know automatically it was either Pablo Alfaro or Javi Navarro.

Speaking of Javi Navarro, the day he clashed with Arango it was one of the worst actions I have ever seen in football. I think he did it on purpose.

buckooo1978

I can forgive dark arts as a cultural thing

but for that fat waste of space Ruddock to brag about breaking Andy Cole's legs was pathetic

useless twat

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Do you remember Pablo Alfaro? He would be playing and do some horrible tackles which deserved red card and pundits would say "oh well, he probably deserves to be sent off, but he's such a nice guy outside the pitch", which was a funny comment because who cares the way he behaves off the pitch after such a tough tackle that can injure players?

I also saw an interview with Donato, former Deportivo player, and he said Pablo Alfaro was like a lady when not playing football, polite and kind, but on the pitch he was incredibly nasty. If someone hit him har from behind vs Sevilla he would know automatically it was either Pablo Alfaro or Javi Navarro.

Speaking of Javi Navarro, the day he clashed with Arango it was one of the worst actions I have ever seen in football. I think he did it on purpose.
Alfaro and Navarro are good candidates for this thread. Navarro was a true butcher. Later, if I remember correctly, he used to justify himself in the press with the "I'm tough but noble."
Of course I think what he did to Arango was on purpose but it got out of hand.
The other CB of Sevilla, who was captain, I think some years before, Pepe Prieto was not a saint either

Nicolarra90

Gundogan, since dortmund.

Not real reason, something about his face probably.

Angeliño and shaqiri, same reason.

Lougie86

Supports
Partick Thistle
How has this thread got 4 pages long before any mention of Ashley Cole?? Completely unlikeable idiot

McTerminator

I know he’s a legend as a player but Giggs has to be up there for obvious reasons.

Alonso is probably No1.

Generally dislikeable: Danny Mills, Danny Tiatto, Bellamy, Suarez, Wise, Terry, Noble, Big Sam, Bowyer, Di Maria, Busquets
Agree with your list from the playing days, but having listened to various players like Wayne Bridge talk about Bellamy from their playing days has actually made him grow on me a little since retirement. Cretin on the pitch, but sounds like a pretty straight shooting solid guy in the dressing room.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I guess Arjen Robben is also a bit up there. Though he's a great down to earth guy off the pitch.