Mourinho set to sign contract extension | Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Interesting timing. I wonder if Alexis wanted assurance that Mourinho was here to stay and we weren’t going to fall back into Moyes/LVG era United.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The good news keeps coming.

Now I want him to go after Pep with the mind games. :p

reddaz71

Its 5 years too late but better late than never, We finally have stability with a proven world class manager who is actually the most decorated manager in world football,He his building a tremendous side here with the impending arrival of Sanchez, long may it continue!

Donut

Even with all his flaws he's the best (available) man for the job currently.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'd love him to stay long term tbh. Even with his flaws.

CA1

That would be great news.

I think the world of him as a manager.

If I have one criticism it's that he himself doesn't seem to want to commit long term. I think the club would be on board and I think it would help Mourinho to relax and be a little happier in moments of trouble knowing it's not a race against the clock. Keep building the club step by step and enjoy some success along the way because we will reach the top with him.

I said the day he was appointed United and Mourinho is a devilish mix for our rivals. This Sanchez deal is almost that in micro form. The size and wealth of the club mixed with Mourinho's pure bloody-minded nature. Very good.

Reactions: Penna

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good news. My main issues with Mourinho is how he tends to play when we play against a big team, goes too negative and I don't think he believes in his team to be able to outplay them the way liverpool did. But getting Sanchez I think changes that. Changes everything about us in big games IMO. He can set us up to be solid but also have a brilliant counter attacking option through him first and then martial/pogba/lukaku and whoever else as well now. I didn't see us getting like Sanchez before and that type is vital to Mourinho, so while I always wanted him to stay, it was a bit of a pessimistic look on the near future as we just had to hope our current players would develop and for slow improvement rather then expecting a rapid change.

Now if we follow this and Sanchez with a De Gea renewal, then the near future is looking brilliant for us. Hopefully we tie down Martial for the long term as well, since his contract expires summer 2019. Actually looking at it, in the next 18 months we have Ibra, Carrick, young, fellaini, shaw, blind, valencia, mata, darmian, de gea, rojo, herrera, smalling, jones and martial all expiring (first 5 this summer, the rest 2019 according to transfermarkt). Got some renewals to do for Ed in the near future. Though I'd expect 5 of those to be gone by this summer anyway.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Great news. We've come on leaps and bounds since his appointment.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Great news.

The relentless hatred of United is back even without the success, which will come - It was badly missed. The trajectory of the club is pretty obvious to anyone without an agenda against us. The improvement in 18 months has been amazing and the quality of player is getting back to what’s required.

Exciting times.

mynamejeff

love to hear this.

bringing back what it means to be a united player, and hopefully some trophies along with it over the next few seasons.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Great news for Mourinho, Manutd and the Fans. He will win us the league and maybe even the champions league. It also means he has been backed by united in transfer market like he asked which can only be good news. His tone had changed for ed and the board in recent Press conferences so i think this was on the cards.

Hercules

We have a manager who we admired when he was elsewhere, we are about (fingers crossed) to sign a player who we thought was awesome when he played for Arsenal and Dave, well...God is about to sign an extension too. We are having an okay season but which team didn't need rebuilding? Everyone did at one point of time unless you mention that freak of a season for Leicester.

Pogba looking good, this season is all about FA cup and CL (our expectations on the latter aint great, no?) but with one more transfer window, I think Mourinho will have that swag back at OT which we missed.

SAF didn't admire Jose for no reason :)

L1nk

Great news, of course, although my personal preference is for a more attack minded coach, Mourinho is, and I think will, do great things with us. My only criticism is the way we setup sometimes, too negative, especially in big games, we should be taking the game to the likes of City and Liverpool, not cowering in fear. Hoping with a new contract behind him, seemingly getting the signings we want like Sanchez etc might bolster the squad and the attitude and we come out blazing for the rest of this season and beyond, let's give the CL and more the runaround.

Inter Yer Nan

We signed the most sought after player in the 2016 window (Pogba), the biggest free transfer of modern times (Zlatan), are on the verge of signing one of the best 2-3 players in the league of recent times and top players want to stay and more want to join (than under Moyes and LVG). You've got De Gea who looked a dead cert to leave now standing alone as the world's best goalie and set to sign an extension that is sure to keep him well until his 30's and whether people want to believe it or not have shown clear signs of improvements.

I think Jose is doing a lot better than others want to believe and is really setting some solid foundations.

fezzerUTD

Last time at Chelsea he extended his contract end of his second season and was sacked in 6 months. Hope this goes better
I don't think its possible for a utd manager to be sacked 6 month into a season unless they did something very wrong. The only time they get the sack is when targets are not met. eg top 4 bare minimum.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Great news for Mourinho, Manutd and the Fans. He will win us the league and maybe even the champions league. It also means he has been backed by united in transfer market like he asked which can only be good news. His tone had changed for ed and the board in recent Press conferences so i think this was on the cards.

If we get Sanchez, I think we will have a good shot at a great run in this current CL, would say semis and even final. Mind you, if we get in the final, I wouldn't bet against him.

AndyJ1985

For the first time since Ferguson left it feels like we're a well run club who have got our shit together. The fiasco of dithering Dave seems a distant memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.