Most stupid journalist questions

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
So there's a reel of a comically bad journalist question for Thomas Tuchel doing the rounds on (German) Instagram:

"Your team was executing the corner kick always the same way but one time the ball ended up out of the game on the other side. Was that just bad execution or what was the plan behind that?"

And I thought there has to be more where this is coming from. So, what are the dumbest journalist questions footballers and coaches had to endure? ;)

didz

"Can we have a quick word?"
"In what areas do you think you lost the game today?"

Not inherently stupid questions, but they look that way when Gordon Strachan answers "velocity" and "that green one out there."

Oranges038

This blank cheque question that was directed at SAF about Barcelona players.

Also this never gets old.

MegadrivePerson

Reporter.
Do you think you're the right man for the job?

Gordon Strachan,
No!

What kind of a stupid question is that?

brontelicious

Des Kelly dismantling Jurgen Klopp after he dangerously insinuated BT Sport had injured his players.

The Jim McLean argument in which the journalist got assaulted gets a double award for worst question and reaction.

madzo2007

Are you going to buy x player?

Managers response... I won't talk about another clubs player

3 other journalists then ask the same question just slightly rephrased

GlasgowCeltic

One of the journalists asked Pep the other day if he agreed that Rashford and Shaw were the only Utd players good enough for City's squad, just seemed to be gagging for Pep to call out the rest of the Utd team as shite

thisisnottaken1

Not a question as such, but I remember back in November when that journalist admitted that he was enjoying our downfall when he was interviewing EtH.

IRELANDUNITED

One of the journalists asked Pep the other day if he agreed that Rashford and Shaw were the only Utd players good enough for City's squad, just seemed to be gagging for Pep to call out the rest of the Utd team as shite
What did Pep say?

chomsky89

Dont know if this counts but a not-so-serious journalist asked John Arne Riise " Is it the case that you want to play on Saturday, but it is the manager that picks the team?
Riise did not have his jokeradar on, and answered, yes the manager is the boss, with a serious look.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
"You scored your first goal today. Take us through that moment."

GlasgowCeltic

"yeah, obviously, I just got the ball and just in the moment took the shot. Really happy with the goal but it's about the team"
“Great ball from “__sy” and luckily it went in but the main thing is we got the three points”

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
There's always the classic "how are you feeling right now?"
I think a player that just scored a bazillion goals in a final and won the trophy will not need to be asked that question, geniuses.

Zlaatan

Parody Account

Edit: not about football obviously but it's the most stupid set of questions I've ever heard. Love the way Lebron handled it.