Most likely to make it at United

Trex

In recent times united system have produced some exciting forwards who made it into the first team. Rashford, MG, Garnacho, Januzaj. It seems at the moment the big talents from the youth set up are all in midfield. Kobe Mainoo, Dan Gore, Hannibal Mejbri, Hansen Aeroen.
Who among these players is most likely to make it and why?
My call will be Kobe Mainoo, he already seem to be favoured by the manager. His combination of physical, technical skill and composure will serve him well. I think this will be his breakout season.

wolvored

I think Mainoo especially and Gore, as the manager has spoken highly of them. Mejbri is 50/50 and only saw Aeroen on tour, so unsure. Mainoo if not injured, would have probably come on against the Wanderers.
Out of the two strikers McNeill and Hughil, I have only seen a little bit, but read/heard comments from others who have watched them a lot more and they dont give much hope they will step up here. Google has them both 20 by October, so a big season this season for them, considering we have just bought a 20 year old striker.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
It depends a lot on not just the academy player himself, but where the first team is lacking in terms of position. A DM has a way better chance at the moment, as we’re a Casemiro red away from playing McTominay there for 3 games, which everyone accepts now is a terrible option

sillwuka

Only Mainoo out of the talent we've seen from the academy so far.
Seems to have composure and ability to create space for himself.

Thiagoal

I think Mainoo has a touch of class and will be a great midfielder is if he can steer clear of injuries!!

IHA is developing very well and looks like he could play at a high level. Hannibal and Gore i don’t think have any chance making it with us but could have decent careers at a slightly lower level!

Red Rash

It's difficult to know for sure but to be realistic very few young players make it at United. If I had to guess the order:

1. Mainoo : Very composed for a young player and Ten Hag seems to like him.
2. Hannibal : Big reputation, has first team experience in the championship and brings something a bit different to what we currently have
3. Hansen Aaroen : Looks very talented but limited exposure to the first team so far. Too early to pass judgement
4. Dan Gore : I know the least about him and not really in a position to give a real opinion

Acquire Me

I am almost certain Mainoo will make it.

Hansen-Aarøen could make it as well. It would be cool to see a Norwegian yet again make it for us.

A bit off topic, but I hope we go after Sverre Nypan. That player is just amazing. Bonus that he supports United.

Glorio

Mainoo is almost certain
Hannibal is less certain at this point (partly due to being an attacking midfielder in a team whose captain is one of the best chance creators in the world), but has a chance. I feel he could have as much impact as anyone

IHA & Gore, too early at this point to call

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mainoo would have had a Garnacho type debut season if he didn’t get injured. Hopefully he still does.

Trex

Mainoo would have had a Garnacho type debut season if he didn’t get injured. Hopefully he still does.
If you watch the embargoed part of ETH press conference ETH said "Mainoo is ready" when asked about cover in deep lying midfield role. I think the plan is to use him as Casemiro deputy this season, he spoke about how he'll be important in the winter period. It always boils down to if the manager fancy the player and if the player puts in the performance when the opportunity arrives.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Gore is still a year away at least from making any sort of meaningful claim to be in the 1st team squad. A good first half of the season in the u-21s and maybe a championship loan in January would be the ideal scenario for him.

Hannibal is an interesting one. Like with so many youngsters, a lot depends on luck. If we sell McTominay and Donny ( and only bring in one CM), with Mainoo out till mid October, Hannibal could get some game time. If he makes a mark in them he's suddenly ahead than Mainoo in the pecking order.

On the other hand if we don't sell McTominay, then Hannibal could may well be shipped out and he's out into obscurity.

Rashford is a perfect example. He probably would have made it into the first team anyway but injuries facilitated his introduction in the 1st team and he took that chance and never looked back. It accelerated his progress. Someone like Will Keane is an example of the opposite happening. Injuries totally wrecked his potential. So you never know.

Pughnichi

I’ve given up trying to call it. I’ve had Januzaj, Wilson, Clevelrey, Gomes, Perieira as bankers through the years.

