Mourinho pre-match conference -Newcastle United

Barnslig

More likely we'll still see one of Rashford/Martial on the bench and a Zlatan/Lukaku strike partnership.
That's another exciting solution. Would love to see both Rashford and Martial run rampant on the wings though.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Who would've thought we'd make three new signings during the International break.
Meh only for marketing reasons, not to improve our team. At least that's what I learnt that on Caf.

ShakeUnBake

So, Aguero eh? Great Arsenal player
Supports
Ajax
I think Zlatan as #10 could free up a lot of space for Lukaku. You can't let him be as he has a cannonball of a distance shot with good placement, but he's hard to pressure once he has control of the ball too.

He's a feel player though and he's been away from it and old, so his touch will be shite. Too driven to be a passenger though. Can count on him to put a shift in.

ct89

Also hope Luke shaw will step up too and have used this break to his advantage.
Really? Luke Shaw has shown nothing that he deserves to be part of winning side.

His name on the teamsheet might sound better than Young but he's not.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Reality check,we finished 6th last season with Pogba and Ibrahimovic in the side,granted its good to have them back but I am hoping Martial starts over anyone else tomorrow!!
I'm so glad we signed Martial this year so he can play along side them!

Orione

Was concerned about Zlatan returning and disrupting our team during the period Lukaku was scoring in every game. But now that Lukaku is clearly off-form, am feeling better about Zlatan's return. Hope he plays as a second striker right behind Lukaku. May a long winning streak begin tomorrow.

Reactions: KM

Foxbatt

I think if Valencia can up his game and started to put in some decent crosses we will create trouble for any team.

Coops73

Zlatan is usually really, really poor after being absent a while. He hasn't had many injuries in his career but when he's had it's taken him a while to find his stride.
Well let’s hope he bucks that trend over the coming weeks, I’m looking forward to having him back, I wouldn’t want to be a defender facing them 2 big bastards.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
We might be shite on the field of play but boy we will scare them from the bench! Only joking... :houllier:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Would prefer this.

David
Valencia - Bailly - Rojo - Young
Rashford - Pogba - Matic - Martial
Zlatan
Lukaku

What a team that is......... But We know Martial and Rashford won't play together and Miki is likely to get the start.
Man, I would kill for that lineup! :drool: If only Mkhi and Shaw would get with the programme. :( We'd have some great options off the bench. Hopefully Jose will address the squad depth issue in Jan and the summer.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If Rojo, Zlatan and Pogba are back, I'd argue that's our three best players based off of last season. What a boost.
Rojo? Not so sure although he did have surprisingly a good run off form after being very poor since signing but the other two definitely. Think I’d prefer Jones and Bailley to be honest. I’d also like to see Tunzabe get more game time but very happy also at Rojo being back in contention again.

minoo-utd

Good presser, It always feels good when the boss looks good and ready and not moaning about anything.
Can Ibra play as num 10? Instead of Mikhitaryan? I find it truly hard though.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I don't know why but I just always want to give Simon Stone a good bitch-slapping!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Also hope Luke shaw will step up too and have used this break to his advantage.
I hear that he did step up.
He stepped up in the Chinese takeaway.
I hear he was also fantastic in the local kebab shop.
And at Dominos Pizza - he was irresistible. :p

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Good presser, It always feels good when the boss looks good and ready and not moaning about anything.
Can Ibra play as num 10? Instead of Mikhitaryan? I find it truly hard though.
The way Mikhitaryan has been playing recently, i would fancy my chances there to be honest.

Foxbatt

Said everyone ever for the past 100 years :lol: :(
Yes one of the greatest mysteries of football. Why cannot even one manager get him to cross the ball instead of jumping up and down on the spot like a boxer and waiting for an opposing player to come to him and then kick the ball against him?
I think it was the Everton game and he had the ball on the right wing position. The closest Everton player was in his own box. Valencia waited near the corner flag till he came jogging across to him and then kicked it against him for a corner. You would not believe this but it is true.

el3mel

So Jones got 6 injections in order to play for a fecking friendly. Pretty embarrassing from Southgate and England NT.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
So Jones got 6 injections in order to play for a fecking friendly. Pretty embarrassing from Southgate and England NT.
That is Jones' own doing. The player will never be forced to take injections. Jones wanted to play and was happy to take the injections.

el3mel

That is Jones' own doing. The player will never be forced to take injections. Jones wanted to play and was happy to take the injections.
I think if a player is asked to play, he'll play whatever injury he has imo. England shouldn't have put in contest to start with, and should have ruled him immediately.

NYAS

Honestly I just watched the embargoed section and it came across as Jose being a bit annoyed at Jones for not pulling out. More so than being angry at England.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Bullshit.

If you’re asked to play for your country you agree. You can’t be seen to refuse to play for your county.

You should not be forced to have multiple injections to be able to play, completely Southagtes (or whoever suggested Jones must play) fault