Moussa Dembele (OL)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@JPRouve I've not managed to watch much of him recently but I thought he was mint at Celtic (coming from a Rangers fan). Strong, quick, could do everything up front and a player I wished we looked at years ago. You think it would still be a good signing if we went for it?
On paper I don't see why he wouldn't be a good squad player, a better rounded Chicharito. I wouldn't consider him as a definite starter.

GMoore23

He'd be a decent stop gap starter and afterwards a very good backup.
Has similar numbers to Depay at Lyon and was 4th in the scoring charts last season so I'd say he'd be a decent 13/14 league goal a season player for us.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
On paper I don't see why he wouldn't be a good squad player, a better rounded Chicharito. I wouldn't consider him as a definite starter.
Hmm, I still think it would be worth taking a punt on him then. It's killing us having no threat up front other than Ronaldo so even if it was a loan deal we should go for it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Nah. He's exactly the type of player we shouldn't be clogging up the squad with. 26, would likely require a pretty decent wage, nowhere near good enough. Same as Rabiot without the baggage. If we're going for a player in their mid-twenties they need to be top level or cheap and hardworking squad players (a Milner, Barry, Ji-sung).

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If we were to buy a forward from France I'd really want it to be David.

However as there's zero links there.... this will do?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Because there are question marks over his potential while the supposed price is very high.
He does look very poacher based only from the bits I’ve seen on him. Do Lille fans love the bloke?

I’d be happy with Dembele though because he is more experienced/in his prime as a ST after Cavani and Ronaldo probably goes.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He does look very poacher based only from the bits I’ve seen on him. Do Lille fans love the bloke?

I’d be happy with Dembele though because he is more experienced/in his prime as a ST after Cavani and Ronaldo probably goes.
I don't know, they probably do but it doesn't change the fact that he hasn't really been a player that gives you guarantees. At the moment he is a good but not great Ligue 1 player.

OleGunnar20

I’d take him. Did really well for Lyon last season and seems to be fulfilling his potential. He’s classified as home grown too, which could be useful. As long as he’s no more than 30/40m, he represents a better option than most of the strikers linked. Long term we probably need someone with a higher ceiling but I could see him being a kinda Louis Saha type who was a great bridge between Van Nistelrooy and the maturing of Rooney and Ronaldo (not that we’re anywhere near that flushed with quality).
I think Saha is a good comparison, level-wise. Assuming (hoping) Ronaldo leaves, he'd be a pretty decent stop gap while we scout about / wait for the next big thing to show up.

SparkedIntoLife

I think Saha is a good comparison, level-wise. Assuming (hoping) Ronaldo leaves, he'd be a pretty decent stop gap while we scout about / wait for the next big thing to show up.
Yep indeed. Maybe that next big thing will be Sesko who presumably will be unavailable for at least the next 2 years (1 season loaned back to Salzburg and 1 in the higher profile environment of Leipzig). Hopefully Dembele and Martial would tide us over in the meantime.

aeh1991

Really depressing to realise once again that we already had one of the next big things on the CF position.

OleGunnar20

Yep indeed. Maybe that next big thing will be Sesko who presumably will be unavailable for at least the next 2 years (1 season loaned back to Salzburg and 1 in the higher profile environment of Leipzig). Hopefully Dembele and Martial would tide us over in the meantime.
Perhaps. I'm not 100% sold from the little I've seen of Sesko personally, but who knows. Seems to be a real dearth of attainable quality around at the moment so, I suppose all we can do is wait for things to change.
Really depressing to realise once again that we already had one of the next big things on the CF position.
Uugh, isn't it just.

NoPace

I don't think he has the pace or technical quality of Saha, but I could see him fitting because he'll look to get on the end of balls and we have Bruno and Eriksen to hit long balls that can be headed or taken down in the box from central areas, and appear to be playing with proper wingers under Ten Hag. So someone like Dembele who can head the ball might get 15 goals if given 30 starts even if he's a less exciting buy than what we would do if we were a proper club, which is try to find the next Suarez like Ajax did or Lewandowski like Dortmund did.

NoPace

Nah. He's exactly the type of player we shouldn't be clogging up the squad with. 26, would likely require a pretty decent wage, nowhere near good enough. Same as Rabiot without the baggage. If we're going for a player in their mid-twenties they need to be top level or cheap and hardworking squad players (a Milner, Barry, Ji-sung).
If he's happy being the 2nd striker and Cristiano is leaving then I'm fine with a striker like him and Martial leaving next summer after he has a decent year and we spend big on a quality starting #9, even if that means a young and fairly unproven type scoring goals in a weaker league.

Red00012

Averaged 1 goal in 2 games with Lyon and Celtic . Granted poor leagues but I’d take a chance on him as back up. 1 year on his contract so shouldn’t be too crazy a fee.

croadyman

Averaged 1 goal in 2 games with Lyon and Celtic . Granted poor leagues but I’d take a chance on him as back up. 1 year on his contract so shouldn’t be too crazy a fee.
How much do you reckon?

red_manchester

Supports
barcelona
i don't think he is a decent buy because we are already in a flood of midfielders with Xavi Simons and Amrabat coming in