Mourinho: ”Brentford is my biggest game since arriving at Spurs”

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Would you take winning the league cup if it mean finishing 5th. And not winning the europa.

Has to be CL or bust surely especially with lack of NFL and matchday income at the new ground. Is Kane really staying at Spurs for life if he isn't playing champions league much for next few years?

I actually think in that scenario Kane would feel leading Spurs to a major trophy completes his era at the club and it's then time to move on to a club who are in champions league and can compete for that and win league titles.

He's getting to similar stage to Van Persie at Arsenal now I think. Next 6 months going to be huge for where he is in near future.

People give Shearer loads of stick for not winning much but it's forgotten he went to Newcastle after he'd already won a league title and Newcastle had just blown a 12 point lead when he signed so he had no reason to suspect they'd decline as they did.
Depends.

If we're talking about this season in isolation, no. That would be crap.

If its seen as part of a 3-4 year cycle where we qualify for the CL the other 3 years and win some other trophies, then great, not an issue.

If you're asking me whether I'd want him fired at the end of the season if that was the outcome, I'd probably say no but I wouldn't be happy most likely.