It requires luck with opportunities and injuries.

our most successful one currently, Rashford, came from nowhere. He wasn’t being hyped up a great deal…but suddenly got an opportunity with injuries and took it with goals in his first few matches. I might be wrong but recall there were others in the youth set up that many thought were ahead of him.

gun to my head…I was hugely impressed with Mainoo. Injury is concerning though and the worry he’ll follow the Wilshire, James route

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Unless they're elite talents, they won't make it. Garnacho and Mainoo are elite talents. I don't really see the others being important players. Some others might turn into long term squad players that stick around and fill gaps (like mctominay), but only Garnacho and Mainoo out of this crop IMO. Rare to have more than that anyway.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Mainoo will definitely make it here. He looks like a genuine talent who is ready for first team action, and I am really expecting big things on him. In fact I think he is the one of the best youngster I’ve ever seen in this club for a while.

I really hope Hansen-Aarøen would make it here. He looks like Scholes/Modric type of regen, elegant on the ball and always looks like a classy midfielder at youth level. But no idea how he would cope with physical side of game in PL, as he looks abit small/weak to me.

Hannibal though, I think he has all the raw qualities to play as no.8 in future - technically sound and playing with passion/aggression. But as midfielder it often requires more to succeed in Man Utd, so he still need to do more work to put himself together in order to make the grade here.

Mainoo
Hannibal Hansen-Aarøen​

Would love to see this midfield 3 playing for us together one day.

OverratedOpinion

Mainoo is one of the few who I've seen that I believe not only that he could make it but that he can "make it" at any time you choose because you could put him into the team right now (if fit obviously) and he is already at a high Premier League level

SoCross

Other than the above stated Mainoo (he’s my new dead cert to make it a la Laird and MG), I think big Willy if he avoids injuries may have a shout. Jurado too is interesting but with all the talk of selling Fernandez, I’m not so sure any more.

Mainoo looks ready and will get his chance this season.

Hansen Aaroen looked very good in the one game I've seen but that hardly enough to make a judgement.

Hannibal and Gore I don't think will make it.

seegoblu

It would be nice to have a CB prospect. Who among the academy’s players might be good enough?

Abraxas

Not seen enough of most of them but I don't fancy Hannibal's chances. What are the stand out attributes?

With Mainoo I see it. I see the composure, good positioning to receive the ball for a very young player, handles the ball. So I'd probably back him the most. Plus it's most important what the manager actually thinks as he's the one giving the opportunity and he seems to like him.

HookedOnAPhelan

Mainoo obviously, but apart from him: Hansen-Aarøen. And it has nothing to do with him being Norwegian, I don't give a feck about that. I think he looks a brilliant talent.

GueRed

I said at the end of the Under 18's 2021/22 season Mainoo impressed me the most and had the ability to go the furthest.
I still stand by that..
IMO he has the potential to be a good player.
I thought he'd go on loan this season but it looks like ten Hag will give him some minutes in the first team..

Garnacho also shone in that class of '22. Then he impressed in his first team cameos last season. He's very raw but has to the potential to be a decent player too.

The last few years for me Hannibal, Elanga, Garner, Fernandez have been enjoyable to watch at youth level and have done very well. :) They'll have great careers but IMO I doubt they will be top players...

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Hansen-Aarøen is the one for me. No frills, just pure football.

siw2007

At the moment, Mainoo is the only one that I think will definitely make it. He comes across as a player who is technically good, intelligent and athletic. He did well when he came on last season and looked ready to make his mark pre-season. Unfortunately got injured and hope injuries won’t become a thing for him (no reason why it should though).

I also like Gore who has an outside chance if he can grow and physically develop. Not so sure on Hanson-Aroen who looks too small for me.

L1nk

Hansen-Aarøen is the one for me. No frills, just pure football.
When do you think he could start to play a role though? Doesn't look like anythings going to happen with him this year, and he'll be 20 next year

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
When do you think he could start to play a role though? Doesn't look like anythings going to happen with him this year, and he'll be 20 next year
I believe he is ready now but like everything at United there is not enough hype around him to force their hand.
I feel for the lad because he is not a dick enough for insecure people to confuse as confidence. He should permanently move to a club in Spain or a Turkey loan in my opinion.

miked99

Mainoo is the obvious one. But whether he'll make it remains to be seen. There's been so much hype about young players on here, and time and time again they amount to nothing.

So maybe it'll be someone we don't expect. There wasn't much hype about Rashford before he suddenly burst onto the scene, almost by accident.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
We don't seem to have a strong group in the U-21s or academy at the moment tbh. Mainoo and Gore do look like the best shots.